OtakuBoards

Megaman banners...

Flash

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]ARGGHH!! You posted before I did Number 5!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, sorry, and I didn't get to see number four. It's by far the best of the bunch, but the color of the X should be altered to suit the rest of the banner. Number five is also a nice idea, but a background or something should be added to spice it up a bit, it's on the plain side of things.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]There are some obvious improvements that can be made, but overall it's a good start. They're a bit plain however. [/B][/QUOTE]

Obvious improvements?? Like what? And they're supposed to be plain, it's the style. Any more looks cluttered. And what do ya mean good start? I've been doing this for years, Sonny boy!! *shakes Walking stick*

[B]Obvious improvements?? Like what? And they're supposed to be plain, it's the style. Any more looks cluttered. And what do ya mean good start? I've been doing this for years, Sonny boy!! *shakes Walking stick* [/B][/QUOTE]

OK well, here are my suggested improvements:

Banner 1 - lower the opacity of the image in the background. I can't tell where the foreground image is since they blend together. The text could also use higher tracking, and personally I think the glow would look better feathered. There's also this big gaping hole in the upper left corner. Personally I think something should go there, but if you like it plain, well, have fun.

Banner 2 - The only real problem with this one is I can't really tell what's in that lens flare. I suggest you bring the image in front of the lens flare... if it is already and it just blends well, make the lens flare a tad less bright and lower the opacity, or just colorize the foreground image to something else. But then again, if you're not supposed to be able to see him........ these are just my suggestions.

Banner 3 - It's obvious that the image was increased in size from it's low quality. The text could probably use an outer glow of some sort, and the rest is just plain. Again, I think a background would help, but whatever.

Banner 4 - The grey outline of the X just doesn't fit in; I'd suggest a blue color.

Banner 5 - Just a background of some sort. I think I see one back there but I have no idea what it is. A star field background would work well with this one.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 'King Sephiroth [/i]
[B]you should have made this a poll, anyway...all but the 1st one i downloaded
how do i quote

check this gochan below [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't want to know which one you guys like best, I want to know what you think of all of them... out of 10...

Zanza - You're talking in some crazy Photoshop language...
Okay, so you don't like my banners. How 'bout you try making [I]high[/I] quality banners from enlarged screenshots of a 16-bit game? Oh, and Banner 3 was meant to look slightly lower in quality, it's a painting effect.

Banner 5? The guy in the back is Zero. If I added any more, It would be cluttered.

But - I agree with the rest of your opinions. Thanks.

[B]
Zanza - You're talking in some crazy Photoshop language...
Okay, so you don't like my banners. How 'bout you try making [I]high[/I] quality banners from enlarged screenshots of a 16-bit game? Oh, and Banner 3 was meant to look slightly lower in quality, it's a painting effect.
[/B][/QUOTE]

You didn't use Photoshop? Oh, that changes things a bit, but oh well.

There's really no need to get all pissy at me, you asked what the viewer thought of your banners. So, I gave you my honest opinion.