OtakuBoards

What happened? Your views...

Flash

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i]
[B]watever happened to that strict "spamming rule???" ;) :p

indeed, these boards rock! but ubb's did have their good qualities... there were the..... well, the...... umm.... the....... dang, yo! i guess vb's r better! [/B][/QUOTE]
I hate when people think I'm spamming, I'm not, just because I'm one of the top posters here doesn't mean I spam.:mad:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i]
[B]when do you guys think the next attack will arrive??? i'll give it a month... then the fun begins... hehe [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Don't even joke about that, after last time, we take this kind of thing very seriously.

Besides, the last "attack" was based on a weakness in our old software, however, with this new board, we've significantly inreased security levels. The new board also means that we have a better ability to track IPs and to ban people for [i]good[/i], without fear of them returning. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Hooray! Everything's back to normal -

No it's not, it's even better!! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I just deleted the bastard who calls himself Gendo ;) , I did nothing else...

-VEGGETO

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]Don't even joke about that, after last time, we take this kind of thing very seriously.

Besides, the last "attack" was based on a weakness in our old software, however, with this new board, we've significantly inreased security levels. The new board also means that we have a better ability to track IPs and to ban people for [i]good[/i], without fear of them returning. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
YEah, you see john, that's why I am not afraid of gendou, like you told me last night that he's ready yo attack ne time:mad: shows him, otaku will kick any hackers ass, oh if it does happen again, can't you guys call the authorities, you basically have all the proof you need to put him away in jail

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i]
[B]
YEah, you see john, that's why I am not afraid of gendou, like you told me last night that he's ready yo attack ne time:mad: shows him, otaku will kick any hackers ass, oh if it does happen again, can't you guys call the authorities, you basically have all the proof you need to put him away in jail [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Well basically, Otaku Media behaves as a business does. All our sites are designed to make a profit, that profit is used to pay for new sites and new content for visitors, as Adam and myself don't actually keep any of the money.

Tampering with our sites basically means that you're tampering with a business enterprise, which is illegal. So pursuing legal charges is always a possible option for us and one that we are continually looking at.

Shinji was the ringleader, Gendo isn't intelligent enough to "hack". It wasn't even "hacking", it was merely an exploitation of a weakness in our software. So basically Gendo is following Shinji around like a puppy...and in my opinion, he should find something more productive to do with his time than spam on message boards.

Also, not only is hacking simply annoying, but it's a serious drain on Otaku Media. You see, for the last few months, Adam and I have been working on a third site for Otaku Media. One which we will announce before the end of the year.

However, when we were forced to completely relaunch OtakuBoards.com, it cost a great deal of time and money. That time and money [i]should[/i] have gone into our new website, but hasn't.

So basically, that has probably forced us to delay our new site slightly. This is what happens when you have a few idiots who decide to fool around; it ruins the fun for everyone else.

However, I wouldn't worry about Shinji and Gendo now. I really don't think that they are intelligent enough to do anything to these boards, as our security is much tighter.

And if anything [i]were[/i] to happen, we would have to consider legal action.[/color]

Guest firemac
[B]

[color=indigo]Well basically, Otaku Media behaves as a business does. All our sites are designed to make a profit, that profit is used to pay for new sites and new content for visitors, as Adam and myself don't actually keep any of the money.

Tampering with our sites basically means that you're tampering with a business enterprise, which is illegal. So pursuing legal charges is always a possible option for us and one that we are continually looking at.

Shinji was the ringleader, Gendo isn't intelligent enough to "hack". It wasn't even "hacking", it was merely an exploitation of a weakness in our software. So basically Gendo is following Shinji around like a puppy...and in my opinion, he should find something more productive to do with his time than spam on message boards.

Also, not only is hacking simply annoying, but it's a serious drain on Otaku Media. You see, for the last few months, Adam and I have been working on a third site for Otaku Media. One which we will announce before the end of the year.

However, when we were forced to completely relaunch OtakuBoards.com, it cost a great deal of time and money. That time and money [i]should[/i] have gone into our new website, but hasn't.

So basically, that has probably forced us to delay our new site slightly. This is what happens when you have a few idiots who decide to fool around; it ruins the fun for everyone else.

However, I wouldn't worry about Shinji and Gendo now. I really don't think that they are intelligent enough to do anything to these boards, as our security is much tighter.

And if anything [i]were[/i] to happen, we would have to consider legal action.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
well said, and you better take legal action, because littel idiots like them should be in jail and leave the internet alone.

[B][code=indigo]Yeah, Shinji is the Grinch of the Internet...

...hmm...[/color][color=red]i-Grinch?[/color]. Ugh, I must have too much time on my hands. lol [/B][/QUOTE]

umm ok lol

Guest firemac
[B]Yeah, Shinji is the Grinch of the Internet...

...hmm...[color=red]i-Grinch?[/color]. Ugh, I must have too much time on my hands. lol [/B][/QUOTE]
haha, i-grinch, now that's funny:D