Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R1 M6: Kagura (Azumanga Daioh) vs. Lina (Slayers)



Recommended Posts

Posted
Match 6 is up! As always...

My only rule is to not spam up these threads. Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

Hard to say who's gonna win. I'll say Lina because she's such a character.

Kagura (Azumanga Daioh)
[img]http://img151.echo.cx/img151/9383/kagurawallpaper4ii.jpg[/img]

vs.

Lina Inverse (Slayers)
[img]http://img82.echo.cx/img82/7706/slayers0nu.jpg[/img]
(this picture still sucks, but its better than the other one that I had)

I really don't have a lot to go off of with either of these characters. I've seen one Slayers OVA and read the first two volumes of the manga, and I've only seen the first DVD of Azumanga and Kagura only shows up for a second in that and doesn't even say anything. (I got oriented with the series before I watched it as I always do and noticed her hanging around) However, I liked what I saw of Lina. I suppose that you could call her the typical flat chested optimistic heroin with a few good twists. Kinda hard to sum those twists up though... I can think of a few other characters that shared Kagura's features (namely the tan and the hair style) and they were the friendly supportive combative types. But since Azumanga really doesn't seem to be the sort of anime that would have a combative type (unless you count spirited as combative), I'll just assume that she has the first two features with a bit of spunk added on. Eh, I'll give this vote to Lina. But Kagura still looks a whole lot better than flatty.
Posted
Auggh, Mommy!! :animedepr The slayers girl is really scary...especially with those huge funky earrings...I vote for Kagura...I've never seen Azumanga Daioh, but at least she doesn't have huge funky earrings :animesmil :animesmil
Posted
I was serious when I said that Kagura has Lina beat hands down on looks. Why do you think that I was reconsidering? But I like Lina's character, and I haven't seen Kagura's character yet, so I choose Lina.
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo]I'd go for Lina Inverse on this one. She's pretty cute, in my opinion, but is kinda insane. A HUGE plus in my book (if i had one) Kaguras' ok, but I don't care too much for her.[/COLOR]
Posted
I agree. Insanity is by far more interesting than just cuteness alone. Lina has that while at the same time keeping a kind of girlish nature about her.

The other just has the looks.

I choose Miss Inverse.
Posted
Like I said in the other one, I there's a very big chance that I won't have time to update this on Monday, so I'm ending this match now and putting things back to Thursdays.

Kagura: 4 votes
Lina Inverse: 3 votes

[b]Here is your winner... Kagura![/b]

That's that! I don't either one beating either Asuka or Nana in a popularity contest though...

Edit: I'll just say that the same rule applies here. If Lina can get two votes on Kagura by Monday, I'll change the decision.
Posted
I have never seen Azumanger butI have seen Slayers and I think I would have preferred it if Lina had won. Lina is...... spirited, i guess.
Posted
[quote name='Jahjahwarrior17']oooo...IceRose, you're spamming :animedepr You must give reason why you pick Lina :animesmil[/quote]

Exactly! (my eyes just kind of scanned over that one)
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]Of course, replying to spam without also adding to the topic at hand is [i]also[/i] spamming, you realise...

Heh, the sentiments are really appreciated, but Moderation's for the mods ^_~

Unfortunately I have to remain impartial to the actual topic, as I've not seen either of these two series. I need to watch more anime...[/COLOR]
Posted
Looks like Lina picked up the lead...

Kagura: 5 votes
Lina Inverse: 8 votes

[b]Here is your new winner... Lina Inverse![/b]

Cool. But like I said earlier, I don't think that this is going to change much...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...