OtakuBoards

Which OB member would you be ok stranded on a deserted Island with?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I don't know if this thread has ever been done before, but I figured I'd try it out and see how it went. Which OB members would you not mind being stranded on a deserted island with and why? Don't forget the why because that's the most interesting part of the whole thread.

I wouldn't mind being stranded with L.Crisler (who is hardly ever on) because he had to go through basic training so he should know how to survive. And we have a lot in common. But I don't think that one counts.

I could probably stand being stranded with Drix for a few days. He owes me the rest of a debate and he seems smart enough that we could figure out how to make a boat.

Siren: Well, that would be really interesting. Especially if this was some kind of reality show since Siren and I don't always get along very well. One of us could probably talk a coconut into turning into a radio and we'd get off that island in no time.

WiccanSamurai: She seems like a really nice person and we'd be able to get off that island in no time.

Ok, so who would you pick? And I won't be too insulted if no one picks me.[/color]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately wouldn't get stranded with you because I would get weird questions all the time lol.

Heaven's Cloud wouldn't stop talking about his idol, so that's not happening.

Seriously, I don't really know anyone here that I would like to be stranded with. I know a few in real life that would kill me if they wouldn't be caught so they're not an option. Based on posts here, I really don't think I can say anyone. You never know what someone is like based on how they discuss things.

I wouldn't mind getting stranded with Dagger. On a deserted island, you need smarts, and Dagger's got them. Besides, it never hurts to meet new people.

I think it would be cool to be stranded on a desert island with Reise. It'd be awesome to talk to him in person, and being on an island with nothing better to do would be a perfect place to converse about the Matrix, and whatever else is interesting.

But of course, the pow-pow wouldn't be complete without the one-and-only Juu. She seems extremely nice, and again, I'd love to talk to her. I like her photos... but I suppose photography wouldn't save me on a desert island. But then again, neither would talking to Dagger or Reise. *shrug*

So yeah, Me, Dagger, Reise, and Juu would talk about whatever, and eventually get around to making some shabby raft. We'd float into the open sea and nearly die, but get rescued by some ... Spanish Warships! And then we'd bestow upon the Spaniards the knowledge of photography, anime, and the Matrix. Not that they wouldn't know that.

xD Good topic!

[color=darkslategray]Man, there's a great deal of people I wouldn't mind getting stranded with. So, as best as I can come up with:

[b]Alex (Siren)[/b]- My, my, if he and I got stranded on a deserted island together..them coconuts will end up running for cover ^_~ Alex is a highly intelligent man, and has a delightful sense of humor. Something that would be needed. He'd keep me entertained (*cough*) and he'd be a great company.

[b]Baron Samedi[/b]- Baron's a sweety, funny, and he just seems like we'd fight all the time, but laugh at it. If I were to go insane, he'd be normal XD Kidding Baron, dear. I luv joo. He just seems like he'd be fun to have sand wars or something.

[b]Jordan (Drix)[/b]- Who else is going to help me find that burried treasure?! None other than the OB's Original Pirate! Arg! I loves you too, Jordan matey.

[b]Charles[/b]-......on second thought, maybe not. He'd either end up driving me insane (way too early, that is), or he might become all native islander and try to scalp me.

[b]Syk3 and Shinmaru[/b]-

[u]Reason for Syk3[/u]: I'll need someone to butter my muffins...^_^

[u]Reason for Shin[/u]: ....f*ckeroni. I'll be needing lots of that ^_~

(You can't have Syk3 and Shin seperate. It's just impossible. Those two are practically married.)

[b]Metatron[/b]- Despite his absence, and his morbid-ness sometimes, I would love to be stranded with him. Very intelligent and he knows how to sword fight. Scary, but we'd have a good time.

[b]Kane and Corey[/b]-

[u]Reason for Kane[/u]: My Irish man! Protective, and very comforting. Although, if he says "interesting, most interesting" to me..I'll probably drown him.

[u]Reason for Corey[/u]: Fantabulous person to talk to. Has a morbid sense of humor and very creative. Good for talking, and thinking of ways to get off the island.

(You can't have these two seperate either. Same reason, haha.)

[b]SilpheedPilot[/b]-......my fantasy. The one and only person I would stay stranded with forever, and not go crazy or grow bored. I wouldn't care to see another person again. I would spend forever and eternity with him.

I wouldn't mind hanging out with a few girls (please don't take offense girls). But I could [b]not[/b] be stranded with one on an island. Girls just don't get along after a really long period of time together. We'll end up fighting, knowing my personality and attitude. If I forgot anyone, sorry >.<

[b]EDIT[/b]- I lied about a female. There's only one that I think I would be able to live with:

[b]Mimmi[/b]- She is my master, and she's so sweet! She has a wonderful imagination, and is very playful (In a very innocent way..>_>). I know that whenever I'm down, she'll be optimistic and edging me on to have fun. Vice Versa. We could go on really fun adventures all the time. She's always got something new and fun to talk about. [/color]

[size=1][b]Semjaza Azazel[/b]
He's so logical, he could logic our way off the island! He could probably build a boat a lot better than I could too. Plus he's scary and thus any mean island animals would cower in fear. Not to mention we can stand talking to eachother for long periods of time, or last I checked we could.

[b]CRandomHero[/b]
Because it's Alan, and really that's reason enough. We'd probably never get off that island though, too much stocking talk.

[b]Heavens Cloud[/b]
We'd probably never make it off that island ::winks::

[I chose all boys because they don't menstruate. Two bitchy women on a deserted island, right :rolleyes: ][/size]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Hmm lets see..

[b]Ken (DeathKnight)[/b] : I'd like to stay on an island with Ken 'cause.. Hell. 'Cause he's Ken. And besides. With all our AIM chats, we already know how to share. Don't we Ken? ^_^ [b][I'd have my curtain with me. >:3][/b]

[b]Erika (Dark Serena)[/b] : One of the few, I think, that can challenge my Pokemon.. -ness. >>;; *cough* Well, I know having two girls stranded alone might get stressful, [b][I agree with anatema's last statement in her post *nods*][/b] but it'd also be fun. For the most part...

[b]Baron[/b] : Aren't Aussie's known for their great surviving skills in harsh environments. And they can make anything out of anything! [b][Except... for a toaster out of a banana. Let's not get stupid. ^_^;;][/b] Plus, he'd be fun to hang out with. =3

[b]Annie[/b] : Hope you don't mind me calling you Annie instead of Annalisse. Heh.. Even though we might end up ripping each other apart if we stayed together for too long, [b][I'm one of the most obnoxious people when I get bored..][/b] if we got picked up off the island before that, I think we'd have some fun.

That's who I [i]think[/i] I could be alone with while stranded on a desert island. x3 [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]Hmm. This is hard, I don't know too many people ^^;; though this topic seems farmiliar....[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#808080][/color][/font]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Could deal with:[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Jacob (FirePhoenix727)[/b] - Just because he's a sweet heart and seems to cling to me and would cry if I didn't put him on here ^^[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Gavin (DragonWarrior)[/b] - Oh come on, we all love him. I'd never get bored of his perverted instincts :P Anyway, he seems to like to pick on me <_< might be fun for him.[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]Numb lupen01 [6:05 PM]: wanna be on a desert island with meee?
ZeroFeather [6:06 PM]: if sex is plentiful[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]seee?[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#808080][b]Phillip (Doc)[/b] - He's so damned spunky! :D[/color][/font]

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Couldn't deal with:[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Matt (Box Hoy)[/b] - I love him half to death but damnitt, I couldn't deal with on an island where I can't hide.[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Zach (Sephy07)[/b] - No. >:|[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Steph (Rhian)[/b] - God, she'd start to poke and prod and be all over me and hurt me ;-;[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]::thinks momentarily::

[B]Dark Serena [/B] - Why? Erica is my pokemon master...plus she's got smarts...and likes to cook!...not that I don't. She enjoys anime and manga and eating healthy!And she's good to talk to and interesting to listen to, and...um, she rocks! We could probably talk...and talk...and talk...and talk ...talking = great. ^_^

[B]Annie[/B] - >_>;; well i don't know...she's funny, and knows stuff about fiber optics...that could prove almost needed on a deserted island..she likes to hurt me, and i get a kick of her hurting me...so...oh yeah! we could quote Napolean Dynamite...OH! She likes to read manga too...and she laughs at my necessity for the next Berserk manga...

[B]Kitty[/B] - Kitty...is well...Kitty! I always manage to call her foxy at least once everytime we talk...and then I get in trouble T_T. But Kitty rocks...Interesting conversations and such...conversation would be needed on the deserted island...or the giant atomic gerbils would invade >_>;; ..can't have that

[B]James [/B] - James is always good to talk to. He's smart. He's watched the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer a jillion times. So...he's high on the ol' "you're friggin cool" list. He's also a hard worker...and I'll need one of those to build a tree house...XD

[B]Dagger[/B] - Why? Elfenlied fan...thus...super friggin awesome. We could rock out sitting on the deserted island pondering possible outcomes of the series...discussions = super great. But, if he said he liked Nana better than Nyuu i'd have to hurt him XD[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][B][I]Additions[/I]![/B] XD

[B]Siren[/B] - I heart super star destroyers. Alex is pro-Empire, I'm pro-Empire. Star Wars talk would get us long discussions until we build my super star destroyer and destroy rebel scum.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ArunueShekamari]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Couldn't deal with:[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][b]Steph (Rhian)[/b] - God, she'd start to poke and prod and be all over me and hurt me ;-;[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1];-; That makes me sad, Aru. I don't poke people irl. I only huggle. ;-;

[b]Jacob-chan[/b](Kyuai) Because he ish so cooool. ^.^ He's funny, and we'd probably be laughing in no time. Laughter, he needs. He doesn't get enough of that.

[b]ChibiHorseWoman[/b] I would love to talk to her in person. Of course, she would probably do all the talking while I listened and put ina comment occasionally.

[b]Gavin[/b] Because he is so uberly sexy. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be stranded on an island with him?

[b]Morpheus, Ninja_Freak, and Zero_Control[/b] The last two don't come here anymore, but stick the fours of us on an island and we'd kill each other. Well, actually, Taylor(Ninja) would try to kill Morpheus, and Chasten(Zero) and I would end up being peace makers. But it would be lotsa fun.

[b]Tash[/b] Because he's cool. And he looks like a celebrity. :)

[b]Juu[/b] Now this one I don't think I have to explain.She is just darn cool, and takes great photos. I have a lot to learn from that girl.

I'll probably come back with more...[/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, there are maybe a handful of people that I wouldn't mind being with...and they are:

[strike][b]Tony aka Semjaza Azazel:[/b] You know, I don't know why, but he is the first person that I thought of. Maybe it's because I've finally got to start talking to him again after such a long period of time, but Tony and I can have some pretty deep conversations. And if you're stranded on a deserted island and there probably isn't much else to do, then I guess Tony and I could just sit and talk. Or something. Or maybe something else...who knows. ^_~

[b]Kenneth aka DeathKnight:[/b] I would have Ken because he is my Knight. And he would protect me from all the evilness of the island. And he would give me magical soda so that I would forget that I was stranded on a deserted island! =D

[b]Megan aka Arcadia:[/b] With our useful racquetball skills, we would assemble a court of primitive makings and start the first racquetball team on the island. Of course, we would probably be the only ones playing, but if there were natives, they would think we were GODDESSES! And that's not even counting our amazing good looks!

[b]Sara aka ...Sara:[/b] Because Sara would make me feel better. She's a comforter. She reminds me of a mother. And everyone needs a mother.[/color][/size][/strike]

[color=hotpink][size=1][b]EDIT:[/b] You know what? Screw my list. I hate that my list is practically the same as everyone else's list. I wish that the OB wasn't just Tony/James/Sara/Ken/Megan run. Give other members a chance. But I guess I'm guilty of not practicing what I preach because I have no freaking idea who a lot of people on here now are. I guess that's what happens when you've been here 3+ years and are super elitist. *sighs deeply*

I think it's the rain, I SWEAR.[/color][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Interesting, but I thought getting stranded with me would add incentive to get [i]off[/i'] the island. Du uh![/color][/quote]
But I'd like to leave the Island and feel good. I have a heavy concience(sp) and wouldn't feel right knowing I had just killed you.

I?m going to make an inquiry before I bother replying to this thread. How is it any different from the countless ?[B]Which OtakuBoards member would you like to meet in real life[/B]? threads we?ve endured? This just seems like the same popularity contest we?ve seen countless times over with different dressing. On one hand it?s a good opportunity to try something new. People could put some real thought into their posts and instead of just listing their normal friends or using this opportunity to kiss ***, they could take into account gender, age, ethnicity, religious differences, health, physical prowess/size, foraging, hunting and organizational skills to put together a convincingly capable society. Ask yourselves how your chances of survival will be affected by how you?re constructing your society.

Annie?s, for example, would perish because it?s male-dominated; reproduction would be inefficient. The ratio of men to women is incredibly imbalanced. Due to women being such a limited resource for reproduction, wouldn't competition among males rise, perhaps resulting in violence? Others choose young members who probably wouldn?t be able to cope with the psychological stress of being separated from their families, let alone possess the wherewithal necessary to survive independently in the wild. Would Ken, for example, be a good choice considering that he?s in the rebellious stage of his teenage years? Does [I]Lord of the Flies [/I] ring a bell for anyone? lol

Yeah, I just see the same clichéd responses that are the norm for popularity threads here. No one puts real thought into the fact that they?ve never met most of their choices. No one considers the fact that they may not be comfortable in an environment of raw isolation with strangers they?ve only talked to through the Internet or on the phone. They just want to be ?cute? with these thoughtless responses that in no way consider the question seriously.

I?ll give ChibiHorsewoman a nod of credit for at least considering certain [b]serious[/b] advantages individual members possess, such as her husband?s basic training. But, on the other hand how would the couple cope with the despair of being separated from their newborn child? Would they be psychologically fit under the circumstances to pull together with a small community and survive? Also, just because Drix is able to debate proficiently, does that mean he?s capable of building a boat with minimal tools and supplies? I?m not saying he couldn?t--but his ability to debate is not sufficient evidence to prove so. If she had chosen him due to some knowledge in say, treating injuries or something of that nature, it would have been more of a valid choice. The reasoning in her choices just grow weaker from there--which is the level of quality thought or lack thereof that I?m seeing from everyone else.

Also, a description of the island would be helpful too. If it's tropical, for example, I wouldnt' choose to bring someone from a colder northern climate.

Instead of people completely ignoring me, or taking the easy scapegoat and telling me I?ve put ?too much thought into this? and need to ?lighten up,? I think it?d be cool if they started investing some real creativity into their responses. Perhaps that?s just wishful thinking though.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img219.exs.cx/img219/7503/inconceivable3qs.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

*signing my post as if I'm writing a formal letter or something and you didn't already know who I was*

--Charles

[quote name='Charles'] Would Ken, for example, be a good choice considering that he?s in the rebellious stage of his teenage years?[/quote]

[color=crimson]Hm? Ah, Charles! Yes, yes, a valid point. Being stranded on a desert island with death and isolation staring me in the face I would be so inclined to just rebel, you know? It's so hard to *not* rebel, even facing starvation and such a horrendous situation. Look at the masses! They are so.. so.. MASSED TOGETHER~! All those little figureheads of authority, I POO ON THEM HEAVILY! It just angers my brain! Rebel, my friends! Rebel with all of your might! *takes an ironically large amount of similarly minded non-conformists and destroys the island*

Might I suggest you take the time out of your schedule to get to know me before you say that, hm? I'm fairly certain that I am actually a few months out of that stage. I mean, I could be wrong of course. But, as of right now, I have a certain inclination that I just might be over that. Let's pray that I am, yes? *shakes his head*

Hmm. Some real creativity, huh. Were you serious? I can never tell with you, hm. Oh well. Let's see here. This is a real oldbie, but I'd probably want [b]Anti[/b] along with me. Most of you don't know him, but he is a very, very smart sort of person- just the type of person you could need for planning or intellectual sorts of things on an island of this sort. I'm not certain if he has any skills with outdoorsmenship but he does have plenty of physical prowess to do various tasks.

I'd drag Annie with me. She's been through basic training, yeah? I'm pretty sure that aside from that she might have been camping a few times. Aside from that, once again, she's pretty smart. She might have an opinion or two that Anti or I wouldn't have thought of from her intelligence+basic training. I think she could handle being away from her family. o_O If not, Anti's lecturing would slap her into shape. <_< She's one of the only women on OB I can think of that I would bring along for practical purposes, lol.

Ahh, man. I need to know more of you on a personal level to get a larger list that that. Rest assured, there would be more people but I haven't really had many in-depth conversations with OBers about what kind of practical skills they have, lol. Who wouldn't I take? I wouldn't take the majority of the people that others have listed in this thread. Since this wouldn't be a vacation, I'm afraid that they might just weigh everything down.

So, consider this list a work in progress.[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]Hm? Ah, Charles! Yes, yes, a valid point. Being stranded on a desert island with death and isolation staring me in the face I would be so inclined to just rebel, you know? It's so hard to *not* rebel, even facing starvation and such a horrendous situation. Look at the masses! They are so.. so.. MASSED TOGETHER~! All those little figureheads of authority, I POO ON THEM HEAVILY! It just angers my brain! Rebel, my friends! Rebel with all of your might! *takes an ironically large amount of similarly minded non-conformists and destroys the island*

Might I suggest you take the time out of your schedule to get to know me before you say that, hm? I'm fairly certain that I am actually a few months out of that stage. I mean, I could be wrong of course. But, as of right now, I have a certain inclination that I just might be over that. Let's pray that I am, yes? *shakes his head*[/color][/QUOTE]

I don't know you personally, but it's safe to say that I've witnessed enough of your personality traits to draw the conclusion that like many teenage boys, you could be quite difficult and inefficient to deal with in such a situation. Look how easily I've riled you up into a storm of sarcasm here. In a situation such as the one being introduced in this thread, my personal [I]opinion [/I] (given your age and personality) is that you'd clash with people quite easily [I]because[/I] of the stressful conditions that you listed in an effort to satire what I said. Those obstacles wouldn't aid your behavior or make you easy to deal with--they'd be detrimental to it. Even if it is a small society, an organizational approach would have to be taken, leadership would arise, and if you disagreed with what you were being told to do it would be in your very nature to raise a fuss about it.

And yes, the very fact that you would use a phrase like "POO ON THEM HEAVILY" further justifies you as an example here.

[font=Fixedsys][color=Red]Man, how time flies...I thought I'd stop by my old stompin' grounds...

Anywhoo, stranded island...stranded island...(I forget half you damned people)

'Prolly Syk to use his head as a shovel...

[/color][/font][color=Red][font=Fixedsys]Bah, I couldn't find myself on a stranded Island...I would be too busy eating fellow stranded people, or getting the hell out.

Aww well...Happeh V-Deh Everbodeh and see you whenever I feel like it!:smirk:
[/font][/color]

[color=crimson]Charles- while your personal opinion usually means little to me, I feel you have hit the nail directly on the head. My rebelliousness might cause problems, but it could also cause creativity and new ideas. However since you seem to have personal experience with surviving on deserted islands and exactly what is needed to survive physically, mentally and emotionally, I submit to your greater opinion. I hope that from this I can move on to understand the complexities of survival on desert islands, following your example.[/color]

[color=#9933ff]*snickers* I'm just going to bring Ken along to spite Charles.

No, really, I would bring Ken on the island. Ken is very smart, and I think if he used his brain to work for the good of the group (yes, I'm fairly sure he's capable of doing that. ^_~), he could get a lot done. I would consider his size as additional ammunition to his intelligence, as well, because he could gather fruit (I recall in Lord of the Flies that the small children couldn't reach tall fruit, ne?), and he is also strong enough for manual labor, building boats and such. Although he can appear self-centered at times, I don't think he's like that at all, and that he'd be a good (or even decent) leader to get people off the island.

I would probably want to bring some of my friends, as well, because why would I want to spend my time with someone like.... *thinks of someone she doesn't like* ...uhm.... someone I don't like. (There's a couple people that I used to not like, but I don't see them around the OL anymore so I won't mention them).

I'd bring The Vampire: Ed along, also because of his size and ability to do manual labor, as well as having a vampire on my island (sorry, couldn't resist. Vampires are just way too cool. >_>)

I'd probably bring Queen Asuka along, because she has the nice balance of being very feminine and also speaking her mind. So she could be a very motherly, but also strong member of the island group.

I'd bring Dragon Warrior on the island not for his writing skills (although entertainment would be nice, too) but if he's anything like the way he works on his stories, I know he'd be willing to work hard and put in 100% effort to get us off the stupid island. Besides, he's on the track team, which means he can run fast, which means he can run after meat? (or if he's a thrower, he can also throw spears at the fish. heh.)

I'll probably come up with other people to put on this list because my brain is almost, [i]almost[/i], fried like an egg here.[/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']Charles- while your personal opinion usually means little to me, I feel you have hit the nail directly on the head. My rebelliousness might cause problems, but it could also cause creativity and new ideas. However since you seem to have personal experience with surviving on deserted islands and exactly what is needed to survive physically, mentally and emotionally, I submit to your greater opinion. I hope that from this I can move on to understand the complexities of survival on desert islands, following your example.[/color][/quote]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img202.exs.cx/img202/3920/crybaby5iw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

And, while I usually don't waste my time expressing said personal opinion on you, I feel that this little exchange was rather productive and sincerely thank you for taking the time to participate. I also admire your rhetoric. Your strategy of patronizing me and making me look like an elitist was not only quite creative but conducive to my original point. :rolleyes:

However, I've only flattered you with a mention as a matter of convenience. Because I was already aware of your age range I was able to insert your name without looking at profile pages. So keep in mind that there was nothing [I]personal[/I] at all intended with the post. Your name was just a footnote for a bigger and more important point. I think it's great though how you made a post saying you weren't being sarcastic only to delete it and create another one even more sarcasm-ridden. Great stuff, sport. I do support the idea you expressed in the deleted post that we continue the discussion elsewhere if we must--but that's something I have no desire to do as I feel that it's just getting silly now.

Because you're interested in bringing up my island background though, I'll have you know that not only have I watched every episode of Gilligan's Island Island but I've also vacationed in Jamaica as well. And then again, I never suggested that people should pick me either, did I? So, I'm not quite sure what the relevance is of your bringing it up at all.

[QUOTE=Rhian][size=1]
[b]Gavin[/b] Because he is so uberly sexy. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be stranded on an island with him?
[/size][/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you speak of me, for I am sexier than this "Kane" fellow that drifts about OB every now and again XD

Truthfully, I'd prefer not to be stranded on an island with any of you, for I don't know any of you in real life, so who knows if you might give me ouchies :(

I'd also prefer not to be stranded at all. But if I had to choose...

I'd be with [b]Kane.[/b] Two Gavins on one island would make for a seriously sexy sitcom. Throw in a couple supermodels and we're talkin' business.

If [b]Syk3[/b] was with me, I'd make him my slave. Simple as that.

As for a chick... I'd get a frickin' hott one, so we can have hot island [spoiler]coconut-eating contests.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Morpheus']But I'd like to leave the Island and feel good. I have a heavy concience(sp) and wouldn't feel right knowing I had just killed you.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet] :(

Don't worry, after I talked your ears off you wouldn't hear a thing.

Actually if you asked me to I could be quiet, and then we could just go and build a boat...unless I killed you first for telling me to shut up.

Oh yeah.. I forgot about Drix knowing about first aid. Hey everyone should come over to my island. I have a guy who passed a combat life saving course, a guy who obviously kows more than that, me, the girl who managed to pass first aid twice, WiccanSamurai and Siren.

Hey Charles? even though Abby isn't even old enough to [i]sit up on her own[/i] let alone use a computer. Can I pick her?

Side note: I guess I'll get stranded with Charles too since he's seen every episode of Gilligan's Island. Hey, it could work in our advantage. I'll also pick Rhian because she could get the weather to work in our favor.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
Hey Charels? even though Abby isn't even old enough to [i]sit up on her own[/i] let alone use a computer. Can I pick her? [/color][/QUOTE]

You see, that's an interesting point to ponder. Seriously. Of course you don't want to be divided from your child for an indefinite amount of time. So, when choosing castaways you should consider the burden an infant would present in this scenario. It would surely be an extra (and incredibly big) responsibility for everyone within the group to consider. You?re bringing a person who will only receive and make zero contributions.

I went over an exercise similar to this discussion in a persuasive writing class about a year ago where we were only able to choose from a short list of people to place on an island. Both the mother and daughter were separate choices. We had to consider the issue of separating a mother from her infant. Would it be best to bring them both and deal with the responsibility of raising an extremely vulnerable person in a hostile situation? Or could the mother alone be a productive member of the society bearing the heavy psychological complications of separating her from her newborn child? Now, bearing that in mind, only you can answer your question.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman']Side note: I guess I'll get stranded with Charles too since he's seen every episode of Gilligan's Island. Hey, it could work in our advantage. I'll also pick Rhian because she could get the weather to work in our favor.[/color][/quote]
I'd probably take Steph, but I don't think Charles' straw radio would help much.

[quote name='Dragon Warrior]As for a chick... I'd get a frickin' hott one, so we can have hot island [spoiler']coconut-eating contests.[/spoiler][/quote]
I assume you would judge the contests, but then it wouldn't be a contest. She would be the only contestant(unless of course you are triple-jointed, be we won't get into that). She wouldn't actually eat them, would she? Fear Factor contestants seem to have a hard time.

How about we all get stranded on an island? We can be one big happy family...until Charles kills us all.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet] :
Side note: I guess I'll get stranded with Charles too since he's seen every episode of Gilligan's Island. Hey, it could work in our advantage. I'll also pick Rhian because she could get the weather to work in our favor.[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1][b]*grins* I have so much fun with that. I would probably end up making it rain because I like rain. I also like swimming in the rain. The drops make such pretty patterns on the water surface.

And yes, DW, I meant you. I just can never remember how you like your name spelled.[/size][/b]