OtakuBoards

Which OB member would you be ok stranded on a deserted Island with?

ChibiHorsewoman

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel'] I'd be surprised if they didn't know first aid.[/quote]
Fair enough, but my old middle school certified 7th graders in CPR.

Honestly, the issue should be put to rest, I think. I was merely trying to correct an error out of formailty, but the possibility of anything constructive coming out of a full fledged off-topic debate is pretty usless. For example, a vet could just as easily go back to school and become a physician and vice versa. *shrugs*

So, what were you all saying about an island?

EDIT: Thank you for the reiteration, Panda. You are spot on. ("lets stick to our respective species", heh. )

As for justifying my origional response to the thread. I stumbled upon this interesting picture of Annie and myself if stuck on said hypothetical island... enjoy.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22472&stc=1[/img]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#404241]Wow, I'm honored and flattered to see who all wanted me on the island with them. That's right, you all can't resist my ultra-hot, Goddess-like sexiness. Of course, you all would be laying on the beach, totally wipped out by the presence of me. Your faces would be frozen with the "O-face".

You can't handle teh Anneh. But, I would enjoy every minute of it ^_~

Thanks guys, lol. [/color]

For some strange reason I feel like this conversation went off topic because of me. :animeswea People and animals have many similar medical treatments and very different ones. If a vet were to be the first responder at an accident the first and foremost thing is: "First Do No Harm". That applies across the board for anything you do in medicine. Unfortunately it seems that many human medical personnel feel they can treat their pets and usually end up doing more harm then good. It's a two way street. It's best if you just stick with the species you were train to treat. If you go back and read my response in this thread that is why I picked an EMT to be with me on the island.

Of course on one of those camping trips I mentioned in that previous post, I used the first aid kit I pack for animals on my husband because he ended up with a big cut on his hand. When he walked into the emergency room all the staff there responded "Vet wrap!" since that is what I used to keep the gauze on his wound. Hey in an emergency you grab what you know. I know my kit better than his first aid kit.

People go to MDs. Animals go to DVMs. But in a pinch I would rather have a vet treat my wounds on a deserted island than let's say...Britney Spears.

Now let's all stick with the topic at hand which is which member you would be ok to be stranded with on a deserted island.

[b]I wouldn't want to condemn [i]anyone[/i] to be stuck on an island with the likes o' me... but I guess I'd have to say Drix. [/b]

[b]Why? Because he's intelligent enough to keep my mind occupied, because he's a guy ( no offense, ladies, but I have a hard enough time getting along with females even when I'm [i]not [/i]stranded with one) and because I'd rather dehydrate to death with a fellow pirate than with a landlubber.:smirk: [/b]

[b]edit[/b]: Regarding the first reason for choosing Drix- I'm just not going to say anything about his original post (about what he'd be [i]doing[/i] on that deserted island)...and...ahem...whether he'd actually keep my [i]mind[/i] occupied...hmmm...

And maybe I'd be ok with Dragon Warrior... that way, I could die laughing...he's funny...tee hee...