OtakuBoards

love...?

gatorschick99

love, is it real or all in our heads??

it is a question i have been poundering about for a while now and have came to no conclusion

i asked my friend and this was his responce: both..if both people love each other then its real, but if one person loves the other, but the other doesnt love them then its all in your head.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]Check out the thread in the Otaku Lounge "How can you be sure?" headed by Momo...that may help with your question.

All in all...I like the phrase used in the movie Matrix Revolutions..Neo is trapped between both worlds at this point, waiting in a train station, having this conversation with a program who will be sending her daughter to the Matrix from the machine world. The program (who's some arabic guy) talks of how much his loves his daughter and wife. Neo asks though..."how can you possibly love something, you're a machine." And the programs response was sublime...."love is just a word...but it's the connection that is made."

There are so many forms of love...love of a family member, brotherly love, and taking upon a lover. Love is really just a word...a feeling like that though in what you're referring too cannot be put into a simple word. So yes...it does exist...whether you just want to say that it's a biological and chemical reaction within your body, or just within your head...doesn't that mean that it does exist? True love like that....something I've known for 2 years now doesn't happen everyday. I'll use a phrase which I used in the thread I mentioned up above. "I will not only die for you...but I will live for you." having that kind of devotion between both individuals...is love. [/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I agree with Kairi on what he said, love is just a word to describe a feeling, but there are times when just saying 'I love you' doesn't seem like quite enough.

Also, like Kairi said, you have the differences between different kinds of love. You can love someone, like a friend or family member, and then there's being [I]in love[/I] with someone, which would be your partner.

Of course, you've got to be careful (as a teenager) to differentiate between lust and love, I know that may sound silly, but I see all these girls in school saying "I love you" to their current boyfriend after knowing him for one month and then breaking up with him after one week.

I think love is used too loosely these days. Maybe it's because I am in love I can appreciate just how much it means for someone to tell you that they love you and you mean everything to them. I'm going off on a rant, I'll stop now.

[B]My opinion:[/B] Love is when someone knocks the breath out of you, and you can never get it back no matter how hard you try. Love is sharing an equal feeling with someone and knowing it in your heart and mind without anyone having to tell you.[/SIZE]

oh well, its hard to have a specific opinion about love, since its such a complex thing, and everyone has a different opinion on it. I believe that love is a little bit of both. Some people are so physically attracted to someone that they create an image of love in their head. This is not real love, as much as some people would like it to be, its just not. You can't be attracted to one specific part of a person and just neglect everything else, it doesn't work that way.

As I said in another post, love is a feeling. And if you think of it literally, then I guess the brain is resposible for it. But its nice to think that you're meant for someone and someones meant for you. The moment you look at someone and just realize that they're something special. Thats not a thought, thats a vibe, a feeling, an instinct. Its not something to ponder, its something to act on. And thats the way you should live.