OtakuBoards

Pope Benedict XVI

Corey

[SIZE=1][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']But all joking aside I think that in order to survive the church needs to change some of its doctrines and what better place to start then allowing women to give the sacrememnts. Of course I think we'd sooner see married priests than female ones any time soon.[/color][/quote]
I'm just telling you what my teachers said. They won't change. Ever.

They're rules that are made permanently. JP2 said they aren't up for debate, and now they're doctrine. It's just as impossible to change the doctrine that the Virgin Mary had a Virgin delivery. They're not going to change it.

Of course the Catholic Church would rather have priests married than have women be appointed priests. It may sound strange/silly/annoying/stupid, but deal with it (sorry to be blunt).

As previously stated, change faiths if you don't agree. >_> The Catholic Church ain't all that anyway. xD[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]
As previously stated, change faiths if you don't agree. >_> The Catholic Church ain't all that anyway. xD[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I did change faiths. I just think it's dumb that if a woman is good enough to give birth to God's SOn then why isn't she good enough to preside over the rituals made in His name?

People's ideas have to change some time it's a matter of evolution. [/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
People's ideas have to change some time it's a matter of evolution. [/color][/QUOTE]

Agreed. However, some ideas must remain solid, wouldn't you agree? If you don't have core beliefs that don't change, then you really don't have a center.

[quote name='DeathBug']Agreed. However, some ideas must remain solid, wouldn't you agree? If you don't have core beliefs that don't change, then you really don't have a center.[/quote]

But core beliefs should never be stupid and legitimate grounds for a perfectly decent person to hurl a brick at you. Misogyny is unacceptable, plain and simple.

Additionally, any one who can validly be described as "hardcore against women" is not an "okay guy". Unless it's coming from some one who has it in for their mom or something.

As a response to Retribution's comments on a static doctrine, [b]I do not see how it is considered appropriate or lawful to openly condemn and discriminate against women.[/b] If it were a large corporation disallowing women from joining its upper positions, do you honestly think people would accept it? (Not directed at you, specifically, of course.)

[QUOTE=Godelsensei]
Additionally, any one who can validly be described as "hardcore against women" is not an "okay guy". Unless it's coming from some one who has it in for their mom or something.)[/QUOTE]

There's a great difference between saying that women cannot hold a single position based on the religious doctrine and discriminating against women. According to Catholic dogma, a only a man can recieve sacrament because Jesus was a man, and any priests must be able to recieve sacrament.

Granted, I doubt the validity of this practice myself, but I'm not Catholic. I'm just saying that there's a difference between what they do and the scenario you describe.

The Catholic faith is notorious for discriminating against women. The entire gist of the faith is that women are either incapable, unworthy, or evil.
When my dad went to a Catholic school, the girls weren't allowed to be "alter boy-girls". The faith describes the pain experienced during childbirth to be a punishment for eating the forbidden apple. They've accused the lady Mary Magdelaine (I'm unsure of the correct spelling, so bear with me.) of having been a prostitute or simply ignored her, throughout history.

There's a steady pattern of misogyny, if you look into it and consider the implications of many teachings of Catholicism (and religion in general).

Very uncool.

[SIZE=1]You know as a Roman Catholic, and it appears the first Catholic to reply to this thread I must state how insulted I feel in the way you've described my faith and the people who preside over it. Some of you have gone so far as to insinuate that the Catholic Church is nothing more than a misogynistic, racist, out-dated pack of BS, lead by old white guys who hate women and find more ways to upset liberals with their ideals.

At the moment I'm a little to irritated to clearly express my views, so I'll edit this and post more fully.[/SIZE]