OtakuBoards

The Sketch Show

Manic Webb

Recently, FOX premiered [i]Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show[/i]. For those of you who don't know, it's a remake of [i]The Sketch Show[/i], which aired a couple of years ago in the UK. Grammer's is pretty much a word-for-word direct adaptation with American actors (and Lee Mack from the original).

I hear it's nowhere near as funny as the original, but people who say that have already seen these jokes before. Having never seen the original (or hearing of it until after I saw the first episode), I thought it was hilarious, and a good change for FOX's Sunday night lineup. Did you know they [i]still[/i] don't have a replacement for [i]X-Files[/i]' old time slot? The 9-10pm slot has been in flux for years.

My only real complaint is that FOX is probably going to cancel it before the month is through. Also, remakes of BBC shows tend to fail in the US. Anyone remember the American versions of [i]Coupling, Red Dwarf[/i], or [i]Fawlty Towers[/i]?

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ussually when they remake a show in America, it just isn't as funny. Although i suppose if you hadn't seen the original, it would be alright, but then in that case (depending on the show) i would jst recomment seeing the original.
Case in point: The Office. It's a great series, but from what i've seen in commercials, it probably woun't be good over here (america). Personally, i think the british accent adds so much to the commedy.[/COLOR]

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkRed']Case in point: The Office. It's a great series, but from what i've seen in commercials, it probably woun't be good over here (america). Personally, i think the british accent adds so much to the commedy.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkGreen]Ya the only reason that i would consider watching that show is for the guy from anchorman, MAN is he hilarious

I DONT KNOW WHY WERE YELLING!!!! (he he)[/COLOR][/FONT]