OtakuBoards

Happy Passover!

EVA Unit 100

Passover. Yes. Let's celebrate the miasmic slaughter of hoards of Egyptian boys. Horray.

[Though I'm not much better, I plan on having a party on August sixth.]

And I'm posting basically to explain the reason for Passover. ...But I don't feel like going into detail.

On topic, I'm not doing anything special. Just school, chillin', and probably going on a little drinking purge this weekend.

[QUOTE=Chaos]Passover. Yes. Let's celebrate the miasmic slaughter of hoards of Egyptian boys. Horray.

[Though I'm not much better, I plan on having a party on August sixth.]

And I'm posting basically to explain the reason for Passover. ...But I don't feel like going into detail.

On topic, I'm not doing anything special. Just school, chillin', and probably going on a little drinking purge this weekend.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hmm. Never thought of it like that. o_o;

But doesn't purge mean to vomit? If I feel a binge coming on, I have a diet coke...?[/size]

I know I'm a little behind the times, so sue me.

For Passover my family did the usual dinner deal. We waited till sundown, and started the dohicky. We read from the Passover book, did some singing, read some Hebrew, and drank some wine. Ate the bitter herbs, ate the matzo, and set out some wine for Eliza.

Ate on the best plates in the house (and oh are they expensive. If one of those babies die...run). Long dinner, gafilta fish, matzo ball soup, and lamb... yummy. All in all, a boring yet tasty tradition in my house. Usually we invite some gentile friends to join. This year it was my sister?s friend, her friend's infant son, and the mother of the friend. Fun.

Chaos, the whole ceremony is not about the killing of the first borns. It's about remembering the exodus from Egypt. Kinda tedious way to remember, but better then sitting in Temple for 3 hours.

And yes, I know my spelling is way off on some of those words. I have a hard enough time spelling english words, give me a break.

Icyeyes

[SIZE=1][quote name='Chaos']Passover. Yes. Let's celebrate the miasmic slaughter of hoards of Egyptian boys. Horray.[/quote]Not really. You're celebrating the deliverance from the Angel of Death, and the Exodus from Egypt. The slaughter of countless Egyptian boys came with the package -- besides, they had their chance. They were warned by my homeboy Moses, but no one listened. God had to lay the smack down.
[quote name='Juuthena']But doesn't purge mean to vomit? If I feel a binge coming on, I have a diet coke...?[/quote] Haha no. Purge means to purify or cleanse. But I'm sure the anorexic slang is beyond me. XD

And yeah, I celebrated Passover with some Jewish friends three years ago. Twas fun, but somewhat solemn, so it was hard to laugh and have a good time. I guess Christmas' cheer reels me in. Not to mention the presents.[/SIZE]