OtakuBoards

I Need some Tips

Guest naru chan

Guest naru chan
ok, so i made a few banners, and i need some tips to make them look better

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/celestialessence/Signature21.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/naruchan/SignatureYondaime2.gif[/IMG]
-for a naruto forum-

[COLOR=blue]I think both of them are very nice. Borders are absolutely a must, though, as banners seem so weird without something surrounding them. That's all I recommend adding/changing for the first banner.

As for the second banner, the pictures could be cleaner, and the one in the background could be smoother. It's not a big deal, but that's the only thing I can see improved upon. Border this one as well, IMO.[/COLOR]

[B]First one: [/B]

I love how you blend your colors the yellow and red. I would agree with AzureWolf though. A border would be nice. Maybe make the words a bit clear.

[B]Second one: [/B]

Plain and simple. I like the black and grayish background. Maybe if you add a bit more things to it then it would be great. But it's great with the plain and simple look. Nice animated words.

[SIZE=1]The [b]first one[/b] is too grainy, but that was intentional. It needs a border, and a better font, so that it's easier to read. Cursive can look elegant, yet still legible. This took some decyphering. The background is a little busy for my taste, and it's hard to see what's going on in the upper right.

The [B]second one[/B] was better, but also needs a border. There's way too much empty space, which needs to be taken care of -- either by making it smaller altogether, or just filling it with another image. The typography is just awesome. Props on that.[/SIZE]

The first is definitely to grainy, but it does look good. I like it better then the second. The second is alright, but it seems a bit plain to me. You should think of adding a different picture to it or hyping up the background a bit.