Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
why is it our country and its ppl suport a holiday in wich mass amounts of mony are spend in ways that cause ppl to go parading around showing off how happy they are and rubing it into everyone that has never known what its like :flaming:

just wondering
Posted
[QUOTE=KuaiEienGunjin]why is it our country and its ppl suport a holiday in wich mass amounts of mony are spend in ways that cause ppl to go parading around showing off how happy they are and rubing it into everyone that has never known what its like :flaming:

just wondering[/QUOTE]

I think just about everyone in the world got laid and was happy today, except for you.
Posted
you have a good point
alot of ppl are happy on this day. the thing is there happyness comes at the expence or reminding everyone els how lownly they are. is it fair for them to leach off us like that?

i know life isnt fair but still
Posted
[QUOTE=KuaiEienGunjin]you have a good point
alot of ppl are happy on this day. the thing is there happyness comes at the expence or reminding everyone els how lownly they are. is it fair for them to leach off us like that?[/quote]

[color=darkslategray]Corperate America [spoiler]sucks balls[/spoiler]. That's all there is to it.[/color]

[quote name='KuaiEienGunjin']i know life isnt fair but still[/quote]

[color=darkslategray]You'll live. The rest of us lonely twits are finding some way to live; I'm sure you can too.[/color]
Posted
well i know that and its nice to know to but that dont make it rite

sorry but i thout this would be an interesting topic and well this will be the worst v day ever for reasons i wont post here
Posted
[color=#4B0082]How is being happy on a holiday rubbing your happiness in the faces of those who aren't? And how is it different than being happy any other day of the year? Personally, I didn't even really care that it was Valentine's Day yesterday, and I didn't do/give/receive anything, but you make it sound like people are wrong for being happy. And I just can't see the logic in that.

I mean, how can you blame someone for being happy when the cause of their happiness isn't related to you at all? (In this case, it would be related to Valentine's Day and the experiences thereof.) Yeah, life isn't fair; some will be happy and others unhappy at any given time. But I doubt most people actually have an attitude of rubbing their happiness in the faces of those who are unhappy. If you're unhappy and seeing people who are happy reminds you of your unhappiness ... is that really their fault?

At this point, you have to ask the question, "Are people accountable for what another person thinks as a result of their actions?" Myself, unless that action is inherently wrong (and I don't think being happy falls into that category), or unless it's knowingly done with the intent of negatively affecting other people, I don't consider it their fault.

Think about it: A man is walking down the street in a good mood with a smile on is face, while on the other side of the street, a second man in a depressed mood passes by the other way. The first man doesn't even notice the second, yet the second sees the first and is put into an even more depressed state by seeing the first's happiness. Now, wouldn't it seem just a bit absurd for the second man to stop the first one and tell him he's wrong for being happy?

So no offense, but I think in this sort of situation, the problem is most likely in the minds of those who are unhappy. Comparing yourself to others is rarely, if ever, a good thing.

I used the word "happy," and varients of it, way too many times in this post. :twitch:[/color]
Posted
[CENTER][IMG]http://img233.exs.cx/img233/3193/bec20surprised9mt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

What's this? The other Valentine's Day thread just called! It says to post in there.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...