OtakuBoards

What does life mean to you?

I was always curioud about what life means to different people. So I asked you all. Maybe someone else asked, maybe not. Either way, it's all kewl.
Answer when you feel like it and have a nice day. (Spaceballs rock! :animesmil )

Catch ya later! :catgirl: ~LashamaruChaos

Interesting question. To me, Life is a test. Its all a trial of a persons reactions to any situation that they encounter (and I mean ANY) which will be rewarded or punnished by some greater being/thing/deity...
Life to me is also an experience. Your life, however **** or great it may be, Is always different to someone elses.

Still this is only my view and therefore, you dont have to take it seriosly-In short, believe what you want to believe.

Why don't you answer your own question?

To me, life is about doing what you enjoy and living how you want. If you can't enjoy yourself and fullfill your aspirations, what's the point of living? Of course most people will have to work hard to afford the things that they enjoy and to fulfill their aspirations, and there's bound to be some dark times where you'll find yourself unable to do either. On top of that, you have to be prepared for the consequences of your desired lifestyle as well. As a theif or assassin, your victims aren't going to lie down, and if you get caught, the government will throw your sorry *** in jail. Even in some straight and honest lifestyles, society will still have it out for you. (see politicians and nerds) But if you prepare for and deal with the consequences and push to the light at the end of the tunnel during bad times, I think that life will continue to be worth living.

being 16 its hard for me to state the meaning of life considering I'm not even close being done living it yet, theres much for me to learn and lots of things I'll probably never see.

However, I believe the meaning of life is to live it to the fullest. This means being devoted to something, whether its god, your spouse, your children, etc. I think living a life without any devotion is just not worth living. Never showing emotion or letting yourself open up to other people just keeps you isolated and alone. I believe if you live a good life, you treat others well, and love like theres no tomorrow, that you will be rewarded when your life is over, and you'll live on always.

Sorry for the cheesyness of this post, but my mother is actually not doing so well, cancer, so I guess its just comforting to think that she'll live on in some way after shes gone. My posts aren't usually so, heartfelt, but oh well.

[size=1]Life's a tedious step? I can't stress how strongly I believe there's a bunch of stuff after death, and I'm excited about moving on. It doesn't make sense to me how some people are afraid to die. The earth really isn't that fantastic of a place, as it's so full of hypocrites and limits as to how far you can go. My dad said nature keeps everything balanced, and it's true, but not necessarily a great thing.

For some reason, I feel life would be a lot less tedious to me if I was in love. But what can I say, I'm 14. [/size]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]For the most part, I think that life is[/font][/b][b][font=Comic Sans MS] a time to seek out new perspectives, new experiences, new wisdom, and to grow in spirit.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Our experiences and the situations we face in life help us to understand ourselves and others in an endless variety of ways... so long as we are willing to take something from the experiences that we have-- whether they be good or bad.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]It's a learning experience... to what end, I can only speculate... *shrugs*[/font][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
well i could say my life is a drag seeing the normal circumstances of for instance school.
but i think if not a reason to live this life or the actual goal is to unify your body with your thoughts.
sounds corny but to think that you only use 10% of your brains i would say one good reason to live is to start from this weakness almost every person encounters with either themselves or others and devellop yourself to a 100%.
it would open more windows to what you can think.
i don`t want to brag or anything but i have been training my brains to some % where i see things different, more creative with my mind, i interpet them differently i am more aware of my body my heartbeat my breath my muscles etc.
a good reason to live is grow in this and anything that can come along.

another good reason to live is indeed love or a strong friendship.
it makes your journey more pleasant, and the devotion to this is needed too, with the goal to let it last forever.

and finally i am a bit anti system, so another reasons to live or to live my life as i do is to value real things, truth, time, friendship, understanding the fact that life and death are not the beginning nor the end, but that you realize that you exist.
and i might not exist so strong in school and in figures, and that i hate to see a person as a number as much as i hate it to happen to me, but my existance in my self discovery is strong and i feel as even if i should die i still exist and the importance of that knowledge is something you cannot describe with even a thousand words as how wonderfull that feels.

sorry for the long stuff, but it`s true (for me at least)

[size=1]I tend to look at life as a learning experiance.
Since I believe, in a nutshell, that after we die we're reborn in another body. It's a learning experiance for our soul to take what it's learned and help us to make better decisions in the next life.

It's also one hell of a fun time, or can be at least.[/size]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Juuthena][size=1']Life's a tedious step? I can't stress how strongly I believe there's a bunch of stuff after death, and I'm excited about moving on. It doesn't make sense to me how some people are afraid to die. The earth really isn't that fantastic of a place, as it's so full of hypocrites and limits as to how far you can go. My dad said nature keeps everything balanced, and it's true, but not necessarily a great thing. [/size][/quote]People are so afraid of death because it means letting go. It means jumping off the solid, sturdy rock of the world and into the black, endless abyss of death. It's the unknown. I'm sure you'd be pretty scared if you were about to die. It's just human nature, to be afraid of the unknown, then try and make conjectures about what it is. That's what religion is.

But I love religion... it gives you something to hope for, that your life isn't just another link in the chain that will end in 60 years. I love the idea of being in a perfect place for eternity after I die. Sounds heavenly. ^_^

The meaning of life? To serve God, but I'm not ready to invest my entire life persuing my faith. Sundays is good enough for me, and helping out people along the way. But really, a more universal definition I'd give it is to [B]make progress[/B]. If you were born poor, die a little richer. If you were mean when you were little, become nicer as you grow old. Start out better than what you began with. It's to help out all of humanity as best you can, by contributing your gifts and talents to the world. That's why living in some hermitage trying to be holy is such trash. You're being selfish, on some self-journey that sounds noble, when you could be our helping other people actively.

Even if you don't believe in the guy, try and be like Jesus. Except the crucifixion part. I'm pretty sure you won't rise from the dead.[/SIZE]