OtakuBoards

Less Than Hero [PG] Scorp Corp take heed!

Raiyuu

[color=Red][size=1]I didn't think it would ever happen, but I decided to make a leap onto the back of the bandwagon and do an OB fanfic. The fact that [i]The Incredibles[/i] is out on DVD tomorrow inspired me to write something superhero-orientated, and with a lack of any specific inspiration, I hit on the idea of using OB as a launchpad.

I haven't written anything down on paper or screen yet, because I wanted to get some feedback on a couple of things first.

The first thing is the premise: it's like a typical Marvel or DC comic world setting, so in Otaku City most residents have super powers of one kind or another and so there are always little battles and skirmishes going on between heroes and villains, like the sequence at the beginning of [i]The Incredibles[/i] where Mr Incredible goes on a long chain of super-rescues and villain-foilings. I thought that this could give me scope for tailoring OB members' superpowers to their personalities, although whether I get them anywhere near accurate will be another matter entirely...

The basic plot would be that the main character stumbles upon a plot to take over Otaku City (the evil plan of every single Batman villain EVER is to take over the city, heh) and ends up on the run, framed for some kind of crime by the big evil organisation behind it all. Which brings me to my second point...

I've noticed the Scorpion Corporation appearing in a fair few people's signatures recently, and I can't help thinking that 'Scorpion Corporation' is a fantastic name for a comic-style evil organisation. As it's really in existence, it gives a nice link between the fic and reality, as well as giving me a base of members to use as bad guys. Before I used the idea, I just wanted to okay it with the Scorp Corp members - do any of you guys object to me portraying you as an evil, insidious group trying to take over OtakuBoards from the inside?

Feedback and criticism is, as always, very welcome. Don't hold back, I can take it.
[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]Well, I'm a mod on Scorp Corp and I for one can say that I'd love to be a part of the evil group in your story, heh heh.

I actually thought to myself that Scorpion Corporation sounded like some underground drug gang or something when I first joined.

I like the idea of this all together; I look forward to seeing the actual story when you bring it out.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah, an OB Fanfic on super heroes, with Scorp Corp as the villains? How could I object to such a proposal. I find this idea excellent Blackjack, and I love it. Of course, this would give ([i]the now dead[/i]) Scorp Corp some publicity.

Evil geniuses beant on taking over Otaku City from the inside? Dmn, you should be a comic book writer. If you can draw all the better!

Heh. Good job Blackjack and I hope to see the real thread up soon.[/COLOR]

[color=DarkRed][quote name='Treno']Dmn, you should be a comic book writer.[/quote] [color=Red][size=1]I am one, lol. [url="http://rapturecomic.keenspace.com"]Check it out.[/url] I'm afraid I can't draw to save my life, but I try and get involved any way I can :animesmil

Good to see none of you Scorps are offended by the whole 'evil' thing - I didn't think anyone would be, but I thought I'd better check before taking the plunge. I should have the first installment of this up fairly soon, once I've got my head around exactly what's going to happen in it...
[/size][/color][/color]

[SIZE=1]Sounds like a completely awesome idea. But I think a thicker plot might be necessary to make this a winner. Maybe Scorp Corp wants to take over Otaku City, and the main character gets sucked into the Corp, and has to fight their way out. Not sure... just something a little more substantial than the classic good vs evil battle. The framing part is good.

I think I registered on Scorp Corp, and posted in the art forum once. I guess I didn't return since no one else did. But it definetly was a super-cool board, and sure as h*ll would make an awesome gang.

SCORP CORP 4 LYPHE! *throws up gang sign* And in case you haven't noticed, I want to be in the fanfic for the [B]evil[/B] side. Join us, and you will be more powerful than you have ever imagined...[/starwars rip off][/SIZE]

[color=deeppink][size=1]This idea sounds like it has a lot of potential, especially for hilarity. My suggestion would be to seek out the particular members you're planning on making a part of the fanfic, see what their reaction is, and get maybe a general idea of how they'd like to be portrayed in the story. It's a great way to get feedback and also new ideas.

Hope I see this come to fruitation soon. ^-^

-Karma[/size][/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Me? An evil overlord or ultimate doom? Perish the thought...I mean, just because I'm the Unborn Lord, have an organization known as the Silver Sadists, take pleasure in the pain and misery of others, own various weapons, wear a lot of black, play violent video games almost constantly, and am a self proclamed evil, heartless bastard...

Did I have a point? Hmm...guess I am comic book villain material. Well, as long as I have a harem and powers of Doom, sign me up!

-ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]From a non-Scorp-Corp point of view, I also find this idea amusing...and we always need more OB parodies...considering I was never around to read any of the others (Gavin's Groupies excluded) when they were first written.

I like this idea. Hope to see it soon...*cough*providedIgetacameo*cough*[/COLOR]

[color=Navy]As a Scorpion Corp. member, I think it's a good idea and I'm interested in being in on it.

Although I think I need a crash course on being a villain because I've never played as one before. I'll be the 'Villain that isn't a villain' in the team.

But yeah, I'm up for it.

~Sakura
[/color]

[font=garamond][color=darkred]This all sounds very amusing and tickles me deeply, I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with Blackjack. I've been waiting for the right comic-esque RPG to sink some teeth into.

Being a Scorpion Corp member, I think I can muster up a smidge of evil for you.

Keep the ideas flowing and keep us posted![/color][/font]

[color=Red][size=1]Okay, the first part of Less Than Hero is now up [thread=46310]here[/thread]. I hope everyone enjoys the story, and I'll do my best to get everyone that's posted in this thread into the action. Thanks everyone for showing enough interest to actually make me write it![/size][/color]

Gah, boring holidays with boring parents can be so incredibly boring. And it made me miss this... Damn.

Well I liked the idea, and if the rest of the story's like the first part - congratz in advance. I know you wanted some more good guys in this, but if you [I]could[/I] get me in I'd be very, very grateful. Very.

So, yeah. Who wouldn't want to be depicted as an evil super-villain bent on taking over the world?

Umm..... don't answer that....