OtakuBoards

Korn... the end of an era?

boxybrown305

[COLOR=DarkRed]It's true... Korn is no longer a band! :(

About two weeks ago, guitarist "Head" left the band to "find god" *puke! :animeangr
He may possibly join a christian rock band (that's all we need another horrible band like
Creed...), and i highly doubt the probability of them continuing either without him, or with a new member.

Korn is still going to complete thier new (and most likely final) album due to release later this year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]But err... they are continuing without Head. In fact, they have announced no plans to break up after the CD at all. They started recording the CD after Head negotiated his leave, lol, so I'd hardly say it's the end. It'll be different KoRn, to be sure, but it'll still be KoRn, and Fieldy, Munk, Jon and David have [i]no[/i] plans of breaking up any time soon, lol.

[i]The more you know...[/i][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=SlateGray][b]
Good on him[/b] for finding a belief in God.

You know, I tend to see it as a re-affirmation of truth when soemone leaves the fame and everything that went with their old life to go and follow God. I mean, they must have a damn good reason for following a different path, I surely wouldn't have left my old life on a whim, to go out there and get ridiculed every day.

There are plenty of good Christian rock bands out there that sound nothign like Creed, btw. Check out [b]Day of Fire[/b], and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. (especially thsoe who like Drowning Pool)
[/color][/size]

Ok, if KoRn splits thats ganna suck, and I'm not here to bash christian rock bands, But almost every christian rock band sounds the same, the same cookie cutter lyrics. even if they are different the message is the same, "God is good, God is great" though maybe thats just my general bias to christianinty, because I really don't like being told I'm going to go to hell for not beleaving in your God. I know not all cristians are like that, but you tend to remember the bad experiances and not the good ones.

[QUOTE=ShadO MagE]Ok, if KoRn splits thats ganna suck, and I'm not here to bash christian rock bands,
[/QUOTE]
Yes you are... If you weren't, you would have stopped after this sentence.

[QUOTE=ShadO MagE]
But almost every christian rock band sounds the same, the same cookie cutter lyrics. even if they are different the message is the same, "God is good, God is great" though maybe thats just my general bias to christianinty, .[/QUOTE]
I never knew you had such an incredible insight into Christian music! Your categorical stereotyping of the entire genre is wonderfully done. You did happen to capture a major theme in Christian music: Christ (god). Go figure. I guess that would be me saying "all rap is the same, you know? 'money, pimps, hos'". How about punk? 'Let's fight the system! Anarchy in the UK!" Why not Jazz? Let's reduce jazz to some base, primary elements! Jazz is basically a non-melody... it's playing the harmony to a subjective melody that can easily be heard by whoever listens to jazz. But that's not all jazz is, right? I'm sure Ella Fitzgerald would agree there?s a bit more to it.

[QUOTE=ShadO MagE]
because I really don't like being told I'm going to go to hell for not beleaving in your God. I know not all cristians are like that, but you tend to remember the bad experiances and not the good ones.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the only person racking his brain over "hell" is you. Being a Christian, I'm pretty focused on how I live my life here on earth. Because... well if God put me here, I bet there's a reason why. If you actually took the time to listen to some Christian music, maybe you'd understand this as well.

As for KoRn, I'm not much of a fan of their music. I did respect a somewhat unique sound. I respect the lead's decision to pursue religious-inspired music. I admire that. He's going to go through many trials and take a lot of hell from former fans, just to make the right choice. A social martyr. I respect that.

Ok, what i said really didn't come out how i ment it. I really didn't mean to degrade there music, and just to let you know I have listened to it. I said the lyrics sound the same, not the music. I know theres many different kinds. And being told I'm going to hell, I had 4 or 5 people tell em that in about a week. Most were worried about my soul. But one was laughing, He said "Fine when your down in hell, I'll be up in heaven laughing at your suffering, because your wrong." I don't know why but that just seemed to bother me a tad.

Edit: and I never said to have great insight to christian music, I just ment all the lyrics sound the same to me. And sorry if i offended any one with my first post.