OtakuBoards

Memoires of Youth [M-SVL]

Domon

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]The whole day had started out rather normally for Jacob except that it was his first day at his new job. His routine was normal for the most part, he got dressed, got his coffee at the star bucks, and then headed to his job. As soon as he walked in the door the director of the shelter came over to him with a frazzled grin. ?Good to see you here Jacob, look I know its kind of early but could handle this group discussion? Its dealing with these troubled kids.? Jacob just had a deer in the headlights look. ?Umm.. Are you sure I can handle it?? He asked gingerly, ?I mean this is my first day here.? The director nodded at this, ?Yeah, I know, its your first day but if you can handle this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Basically you just need to get these kids to open up to each other and to you. Just go with what your gut instinct tells you .?

With that, Jacob was thrust into the room where a group of teens were gathered. They all turned their heads and Jacob could already tell they all had something on their minds. Smiling as he took his seat that was facing the entire group he made sure his I.D. was clipped onto his shirt. ?Good morning guys and gals. I guess I?m going to be with you, my names Jacob. Why don?t you all introduce yourselves and tell me what you guys like to do and we?ll move on from there.?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Okay, basically I just want you to have your characters give Jacob your name and your big interests and that's all, but make sure to have them describe their interests.

I'll get the Underground thread up tomorrow.

Being the first one next to Jacob, a girl wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, with brown hair in a sloppy bun, slowly stands up.

Blushing brightly, the shy-looking girl begins..."Hello. My name is Sara Washington. I used to be in drama club, and I like to read... I guess that's about it."

Sara sits down quickly, blushing, stares at her knees, hoping this would be over soon...

(OCC: Sorry this is so short! You asked only for name and interests!)

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]He watched the girl beside him stand up and then stared dully at her when she said her names and interest, being a bit on the sleepy side. Mase took off his hat before standing up."Hi...I'm Mase ...,"forgeting to give his last name, he shoved his hands in the pockets of his jacket and looked up."And my interests are music and . . . " he thought for a second and gave a typical answer that any teen his age would give with a slight shrug.

"Sleeping . . . baseball and handball . . . "He fiddled with his glasses a bit in his pocket and looked down."Yeah . . . " he just sat back down feeling a bit awkward for some reason. It got a bit quiet after Mase sat down, he looked around at everyone else for a second before rasing his hand."Mainly I'm interesting in classical music and r&b . . . " his voice trailed off a bit and then he became quiet again. [/COLOR]

Yuki was siting right next to Masse so he guessed that he was next.

[B]"Hi..." he started, "Well my name is Yuki and I like to have fun and party. I use to live with my dad until he became really abusive and I decided to live with my mother. I like to be in a peaceful place where I can read and think. With my friends, I like to party and go wild. I think my life is okay."[/B]

Jacob nodded and looked over to the next person.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Knowing that after Yuki was herself, which she hated. Victoria simply hated that she had to introduce herself like some interested wannabe student. She stood up from her saet and straightened her posture seductivily and smiled sinnfuly.

"My name is [I]Reeves[/I], Victoria and my lovely interest is simply poetry...I'm an [I]emotionally[/I] poetic person.", Victoria said slowly and efficiant...she knew how to represent herself the way they wanted.

She sure Jacob nod in approval and suggested toward the next person in line to share the spotlight.[/COLOR]

She stared at Victoria for a moment and then stood up.
Feeling more perky than normal the goth girl in back happily shouts, "Heeeeyyy!!!I'm Nadja Kinnor! Um...I guess...I like to draw, write, daydream, and sleep." She suddenly realizes that everyone in the room is staring at her and she loses all that was left of her hyperness. Her shoulders sag and a depressed look crosses her face. "I like also like reading and listening to music, my favorite band is [I]Switchblade Symphony[/I] ...and...umm...that's all...I guess..." She slumps back into her chair and bangs her head against the table. She's too down to even notice Jacob's reaction.

[COLOR=Blue][B][I]After Nadja had introduced herself and everyone's gaze turned upon the next in line, which Lynn realized it was her, she let out a small sigh and cleared her throat.

"Great," Lynn thought as she saw everyone looking at her. She finally stood up and flashed everyone a smile. "Hi my name is Michellynn Brookes..my interests would include hanging out with friends, going to parties, listening to music..basically anything that deals with having a good time," she said as she finished.

Jacob nodded at her and she took her seat...[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][I]A good time, eh?[/I] She smiled to herself as she stood from her seat. Her leg was already falling asleep; it tingled as the blood rushed back through.

[CENTER]"[B]Hello Jacob, and fellow people. My name is Esau, and recently I had a little spat with my brother Jacob, in which I really wanted to kill him.
Hobbies? I suppose I enjoy the occassional murdering of kin, hunting desert deer with antiquated weapons, and making love to my numerous wives. In my spare time, I like to follow in Hitler's footsteps and institute ethnic cleansing amongst the population of ants that inhabit my family mausoleum. Thank you for your time.[/B]" [/CENTER]

She sat before a word could be said. She didn't even [I]have[/I] a family crypt... [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Jacob got a look of surprise on his face with the personalities of the last three people. As he scribbled down some notes down near Esau's name he cleared his throat and looked at the group as he placed his pen down and stood up in front of the group. "Okay, since I've been introduced to all of you, I'll introduce myself. My name is Jacob, I'm twenty-three years old, I big interests are swimming and helping kids. I really like listening to just about any kind of music, and I'm a big Family Guy fan." With that Jacob sat popped his left knuckle, then spoke again. "All right, I was thinking that since we have time we could start telling each other about our pasts. Sara, would you please start??" Sara was still sitting down as she started into her story. As she began Jacob pulled out another pen and started jotting down a few spare notes as back up, mainly because he was supposed to but he didn't enjoy this because it took him away from paying attention.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Staring at her knees, Sara began her story...

"It all started when I met my currently ex-boyfriend, Brian. He seemed like a great guy and fun to be around. It was like he was my best freind, but with 'benefits,' if you know what I mean. After about 6 months, we had started to talk about..." Sara glanced up from her knees at all the staring faces, blushing brightly "a...about...[I]sleeping together.[/I] We had it all planned. My parents were going to Hawaii for a week and they trusted me enough to leave me alone at home. Since I don't have many friends, they knew that I wouldn't throw a house party, like some other people do. Brian came over at around 7 pm and we watched a movie. Eventually, Brian found my dad's liquer cabinet and... Let's just say we didn't watch much of the movie... We started making out and it led to...much, MUCH more. After we had slept together, I started to feel embarrassed...almost [I]ashamed[/I] of what I had just done. Brian didn't like that. He started yelling at me for being ashamed of us, of what we had. I tried to tell him that it wasn't like that, but he wouldn't listen. He just pulled on his pants, grabbed the rest of his stuff and stormed out the door...He left me on the couch, naked, and so...alone.

A few weeks later I started to feel sick in the mornings. I didn't understand what was happening to me. Then the thought crossed my mind...What if...What if I was...[I]pregnant??[/I] I took 6 of those sticks that you find at the drugstore, and all of them came back positive. I couldn't believe it. [B]I am pregnant.[/B] After a few weeks of locking myself in my room to cry, my parents got...c-curious..." Sara closed her eyes, trying to stop the tears that were making their way through "They asked me w-what was w-w-wrong.... S-so I told them. My parents were...were... f-furious! T-They kicked me out of our house, they called me a...a...."

Sara had a hard time going on, but Jacob gently said, "Go on, Sara. We're listening."

"...They called me...a... [B][I]WHORE.[/I][/B] I couldn't believe it. They said that no daughter of th-theirs could ever wind up... p-p-pregnant. They disowned me and I was able to pack a backpack of my m-most precious belongings and they k-k-kicked me out. I went to the local Teen refuge house and I've been there for-for...almost 3 months now... I'm 3 months pregnant..."

Sara then burst into tears. She felt so ashamed, [I]mortified[/I] that she had let this happen to herself. She felt so dirty and unloved. She felt so utterly alone..

"I have an issue with anger....I store it up until I get to the point where I feel like hurting somebody..."he continued and sighed looking up.

"I stabbed a classmate with a pencil....twice and got put out of school for it"he said and looked down."He was talking about my brother in class...and I got mad and kinda lost it....the teacher got scared and went to get security and before I knew it I had stabbed him with a pencil that I had just went to sharpen a bit earlier...." he frowned."before I got put out..I was always in and out of school or getting suspended for fights over little things that just annoyed me some times.

Anything makes me tick..mostly people talking about my brother..." He closed his eyes."I use to live with my mom but she couldn't handle my brother or me always getting into shit and sent us to live with my older brother. He said I'm to aggressive.."Mase talked in slightly low tone he didn't like talking about himself."after I got put outta school...I had to go to trail for 'assault' and then some one had to examine me or some mess like that..

" he sounded irritated just talking about it."after that they sent me to another school...for a few months before I got to go back home. then my older brother informed me that I needed to get help for my 'issues' and send me here to get it..." he closed his eyes again. Mase left out a few details that he found irrelevant to anything.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Esau rolled her eyes. [I]What is this - a sympathy run?[/I] After hearing Sara and Mase talk, she felt nauseous: she could almost see the self-pity that was rolling off their tongues as they spoke. This was so...[I]dumb[/I].

[RIGHT][I]So...this guy has an anger problem?[/I] She smirked inwardly.
[/RIGHT]

[CENTER][B]"Wow, you're a smart one, aren't you?"[/B] she commented directly to Mase from across the circle.[/CENTER] He said nothing, only watching her with narrowed eyes. Talk about shooting daggers...

[CENTER][B]"Yeah, you're a real genius. 'Oh, this kid is annoying me because he seems to be talking about my brother in a derogatory fashion. Instead of thinking of a different way to deal with this, and knowing that I already have an anger problem, I think I'm going to stab the kid with a pencil and get slapped with charges of assault.
Not that this could possibly be the wrong way to go or anything, since my mother already can't deal with me at home.' Yeah, I'd have to applaud your deductive reasoning there - your path of action is absolutely laudatory. Pure genius."[/B][/CENTER]

Her smile was cold.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Jacob gave Esau a cold look as she made her sarcastic remark about Sara and Mase's stories. "Esau. Please don't be so rude towards other people." With that he turned his attention to his notepad, when he realized that he'd been writting down shorthand notes about these kids the whole time he was listening. [I]"Great, I'm actually starting to think I'm turning into one of those shrinks."[/I] Jacob thought as he smirked inwardly. When he finally came back from his quick daydream he could still hear Sara crying so Jacob decided this would be the best time to throw in some helpful words and for a break from everyone else.

"Okay, how about we all take ten minutes of a break, I think all of us need something in our stomachs." With that most of the kids, including Jacob dispersed or left the room entirely, Jacob managed to catch Sara just as she was fleeing to the bathroom. When he caught up to her he placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Sara. What happened to you is inexcusable, your parents should not have thrown you out and their comments were very wrong. They had no right to call you a whore, you're young, kids make mistakes all the time and it was a mistake." Jacob flicked aside one of his bangs. "But right now you are carrying your child and that something to be happy for. Don't worry, there are some great people here who can help you get a job and a place of your own." Who Jacob was referring to was the fat over weight slob of the career director for youths that worked down on the first floor in a cramped office that seemed to get smaller every day because the man seemed to put on just about twenty pounds of doughnuts. He could be a real ass but Jacob knew that if he played his cards right he could get this guy to help Sara get a job and a house, "Just let me make an appointment for you and I'm sure things will work out." A small hiccup escaped the girl's mouth as she nodded and Jacob let her go into the restroom.

On his way back to the room he saw Mase sulking on a bench in the hall, Jacob pulled up a seat next to him.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience with kids in elementary school but I'm glad you came here for some help. Look, I know someone who has some anger management classes," Jacob chuckled at this, "In fact, he's the guy who got me in this professiion." Jacob wrote down the guy's name and what room he was having his classes in. "I'll make an appointment for you." Mase nodded somewhat as Jacob got up and walked back in and sat down in the seat he'd been sitting in for the past hour. When everyone filed back in or walked back over from the coffee pot Jacob looked around and pointed to Yuki. "I do believe its your turn to talk Yuki."[/COLOR][/SIZE]

During the break, as Sara was sitting on the toilet seat crying, her tears of sorrow and embarrassement turned into tears of doubt. Jacob could help her, but...

[I]I could get a job and a home now... But..[/I] Sara thought. [I]Is this what I really want? Would my child want a mother like me? A mom who has to work all the time to support her child because her boyfriend and family has shunned her... What kind of a life would that be for my child? He/She will never know their grandparents or their father, and they're supposed to be an important factor in your life... I guess... Am I really fit to raise this child in this world??[/I]

Then the most terrifying thought crossed her mind.

[I]Since I don't approve of abortion...(I'm too far along anyway)...Should I...[/I] Sara whiped her nose [I] Should I give my child up for adoption??[/I]

Sara the heard people going back to their seats, so she fixed her hair and whiped her nose once more and joined the others to hear what Yuki had to say.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Yuki yawned and scratched his head.[/B]

"Oh, it's my turn..hehe. Sorry." [B]Yuki smiled and cleared his throat[/B].

"Well I'm not good at telling stories nor do I like the fact that I uhh..tell about my past but while I'm here I probably should. Ok. Well when I was little, I was in a happy family. A nice one. No problems, I had an older brother and we rarely fought. One day, my father came home and it seemed everything was fine but during the day he seemed...twitchy. I didn't know what was wrong so I just did nothing. During the night, my mother put me to bed and after awhile I heard something break in my parent's room. I rushed there and I heard screaming. Some words I heard. I didn't understand them since I was little and nobody cussed in our home. It was my father. He was hiting my mother so I rushed in and covered her." [B]Yuki cleared his throat and continued[/B], "I got hit and my mother started screaming and soon my brother rushed in. My father was hiting me and my brother covered me. I started to cry and then my father fainted. I stopped crying and looked he was lying on the floor. Unconscious. I suggested he was sleeping and went back to bed. My mother, on the other hand, couldn't go to sleep because of what happened. The next day, my father woke up and came up to my brother and I and started to hit us. He was real abusive and became drunk. I didn't know why all ofa sudden he started to do this. To tell you the truth, he was drugged with something. Turned out that he made a deal with someone and didn't promise back so they drugged him with something. He became a crazy maniac and started to destroy everything that was in his way. So my mother sent him to a mental prison. We moved to a place where we could forget about these things but my mother couldn't forget and she cries every night now. My brother tries to forget about it and I, on the other hand, try to forget about it by partying and get partcial drunk. I know it's bad and all but it works."

[B]Yuki chuckled a bit and sanked into his chair a bit. He noticed that girl named Sara and scribbled a quick note and handed it to her.[/B][/COLOR]

[I]Are you alright? Did you cry or something? You seem a bit red?[/I]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B]While staring at her knees again, Sara noticed a hand with a note outstretched. It seemed to be from the boy named Yuki. Sara, very cautiously, took the note and opened it up to find:

[QUOTE]Are you alright? Did you cry or something? You seem a bit red?[/QUOTE]

Sara then blushed brightly and looked at Yuki's smiling face. He truly showed concern. This made Sara blush even more! Sara then found a pencil on the floor and scribbled a reply underneath the original text:[/B]

[I]I [U]was[/U] crying, but I'm better now. Thanks for asking though.

Let's just say I'm tired of being handed "the short end of the stick," you know? [/I][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Sara scribbled something and handed the note back to him.[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I was crying, but I'm better now. Thanks for asking though.

Let's just say I'm tired of being handed "the short end of the stick," you know? [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]He wrote back.[/B][/COLOR]

[I]Oh I see. Well I thought you were a bit brave. If anything bothers you, then you let me know. Ok? [/I]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]He handed it to her and added a smiley face.[/B][/COLOR]

=)

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]He smiled at her.[/B][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SeaGreen][I]?You?d [COLOR=SeaGreen]fight anything on two legs won?t you??the warmth of the soup he was drinking ran threw him like an electric current. ?Heh, I could stop...? ?If you wanted to...sure? Taking another sip of his drink and rolling his eyes at his brother he leaned back slightly. ?You have a problem.? ?No I don?t? ?yes you do.? mase got crossed with his brother and gave him a defensive look. ?See one small comment and you?re ready to jump.? He proved his point, mase hated it when he used him to prove his points, it irritated him not that much didn?t. [/I]

His mind drifted between past and present while he stared up at the ceiling for a short time. It wasn?t until the ruffing sound of paper passed by him a couple of times that he snapped out of his daze and sat up in his seat. He looked a bit confused about what had just took place for a second and sat up in his seat as if nothing was wrong, thinking. ?Dazed out a bit . . . I guess? To mase he was staring at the ceiling for what seems like forever, surely enough time to recall a conversation that took place only a week or two ago.

In reality it was only four minutes he had been sitting there, staring at the ceiling while his eyes started to nearly drift away although no one seemed to notice, the way he quickly came back to reality. He turned to his right seeing Sara read a note and then drifting his attention to the others in the room for a second.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Sara couldn't help but stare at Yuki in amazement.

[I]He smiled at me. He actually smiled at me... Noone's smiled at me like that since...since I got pregnant... He seems really nice...[/I]

Sara then immediately noticed that Mase was giving her a weird look. Blushing like a boiled lobster, she put the note on her knees and stared at what Yuki last wrote:

[QUOTE][I]Oh I see. Well I thought you were a bit brave. If anything bothers you, then you let me know. Ok?[/I] =)[/QUOTE]

[I]I think I may have made a friend here after all...[/I]

Sara looked up, looked at Yuki, and smiled back at him as she awaited the next person's story.[/SIZE]

• 3 months later...
OOC: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I shall continue this dead rpg!!!!!! XD

Nadja noticed that no one else was going so she stood up and raised her hand, "Teeeeacher! I volunteer!!!"
Jacob nodded.
"Well, I guess you've realized already that I have several problems, but they're not why I'm here. I'm here because I am an alchoholic. It's really bad. At first, I didn't think I had a problem, but then..."she looked down at the table, "I attempted to kill my boyfriend while under the influence. I've served my jail time, and now I'm ready to get clean! I...I don't want to hurt people anymore because of my problem. I've lost everyone I love because of my habit. And I don't wanna be alone anymore!"
With that, Nadja started to sob hysterically. "Please...I want to get better...but I can't do it by myself."