Noooo! Blink 182 splitting up?

duoikari

Which ones your favourate?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones your favourate?

• Mark Hoppus
    • Tom Delonge
    • Travis Baker

Hey everone i'm back!! (people run out forum) oh, well... Any way i wanted to talk about my boys, how could blink 182 split up Noooooooooooooo!!!!! :animeangr (Look at signed picture of blink on wall) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!, whya did they do this if anyone has a sane reason why they should of quit then please tell me it now!! :animecry:

Plus who's your favourate and Why?
'Mark i love you!!'

[QUOTE=duoikari]Hey everone i'm back!! (people run out forum) oh, well... Any way i wanted to talk about my boys, how could blink 182 split up Noooooooooooooo!!!!! :animeangr (Look at signed picture of blink on wall) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!, whya did they do this if anyone has a sane reason why they should of quit then please tell me it now!! :animecry:

Plus who's your favourate and Why?
'Mark i love you!!'[/QUOTE]

I heard that they were mis quoted and that they are not splitting up, unless they just decided to really split up. They are just on a long break, thats wat blink said :animesmil

They haven't broken up; they're on sabatical for at least a year. You have to keep in mind that these guys have been touring and producing almost continuously for a decade, and they've been neglecting their personal lives to do so. They're all married with children, so it's only natural that they'd want to spend time with their families.

They haven't decided what they're going to do in regards to the future of their band, but I highly doubt they're through. At least, I hope they're not; their last album was excellent, and I wanted another in that vein.

Oh, yer what about Greenday and Ozzy Osborne they all have families but they still keep up their showbiz life :animecry: , take Mr manson for insteads he going to get married but he still keeping his career going.

And they have slit up, i have the Kerrang issue with it saying that they have gone a 'Highatis' or sometime and there is no signs of them ever working together again. It a good thing i went to see them when they played at wembley otherwise i'd have never seen them again. Also if you go on their website it says that have slit up

[quote name='duoikari']Oh, yer what about Greenday and Ozzy Osborne they all have families but they still keep up their showbiz life :animecry: , take Mr manson for insteads he going to get married but he still keeping his career going.[/quote]

The decision to balance a career and a family is always a difficult one, and the circumstances are different in each case. I think Blink is doing their family a favor by dropping out of the limelight for the time-being, instead of turning them into a circus like Ozzy Osborn did.

You can argue about whether or not their decision was valid or not all you want, but it still won't change anything. They apparently felt their careers were overwhelming their responsibilities to their families, and that's all there is to it.

[QUOTE]And they have slit up, i have the Kerrang issue with it saying that they have gone a 'Highatis' or sometime and there is no signs of them ever working together again. It a good thing i went to see them when they played at wembley otherwise i'd have never seen them again. Also if you go on their website it says that have slit up[/QUOTE]

A "hiatis" is a break; they've "split up" because they're going back to their respective homes and won't be working together for the time being. If they were breaking up, they would have used that phrase. ("Breaking up.)

Are there signs that they won't be working together ever again? They don't have any projects currently; that's it. Again, I highly doubt that they won't get back together, simply because it's very profitable.

And can you direct me to where on their site it said they'd "split up"? I couldn't find it.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I was scrolling through the channels while on the phone with a friend the day MTV announced their "break up". She screamed at me to switch over, and I saw they were doing what looked like a collection piece; they reviewed everything the band had done. In the last frame, they put:

[center]"Blink 182
1990-2005"[/center]

I got a bit upset. After all, Blink is one of my favorite bands and I enjoy their music a lot. But I wasn't so sure they were really disbanding; I normally ignore everything said on MTV because most of it is rumors and gossip blown [i]way[/i] out of proportion. I haven't read much up on it, however. I'm not the type who would. But I still think they'll return after their (much deserved) hiatus.

"Damn you, MTV!"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm [b]not[/b] a fan of Blink 182, and I have to admit I wasn't really bothered with them going on their [b][u]BREAK[/u][/b] and wasn't really phased by the rumours and the gossip.

They were meant to be attending a gig in support of the Tsunami relief fund, them a some more lesser known bands. So once the venue got the call they weren't appearing because of personal matters it was all over hte place that they had split up. This was wrong. But people got scared, their website down and no word from the band just got to people.

But then they spoke, they were going on an 'indefinite hiatus' for the time being. MTV, Kitty, I don't know why they were saying their 'dead' because I can believe they are far from it. They have worked hard, and must be good to the people who enjoy them, and I would [b]hate[/b] for such a good quality group to disappear.

But my views, give them a year or two, and they'll be back on the band wagon.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Princess_Keiko']ah..I wouldn't worry about the whole split up thing too much, they'll probably join back together when they realize they're not making enough money or something[/quote]

Yeah, I think so too..
If their seperate project should fail, they're bound to get together again for the publicity. A few (not so great) groups have already done this. (i.e. Spice Girls, even if it was just one song ^^')

-Sanada

[quote name='Lightwing']Even though I am a guy, I choose Mark. But I'm not gay. He is my favorite one. And duoikari you love Mark but not as much as me right??[/quote]

I love mark more then you babe, but what was the video that they have brought out and was it on America Tv, if so then we would get it that bit later like the Rammstein Video(Which i still haven't seen :animecry: )

[QUOTE=-tiGz-]old news.
But Blink are one of my favourite bands ever! I'm glad i got to see them live. I saw them at the last Manchester gig! Tom is my favourite, so sexxay hehe! I love them, and there songs![/QUOTE]

no way that is so cool, when i went on the blink 182 english website it said that most people went to the manchester gig. And i know this is old news but i haven't been on the boards in a while and was stuck about things to tal about.

Hey what's everyone's favourate song and video. My favourate video would have to be all the small things and the song would be adam's song or violence. I made a really wicked music video of that song mixed with evangelion. It's the best one i have evr made, but because i have dial up, i can put it on any sites becuase it's too big :animecry:

[quote name='-tiGz-']Well, maybe. They did take a break and actually get back together before.[/quote]

Let us all hope for the best, but now i haven't got any favourate band any more :animecry:, sure Blink 182 will always be my all time favourite but they won't be making ablums for a long time, so what will be my new band. What's a girl to do :animecry:

[quote name='duoikari']I love mark more then you babe, but what was the video that they have brought out and was it on America Tv, if so then we would get it that bit later like the Rammstein Video(Which i still haven't seen :animecry: )[/quote]
:animecry: :animecry:

[quote name='Lightwing']:animecry: :animecry:[/quote]

Don't cry babe, but mark is so cute and funny and has the seetest smile (look at pic of Blink on the wall) i'm sorry ever snice i see them at concert i been i love with him. Well it was before the concert anyway, hey has anyone else been to their concerts america or england which ever it doesn't matter

[quote name='duoikari']Don't cry babe, but mark is so cute and funny and has the seetest smile (look at pic of Blink on the wall) i'm sorry ever snice i see them at concert i been i love with him. Well it was before the concert anyway, hey has anyone else been to their concerts america or england which ever it doesn't matter[/quote]
Oh, ok. I'm ok now that I know you still love me. :animesmil