OtakuBoards

How do I overcome my fear?

Lotus

I will take the driving test soon, this is not my first time. I past the written (the law part) test, but I fail on the driving. Each time i turn on the engine, I get nervous and forget everything I learned about driving. I held the steering wheel tight and afraid to step on the gas pedal. I almost crash last during pratice. How do I overcome my fear of driving?

[color=deeppink]Eh, hm...that's a hard one >_<

I for one was never afraid of driving...I'd like to think that more people are scared OF my driving...because I speed and take risks and like to race random cars...

But uh, anyway, you just have to not think about it. Just drive. Forget that you have a fear. Tell yourself that everything is ok, because it is :) Believe me, it's all in your head.[/color]

I still have a fear of driving... I try to avoid it I can....

But I passed the test perfectly.... just stay calm, breathe in and out... go slow.... thats what I did.... i went about 5 miles under the speed limit (I had a road course... like a real road)... just make your turns smoothly... and listen to the instructor....

Even if you do pass your test.... be careful out on the roads.... you are still likely, if not more likely, to be nervous there..... or just pissed off at people driving Minivans who don't turn right on red!... uhhh nevermind that..... but yeah..... just be calm... breath in and out... you'll do fine.