OtakuBoards

URGENT- please fill out quick survey

Guest tiffanyxii

Cool, i love doing surveys.

Age-17

Gender-Male

From-East coast of America.

I came across anime when i was very young. I was 7 or 8 years old and Salior Moon and DragonBall Z was on tv. I watched those shows alot. Then shows like Pokemon and Digimon came on, and i was instantly hooked. And now i watch all the anime i can get my hands on. :)

Yeah, anime influences me alot i think. I've become more open minded. And because of anime, i no longer watch movies or shows just for the action. I watch them for the story.

It is becoming more popular with the western world because anime is soo freaking cool! Pokemon, Salior Moon, and DragonBall Z helped make anime popular and it will just continue to grow in popularity.

The story attracts me to the anime. If it doesnt have a thought provoking or interesting story, i dont usually watch it.

Yeah, i want to learn about Japan. Japan has such a interesting past and culture. But thats not the top reason why i watch anime.

No, i've never been to Japan. But i would really like to go, someday in the future.

1. Japan has alot of respect for people.
2. Japans culture is deeply rooted in tradition.
3. Japan has been influenced alot by America.

I really hope that helps your paper!! :animesmil

[B]1. Age[/B]:- 17

[B]2. Gender[/B]:- Male

[B]3. Where are u from? (nationality, country)- [/B] Canada Ontario

[B]4. How did u come across anime?[/B]- friends/ Yes
- media /definately
- interest in Japanese culture /Definate Interest
- Other___OB's______________

[B]5. Do you think Anime influences u as a person? Explain[/B]
Anime doesn't exactly 'influence' me, but it does interest and amaze me on some of the anime that is made and how well done it is.

[B]6. Research shows that anime is increasingly popular with the western world. Why do you think this is so?[/B] I dunno...Is that where its created?? lol

[B]7. What attracts you to anime?[/B]
- it?s different
- humour
- appealing medium
- violence
-Other_____________________
[B]Please explain your answer[/B]
I go with all of them because its really unique. Noone makes other cartoons that can look like anime. It's something that just falls into that one category and doesn't go anywhere. It's extremely interesting and graphical. Some anime's are so brutal and bloody(Hellsing) that I can't get my eyes off the screen lol. Akira is a great movie.. I watched that not too long ago and it interested me greatly!

[B]8. Is your interest in Anime, in any way related to an interest in Japan or to learn about Japenese society? [/B] It is definately related to an interest in Japan and their society. I've always wanted to travel to Japan and live there with a friend so we could learn all about their cultures and see how they live. It is sorta my dream in life.

[B]9. Have you taken a Japanese language class or been to Japan?[/B] No but I would love to do both.

[B]10. Have you learned anything about Japanese culture, and if so, give 3 specific examples?[/B] Yes I learned about the Japanese culture from books i read, movies such as The Last Samurai, and more.
I llearned that Japan is 4 huge islands:Kyushu, Shikoku, Honshu, and Hokkaido.
Japanese have some of the best live entertainment.

Well it's past 4-23-05 but if you need the info here it is :animesmil

1. Age:- [COLOR=Green]30 and above[/COLOR]

2. Gender:-[COLOR=DarkGreen]female[/COLOR]

3. Where are u from? (nationality, country) [COLOR=DarkGreen]America[/COLOR]

4. How did u come across anime?
[COLOR=DarkGreen]friends[/COLOR]

5. Do you think Anime influences u as a person? Explain
[COLOR=DarkGreen]no I don't think it influences me, I am more inclined to say it fits my personality[/COLOR]

6. Research shows that anime is increasingly popular with the western world. Why do you think this is so?
[COLOR=DarkGreen]I think alot of people are tired of the same type of stories and shows being show in the western world. Anime is in many ways quite different and that uniquiness is what attracts viewers[/COLOR]

7. What attracts you to anime?
[COLOR=DarkGreen] it?s different[/COLOR]

8. Is your interest in Anime, in any way related to an interest in Japan or to learn about Japenese society?
[COLOR=DarkGreen]no, I've been interested in Japan long before I saw anime, I love their art and gardens and the unique culture. I've been planning to visit Japan long before I became an anime fan[/COLOR]

9. Have you taken a Japanese language class or been to Japan?
[COLOR=DarkGreen]no[/COLOR]

10. Have you learned anything about Japanese culture, and if so, give 3 specific examples?

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I honestly don't know, which is part of why I've always wanted to visit, to learn more about the culture[/COLOR]