OtakuBoards

- Reincarnated Myths - [M-LSV]

Redemption

[COLOR=Navy][COLOR=Black]"That good enough for you?"[/COLOR] Julie stared, midly awed.

[I][B]Now, that's cool...why couldn't you have had powers like that?[/B][/I]

[COLOR=DarkRed]We can't all be snow queens, picky...I didn't hear any complaining when I got you through precalc with an A...[/COLOR]

[I][B]I wanted an A+...[/B][/I]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh, come now. Perfection is boring...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][i]As much as I hate to break up this witty banter...[/i][/COLOR] A cold voice brushed into Julie's thoughts...[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][i]We went to the trouble of freezing that to cause your diversion, remember?[/i][/COLOR] Julie nodded at the goddess.

[B]"My apologies. Come on." [/B] While the librarians were busy trying to control the haywire air conditioner, Juli and Mia snuck back towards the closed stacks. There was a security gaurd, but he was absolutly no problem...no problem at [i]all[/i]...

[B]"Hello there..." [/B] Julie smiled at the security gaurd, focusing on looking sweet and innocent. [B]"How are you today?" [/B] The gaurd just frowned.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Julie, I don't think he speaks English...[/COLOR]

[I][B]That's becoming quite clear, thank you...[/B][/I] Her Japanese wasn't that good...but it was passable. She repeated her last sentence.

[B]"I am very good today. Why are you here without a librarian?"[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Stuffed shirt...wee, fun...[/COLOR]

[B]"[I came to see you...]"[/B] She sidled up to him, reaching for his hand (and his keys). To her annoyance, he back away, putting a hand on his walkie talkie.

[B]"[I'm sorry, I'm on duty.]"[/B] Julie ignored Mia and Hedylogos snickering, and narrowed her eyes.

[B]"[Fine. Be that way...] Meli Glossa..." [/B] The gaurd's eyes glazed. [B]"[May I have your keys, please?]" [/B] The gaurd handed them over. [B]"[Thank you.]"[/B] She unlocked the door, and stalked inside. If anything, there were [I]more [/I]books in here than in the open stacks. She sighed.

[B]"This is going to be fun..."[/B][/COLOR]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#FF3366][b]OOC: Nice initiative everyone. And Kiba_The_Chosen, nice to see you did it the unconventional way :) And excellent work Ozy and Lyuann.[/b]

Ebony sat at her desk in her room, flicking through any of the books her father had stored in their library about Greece and mythology. So far nothing had come up.
[COLOR=Navy][b]Anything?[/b][/COLOR]
" Nope."

" EBONY!" came the voice of Ryan from downstairs.
" Coming!"

Ebony raced downstairs. Arcaine and Alex stood at her door.
" Come in guys," Ebony said and they went up to her room. Arcaine sat down on her bed, looking around while Alex confronted Ebony.

" We've a heap of information on the monsters that we might be facing in the future," he said, handing Ebony the five sheets of A4 paper. Ebony's eyes almost fell out of their sockets.

" There's so many! And all of them look really strong. Artemis, I feel like something bad is going to happen. And I mean really bad!" Ebony said.
[COLOR=Navy][b]" That's not good. Anyway, good job Alex, Arcaine. I haven't encountered any of these personally but I'm sure this information will help."[/b][/COLOR]

" So what do we do now?" Alex asked.
" You'll have to continue living as normal. But keep a look out for anything suspicious. If you find anything like that, text message me on my mobile," Ebony said as she gave Alex her number. " Message me with the words "God" and then the location. I'm sure thi will work out ok."
" Sure," Alex said.
[COLOR=Navy][b]" Nice to see you again Ares,"[/b][/COLOR] Artemis said as they left.
" Good to see you too Artemis," the war god said as his reincarnate left.

Ebony turned to see Arcaine on her bed. She crawled onto it with him. He looked at her curiously. Ebony looked back.
" What?" he asked
" Nothing," she replied.
" What Ebony?"
" You... just remind me of someone I knew when I was younger...."
" Like who?"
" Oh.... I had another brother when I was smaller. A twin brother. Dad said he died from the same disease my mother died from."
" Oh..."

They sat there in silence for a while before Nathaniel's voice shattered it.
" Ebony! Could I talk to your friend for a second?"
Ebony looked at Arcaine who shrugged. " Um....ok."

Nathaniel entered the room and Ebony exited. Nathaniel sat down on her desk chair and looke sternly at Arcaine, who looked sternly back.
" So your name is Arcaine?" Nathaniel started.
" So?" Arcaine replied.
" I suppose my daughter Ebony has told you she had a twin brother when she was younger?"
" If she did?"
" Look, I don't like to be talked to like I don't know anything Arcaine. I treat my children like adults. I will treat you with the same courtesy."
Arcaine sighed. " What do you want to talk about?"
" For one thing, I know you are adopted. Secondly, I know you don't know anything about your real family."

Arcaine looked at Nathaniel shocked. " How do you know all this?"
Nathaniel laughed. " Ebony. She likes to talk to me about things that happen."
Arcaine looked thoroughly unamused. " That's my business to tell, not hers."
" Ah, but there's the catch. It is her business too."
" Huh?"
" You look so much like her Arcaine. You and Ebony. Like your mother. Her blonde hair was so beautiful, almost like a goddess. You two have none of my physical traits."
" What are you talking about?"
" She told you she had a twin brother no?"
" Yeah..."
" And your birthday is on the 25 of January yes?"
" Yeah..."
" And you are in the third last year of high-school?"
" Yeah..."
" Ebony was born on the 25th of January, and is in her third last year of high-school."

Arcaine sat there stunned as all of this ran through his head. Nathaniel sat back, twirling a pen in his fingers.

[center]*********************[/center]

[b]OOC: Tag Kairi. I need your reply asap![/b][/COLOR][/FONT]

"This is going to be fun."
"That's what you think..."
Mia walked around and heard Julie curse.
"There are a million books here!"
"That's the point Juli, It's a liberary."
"Smartass."
"Better than a dumb one."
Julie rolled her eyes and continued searching for the book. She was reaching up to pull one from the shelf when she heard Mia yell from the back of the room.
"I think I found something, come here."
"Coming!"
Julie ran to her side and was greeted with a cheeky smile from Mia.
"Really?"
Julie blinked and frowned as the meaning dawned on her.
"That's sick."
Mia chuckled and shook her head. She turned and looked at the shelf she had found reading the large gold print on top.
"Artifact and old history section. You think this could be it?"
"As if it wasn't so obvious."
"You know, society hates a smartass."
"Speak for yourself."
"Hey, they like my quick wit and good looks."
"Like you have wit."
"You know, you need to loosen up alittle, tone it down a bit and have some fun."
"And your the one who was pacing for some action..."
"Well, I'm in a good mood now so whatever."
Julie shook her head and told Mia to start at one end and she'd start on the other and they would meet in the middle.
"How?"
"What do you mean 'how'? You start there, I start here, we meet in the middle."
"There are two sides to the shelf."
"Fine you take the back I take the fromt."
Good."
They split and began to work on finding the book they were looking for. Mia smiled, she like Julie, she was the only one so far who could come back at her with quick remarks like her.
"This is gonna be fun."

A little bit of Mia's true nature there. :catgirl:

[COLOR=Indigo]Carmen stood beside Brandon outside the office building for Panzer Weaponry.

[B]"You ever see what rats do before ships sink?"[/B] Brandon looked over at her, a confused look on his face.

[COLOR=Black][B]"Ok, what does that have to do with getting in there?"[/B][/COLOR] Carmen sighed, rolling her eyes.

[B]"You're not very bright, are you?"[/B] Iris shook her head at Carmen.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][I]I know it goes against your nature, and mine, but right now you need to stop insulting him and tell him your plan.[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]Sorry.[/I][/B]

[B]"I'm going to make illusions of flames okay? In all the confusion that they cause, do you think that you could get in there and get information on clients that are going to be meeting with the president in the future?"[/B] Carmen pulled a paper out of her pocket and looked at it. [B]"They should be in a filing cabinet inside of a Ms. Hoshi's office, you go in the main door and directly to the right."[/B] She looked again at her paper. [B]"We basically need stuff like background checks, tapes of phone conversations, biographys, pictures... meeting dates...."[/B] Carmen looked over at Brandon. [B]"You can get those, right?"[/B] Brandon nodded.

[COLOR=Black][B]"Should be a piece of cake. Why?"[/B][/COLOR] Carmen answered him as she transformed,

[B]"Just do it, I'll explain later when we're not so busy."[/B] She finished transforming and Carmen/Iris stood there. She looked at the building which her illusion would be focused on.

[B][I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"Apa[/COLOR]ti!"[/I][/B] Flames seemed to flicker in and around the whole building and the acrid smell of smoke filled the air as the workers inside the building fled to the outside. Carmen/Iris looked over at Brandon.

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"Go, while there's[/COLOR] no one inside."[/B] They watched as he hurried inside the building.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][I]Congratulations... you got lucky, Hecate didn't feel like talking aparently.[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]That's good? [/I] [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]OOC: Tag LKB.[/COLOR]

Brandon slipped by the mass of people escaping the building.

[B]'Hehe, that was easy.'[/B] he thought, making his way to the office marked 'Mr. Hoshi'. It was well kept, everything organized and in it's place.

[I]'Maybe too easy, be careful.'[/I] Hecate said.

Brandon pulled a small knife out of his back pocket and popped the lock on one of the filing cabinets.

'Right.' he said, as he began going through the files.

A few minutes later, he had all the files that he could carry and then some.

'So, what do you think?' he said, 'Things are gonna be suspicious if there's no damage from that fire out there.'

[I]'True enough.'[/I] Hecate agreed.

Brandon walked out into the hall, facing the closed front doors.

'Hehe, time to blow this place.' he said, 'Damned!'

The front door of the building blew off their hinges, accompanied by a gout of flame. Backdraft, is what they'd call it.

Convenient excuse, that.

[COLOR=DimGray]Nick turned off his computer and blocked all connections to his little hacking session. ?Deimos did you say that you could revive the head??
?No not exactly. I need the proper items to revive her.?
?Whatever items you need Deimos, Nick is getting.? Micheal said laying on Nick?s bed.
?Well for one I need some of the hydras venom from back when to dissolve the cursed rock.?
?So then we will need to get an extra set of venom for you.?
?Actually the Hydra are extinct.? Persephone started to say. ?They were extinct right when our powers died and were reincarnated.?
?Wait Persephone. If all of the hydra died then shouldn?t they be in the underworld?? Nick asked.
?Well?technically yes.? Persephone answered.
?Well then it is set. I will get to stay here and get to sleep while you go out and get that venom Nicholas.?
?What? Who said I would get the venom? And the first name thing, we?re not exactly friends here you know.?
?Well we have to work together that makes us allies. So I can call you what ever the hell I want.?
?Alright.? The phone rang by Nick?s desk and he picked it up. ?Nick Remos speaking.?
?Nick I need you to bring what ever you have to my house right away.? It was Ebony.
?Ok. But please tell me you are going to switch around teams. I can?t take orders from people who are younger than me.?
?YOUNGER. YOU TWIT! I practically risked a life of decency on that trip to the museum and you insult me! Some teammate you turned out to be!?
?Ok see you here in twenty minutes. Good bye Nick.?
?Good bye Ebony.? Nick hung up the phone. ?Now as for you pipsqueak, I will make the rules around here.?
?Pipsqueak? How dare you call me that. I am the great Michealina.?
?And I am the reincarnate of Deimos now get in gear and grab all those papers printing. These are the files I stole from the museum. Honestly I think I got close to hacking into the military.?
?Ok ok.? Michealina walked over to the printer and grabbed the twenty pages. ?I have all of them are we ready??
?Not quite yet. I still have to go to class you know. It is a fifteen minute class. I can get to Ebony?s in a small five.?
?Oh it doesn?t sound like a class. It sounds more like a detention.?
?What?? Nick looked down depressed that the little pipsqueak mentioned his detention. ?Alright so it is a detention. But just in case I?ll have Deimos stay here to watch you two. That way you little pipsqueak don?t mess around with anything.?
?I really don?t like being called a pipsqueak.? She muttered.
?Well I don?t like to have uninvited guests.? Nick turned around and set his sword in the casing again. Finally he headed to room 214 to serve his detention. *Why do I get placed with the pipsqueak and get bugged. I mean sure we are teammates but I have to get placed with the most annoying brat. Order me around will you. I will show you. Obnoxious or not I will have to show her a lesson after I get out of here.*
?Nicholas Remos! What is the meaning of talking in class. I have never seen such ignorance of you. If you would please tell me what happned??
?If I told you you wouldn?t believe me.?
?Go on try me.?
?Alright to make a long story short I am the reincarnation of Deimos god of fear. I found other reincarnates of different gods and we are out to wait and destroy any evil that comes upon us.?
??ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Nick that is the lamest excuse ever. Just don?t let me catch you talking in class again.?
?Yes sir.? Nick walked out of the room and towards his dorm. He could see his light was on for it was getting late. ?I forgot it was already sundown when I went to detention.? Nick walked through the door to find Michealina rummaging through every cabinet and every file. ?Ahem.? Michealina turned.
?Oh Nick your uhhh back. I was just-?
?Just looking through all personal things. I really don?t appreciate that. Come on let?s go to Ebony?s.? They ran outside and got in the car. In no time they were outside Ebony?s front door.[/COLOR]

OOC: Alright Michealina is now officially pipsqueak to Nick. Lol. Just making a bit of a story line.