OtakuBoards

Which is better:Silent Hill or Resident Evil?

Guest Kagami'sAngel

Guest Kagami'sAngel
Ok so you've heard this question come up before in the video game world...but I want to hear what people on the OtakuBoards think.I'll leave everyone with my responce to this question.

In my opinion I favor Resident Evil more than Silent Hill.I prefer to have a city of zombies or a village full of psychopathic people.I can't take the freaky,unexplained world of Silent Hill.I don't care what other people say...I enjoy a good horror every now and then but Silent Hill is way too complicated.So that's my opinion and I prefer Resident Evil over Silent Hill any day.^_^

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Resident Evil or Silent Hill[/FONT]

Uhmmm its really complicated to choose just one of those two, you see i love Resident Evil since the first one, it was unbelievable good, and i love the type of horror (Zombies, and stuff), but its really not that scary, i enjoy now and then a good jump from my chair and the real panic Silent Hill makes us feel, you never know whats coming up after opening a door, or when you listen all those walks and see nobody close to you :animedepr, Yeah i admit i love those kinda games :animeshy: its really amazing how can SH make you feel claustrophobic or with a lot of terror, one thing i never had with RE but it doesn't mean i don't like the series :animesmil
Sure SH have some wierd stories, but that what makes it more frignethening and interesting, well atleast for me :p
So i love both and i look forward to play the new ones from each serie :animesmil

[COLOR=Indigo]Hmm... lets see...

Resident Evil 4 is NEAR PERFECT.

But as a whole, I'd go with Silent Hill.

Resident Evil: More "Boo", More Action.

Silent Hill: Better story, MUCH crepier. Much more disturbing.

I chose Silent Hill cause it gives me a high sense of ineasiness, I feel imense pressure when playing that game. Something Resident Evil lacks.[/COLOR]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I really had to think about that for a while-lol.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I don't think I could choose between them.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I adore RE, but it [i]is[/i] lacking in the horror ambiance and I definitely consider it to be more akin to an action game than horror. On top of that, the puzzles are just too easy, but I like the storylines much better than Silent Hill.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]On the other hand, although SH has the creepy ambiance going for it, it's lacking in action and you need to be in the right mood to play it (or, at least I do...and "manic" is not good for that). The puzzles can actually be challenging, however, which is an appealing characteristic for someone like me.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]So, it depends on whether I'm in the mood for faster-paced, easier-solved action gaming (with a better storyline), or a creepy, slower-paced, somewhat-challenging gaming experience with a so-so storyline.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Heh...did this post even make any sense? lol *doubts it*[/font][/b]

It really depends what kinda game you're looking for, Although they can both technically fall under the action/horror genre Resident Evil is much more action oriented and most of the real meat of the story takes place is the background, and Resident Evil uses jump scare tactics like Zombies ramdonly jumping out at you through the windows, walls, etc when you least expect it. Whereas Silent Hill is way more story driven with less emphasis on action, Silent Hill also uses much more psychological scare tactics such as using the environment to make you think that something is there and so on. Although both are great series' in their own respects i prefer the deep twisted storytelling of Silent Hill.

[quote name='Xyandar'] They need to make a movie of Silent Hill [/quote]
in regards to that, read this:

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/silenthill4theroom/news_6123131.html[/url]

though im a bit skeptical as to how it will turn out.