OtakuBoards

Original character + my boredom. (sketches)

eleanor

[color=darkslateblue] I was bored, so I went through a bunch of drawings that I had on my desk. It was mostly what I had drawn over the last four months, but I realized that mostly I was drawing one guy over and over again. I thought it was pretty amusing to see how I kept on changing him and how my drawing style itself changed over four months, so (like the dork I am), I scanned in 20 versions of the guy and put them all on two pages.

:)

And also a random girl. She definitely changed a lot ever since I drew the first version of her.

[url]http://xs27.xs.to/pics/05185/guylayout1.png[/url]
[url]http://xs27.xs.to/pics/05185/guylayout2.png[/url]
[url]http://xs27.xs.to/pics/05186/girllayout.png[/url]

Notes: I really dislike #1-5, 9, 14, 15, 17, and 20. Especially #20. >_>

Random Stuff: The anime I'm watching usually effects how I draw, so um, I suppose the dark-ish eye-lines of the guy are taken from Gaara's eyes from Naruto. And if you notice, the guy's final clothing's upper-neck part is similar to Sasuku's from Naruto. And for the girl, her hair is pretty similar to Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. :)

I also feel a bit dumb, because in the second page, all of the versions are facing the same direction, lol. Same with the page with the girl drawings on them.[/color]

Wow, I love your sketches. I like the 1-6 drawings. I liked the hair in 2 and 3, but I loved the outfits in 1 and 5 <3.

And same here. I'm often influenced by the animes I watch, and the mangas I read.

[COLOR=#FF0055][SIZE=1]Oh my gee, I love your style >>

(<3)

It reminds me very much of the Korean manwha ?Kill Me*Kiss Me?....for some reason. It may be the very slim waist and arms you do...hmm...

But I adore the poses *envy* and your proportions are all brilliant. The clothes are gorgeous, too. Not very over the top but very, very pretty.

Again, I love you style, I'd love to see more of your pictures. Do you have a DevART account?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Those are really good. The only thing I noticed is that guy2layout's eyes (collectively) are really huge, which gives him a fish-esque face. Do you see what I mean? Perhaps not ... but even still, really really good attention to proportion as far as the body goes.[/SIZE]

[i]And same here. I'm often influenced by the animes I watch, and the mangas I read.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Yeah...after my Fullmetal Alchemist craze, I think I made up a new character that had a man-ponytail. *laughs* [/color]

[i]It reminds me very much of the Korean manwha ?Kill Me*Kiss Me?....for some reason. It may be the very slim waist and arms you do...hmm...

But I adore the poses *envy* and your proportions are all brilliant. The clothes are gorgeous, too. Not very over the top but very, very pretty.

Again, I love you style, I'd love to see more of your pictures. Do you have a DevART account?[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Haha, I am actually Korean. In general, I think a lot of Koreans cartoonists just always end up having long bodies that encorporate thin, lengthy waists and arms. I actually really liked the art of [i]Kill Me, Kiss Me[/i], and it definately had some sort of impact on how I drew. I've been trying to get away from that style lately, though. Sometimes artists make their characters' limbs way too long and they end up looking slightly deformed.

Thanks so much for the comments! :) I always put huge effort into making sure my proportions are in check, since it was the thing I had most trouble with when I first starting drawing. As for clothes... I love fashion! ^^;; I particularly like the girl's jacket, but it's heavily based on a jacket I saw once.

Yes, I have a DevART account, but I only use it to favorite artworks, so I haven't put anything up yet.[/color]

[i]The only thing I noticed is that guy2layout's eyes (collectively) are really huge, which gives him a fish-esque face. Do you see what I mean? Perhaps not ... but even still, really really good attention to proportion as far as the body goes.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Teh coolness! Actually, I've always loved the idea of people controlling water, so for fun I made the guy in the layouts be some...water element guy, dunno. So unoriginal, but it's not like I'm making a story. I just draw for fun. :3 So, I find it pretty cool that he seems fish-esque, lol. Although I agree with you, he does have huge eyes and a narrowing face.

Thanks for comments, everyone. [/color]