OtakuBoards

Anime dreams/ambitions

Silent Whispers

[color=purple]I wish now i lived Texas! Well anyway anime dreams can be great if they really existed.[/color]
[color=purple]Well I would do anything to work for them.:animecry: [/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]Silent Whispers[/color]

I've always wanted to be a voice over artist also. A friend of mine's room mate is one of the voice over people for Miami Guns [I think thats what its called....Almost Positive]. I think That it would be so amazing to watch one of your favorite animes and hear your own voice.

[quote name='Dagger']My "dream" is pretty materialistic, haha. I would like to eventually start buying R2s, but that requires getting a decent R2 or all-region player...[/quote]
Well, I recently fulfilled that particular dream.

Contrary to my plans, the first thing I ended up buying was the limited edition version of AIR volume 1. (Then again, the WMT box sets are R3 anyway, which slightly alters the situation.) I saw it in some tiny store and realized it would be difficult, if not impossible, to locate it online... plus, the price was surprisingly decent (approximately 40 USD). This led to a kind of avalanche reaction in which I pre-ordered pretty much all of the remaining AIR DVDs--which is going to be a little devastating to my wallet when they actually ship. I guess the lesson here is to be careful what you wish for, or something to that effect. :animesmil

~Dagger~

I guess my dream would be to write my own anime and have it be one of the best out there. And fortunately I am getting closer and closer to getting that accomplished, hopefully I can convince some companies in Japan to air it and animate since I have no talent for drawing whatsoever. Oh Two Moons, on the subject of money in the anime business that would also depend on where you go to voice over. If you do it here in America I doubt you would make as much if you did it in Japan. Just a thought.

[color=purple]hey you all know what,[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]when i am really bored i really like to pretend to put my voice over my[/color]
[color=purple]my favorite characters! its really fun you guys should try it!:p [/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]

[QUOTE=shippolover321]hey that sounds coll
ill try it[/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, shippolover321. Please be aware that OB has a certain quality standard with regards to posts, specifically in terms of length and presentation (i.e. spelling, punctuation and grammar). Please try and add as much detail as you can and make sure to check your post for errors as far as you're able. Anything that's of too poor a quality will be deleted as spam.[/COLOR]

Guest DarkAngel Blaze
[quote name='Kamuro']Well, I've always wanted to create my own anime and have it shown on TV or have some kind of exposure. I draw now, all the time, and most people think they're pretty good. I'd put them on here but I'm having trouble with my scanner. Anyway, I enjoy drawing for fun, so I assume I would enjoy drawing for money.[/quote]

what kind af scanner do you have? what are your characters?

[color=purple]Well i guess it also really depends on how you want to show off your anime.[/color]
[color=purple]Also the way you wish to go.....[/color]
[color=purple]That is something to think about you know....[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]Where Would You Like To Go?[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]*kinda a hard question isnt it.....*:animeswea [/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]

[quote name='Vampire_Miyu285']my dream is that the One Piece and Naurto voice overs aren't/shouldn't be crappy!!! the voice overs on One Piece sux :animeangr[/quote]

[color=purple]Do you really think so? I kinda find the voices kinda funny! But everyone [/color]
[color=purple]has their own opinion.......[/color]
[color=purple]But one thing i really wanted 2 do would be, to do the voice over Natsumi Hinata from[/color]
[color=purple]SGT.Frog. Thats what i would really enjoy doing!:catgirl: [/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple][/color]

• 3 months later...
[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1]^ I'm with you on that. Only money can fulfill our wildest anime dreams! ^^

I do not wish to become a voice actor because the slightest strain in my voice can make me lose it for a week. What I really want to do though is to direct an opening/ending sequence in some adventure/ fantasy anime. It's the part that watchers see the most, yeah? I wanna make something like GITS:SAC 2nd gig's opening, something that'll give the audience an adrenaline rush everytime they see it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

My dream is to be a reviewer of anime, and actually make some sort of money off of it(or at least get the anime I have to review for free :animesmil ). I really like to review things (for some reason, I have no clue why) and I have wrote hundreds of reviews broken between games and anime. For me it is fun to break down anime, and examine it to it's core.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Killer7']My dream is to be a reviewer of anime, and actually make some sort of money off of it(or at least get the anime I have to review for free :animesmil ). I really like to review things (for some reason, I have no clue why) and I have wrote hundreds of reviews broken between games and anime. For me it is fun to break down anime, and examine it to it's core.[/quote]
OOOOOHHHHH Reviewing is good, I never thought of that...i guess there are many jobs involving anime that I am not aware of yet *smile* ^0^ :animeswea :p But i wish they would build an anime company here in Colorado, its so lonely here...:animesigh I would greatly travel to Denver to do voice-overs but sadly, there isnt one here, IM MOVING TO TEXAS!!!!!

Well my dream is to develop Dragonball Z video games and i thought this might be anime related because it does have to do with Dragonball Z. I have another dream, to meet Akira Toriyama face to face and just hang out with him for a while.

Well, I have a couple of dreams....

One is to go work with my best friend, who is an AWESOME Anime Artist, at TokyoPop Magazine as the storyboard writer to her drawings that she does. You should see some of the stuff we do over AIM! :catgirl: Nya!

And of course, my other dream is to be a VOA for any type of Anime. Doesn't really matter which one, just as long as I'm in one....

Well since writing has always been one of my strongest points, naturally anime has had (and still has) a giant influence on my dreams and goals involving writing. Though it will never happen due to certain circumstances (for one i don't speak japanese and i don't have the money to chance even trying to break into the business), i would love to write original story ideas for new mangas or animes, which in a way i already do but nothing beyond my own personal folder of stories and whatnot.

Another of the biggest things that stops me from being succesful in that category is i'm a terrible artist. I couldn't draw the characters i create for all my stories if i tried (and i have). One of my current goals it to become a writer and director here in the states for whatever (television, movie, etc etc) or if not a director as well, something that has to do with creative writing. The anime industry is a distant dream in that aspect. But i suppose it's worth having all the ideas down on paper in some fashion for my own enjoyment. But revealing them on a large scale and being revered for it into fame and fortune is nice to think about too, lol.

• 1 year later...