OtakuBoards

Snow Drop, Peach Girl, & MARS ^-^

Guest acpilot196

Guest acpilot196
MARS is one of those romantic novel manga that get you hooked from the beginning-sorta like PeachGirl....sorta. O.o what do you all think of it? I actually only have half of the Mars collection I own 5,8, 10-15 and A Horse With No Name.

In Peach Girl, the first to the second series I've gone from Momo's side to Sae's side- I recently got the last,10th, manga of 'A Change of Heart' Series and was mad that it had ended but thankfully I didn't have to be bouncing around the store wanting the next one to come, eh? ^-^ Good times..

Snow Drop is a Manga that my friend buys that I was recnetly introduced to and is quite good so far. From what I know the series goes up to 7 books at the moment...well...that's how much I beleive my friend owns at the time.

Any opinions on any of these Mangas?

Guest TwilightSpirit
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial Narrow]I've read the first 4 volumes of Mars, and it is a tad addictive. I'm more of a fantasy person, but Mars is one of those series that you can't help but get hooked on. I haven't looked at the other two though. If you like Mars, I think you'd probably like Hot Gimmick. It has a bit more humor in it than Mars does, but it still deals with some heavy topics.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] I haven't read Mars yet, but I want too, that and the Kare Kano Manga since it carries on after the anime series ended. Also, I read Peach Girl to Volume 6 and it just got too-soap opera-ish for me. Plus I heard [SPOILER] That sae got pregnant and all that and it just sounded like it was a cop-out from a soap opera, I hate how she switches from boy to boy too. Yeah real "love" there. [/SPOILER] I don't know why, but I just lost interest. Check out Kare Kano. It rocks. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='acpilot196']Any opinions on any of these Mangas?[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]MARS-One of my personal favorites, I really did enjoy this.

Snow drop-Eh. It was alright. It bored me a little. More cliches than a family Christmas.

Peach Girl-The worst manga I have ever had the misfortune to read. The main character (name?) annoyed me to death. It was like [SPOILER]"OMG! the guy I've loved for like, forever hates me because I'm so tan and all the like old men hit on me in the street because they think I'm so pretty!"[/SPOILER] Don't know if that counts as a spoiler. I'll just be safe. Anyways, yeah. It was just a really shallow manga. Sorry for the rant, and if you enjoy it, that's fine with me. I just dislike it at a very high level.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
I have all 15 volumes of Mars and the final story Horse with no Name and I love that story.
I have read most of Peach Girl and I'm also watching the anime, which I love!
Snow Drop is one of my favourite manga books. I have just ordered vol 8 which was recently released, I can't wait to read it.
I am a total suck for romance manga!! :D