OtakuBoards

Estelle [PG-13]

Arcadia

[center]Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[i]an arcadelicious creation[/i][/center]

[size=3][b]Estelle[/b][/size]
[size=1][b]Age:[/b] twenty-something
[b]Description:[/b] The first thing you notice about Estelle is her vivid hair. A dark, wine-red color, she keeps it just long enough so that she can put it up in a proper ponytail. There are shorter strands, however, that never stay in place and she is constantly tucking them back behind her ear. After that, the rest of her appearance is pretty average. She stands around 5?8?, slim and athletic, with dark eyes and some freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and nose. There?s a small, brown swirl of lines on her left hip that vaguely resemble something different to each person who sees them. Other than the tattoo and the freckles, the only other marks on her skin are mostly on her hands and arms ? small scars and burns that come naturally in her line of work. She dresses simply, without any kind of jewelry or other adornments, generally in dark, earth tone colors. Estelle is not flashy in any sense of the word, although her work is always another matter entirely.

Something of a mercenary mechanic and technician, Estelle designs and builds a variety of tools, weapons, ships, and other special devices for anyone who can meet her price. She is known only as Estelle, but everyone knows who she is, and they usually always add as an afterthought, ?The red-haired woman.? Because of what she does, she is constantly traveling from one side of the galaxy to the other, taking up new jobs and checking on her old ones. Her home is her ship (known as the Eleusis), and she has no immediate plans to settle down anywhere with anyone.

She does not ever go anywhere alone, however. Iambe is a small, robotic creature that Estelle built herself. It somewhat resembles a fox, but with some noticeable differences. While its pale yellow coat is soft, it is not fur ? it?s actually a complex shield that responds to the environmental pressures around it. Its brilliant green eyes can switch between several levels of perception, including night and heat vision. The tail, though in normal circumstances is braided together, can unwind into three smaller parts and serve as extra appendages. Various sensors on Iambe?s body detect a wide range of both physical and emotional factors and can respond in its own machine language of clicks, whistles, and whirls. Every sound has a wide range of tones and each specific combination of sounds has its own meaning. Estelle is the only person who can fully communicate with it; though Iambe understands most languages perfectly, very few have ever been around the two long enough to pick up the robot?s semantics. It doesn?t really have a gender but Estelle refers to it as a she.

In a word, Estelle is a loner, and has long been labeled this way by most of the galaxy. Her talents are often considered priceless, however, and her involvement (or lack thereof) in certain affairs has always been a decisive factor in their outcomes. She is widely sought after by numerous governments and factions and because of this she is very careful about taking on new jobs. She may unwittingly become somebody?s enemy (though it wouldn?t be the first time). In the past she chose to work with certain figures on certain things that resulted in a massacre and has regretted it every day of her life; she does not want to make the same mistake twice. It keeps her on her toes, to say the least.[/size]

[size=3][b]The Idea[/b][/size]
[size=1][b]Estelle[/b] is a science-fiction story and it will be separated into chapters for every new job that our title character takes on. But there is a catch ? every chapter will be told from Estelle?s point of view. This means that every person who is accepted into this RPG will be writing as Estelle.

I would like the mood for the story to be similar to Cowboy Bebop in that while each episode is its own story (for the most part), there is a greater story taking place over everything else that will wrap up in the last couple chapters, concerning Estelle and her private life. And while it will definitely have its lighthearted moments, there is a darker theme that you need to be aware of. In other words, don?t expect a fairy tale ending.

You will learn more about Estelle and the events of her past as the story unfolds.[/size]

[size=3][b]The Sign-Up[/b][/size]
[size=1]As the story stands right now, there is only one existing character (well, maybe one and a half if you count Iambe). Estelle needs people to work for, and that?s where you all come in. In order to be considered for placement within the RPG, you will have to create a prospective client. The more imaginative you are with them, the better - you have full creative reign when it comes to making up races and planets and whatever else you can think of. Here?s what I?m looking for:

[b]The Client:[/b] The person dealing directly with Estelle.
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Whom does the client work for? Is this person part of a government or some kind of rebel faction? Do they represent an entire race of people or only a small group within the galaxy?
[b]The Job:[/b] What is the client hiring Estelle to build and what does it do, what is its function? It can be anything ? a ship, a weapon, a robot, anything.
[b]Motivation:[/b] Why does the client (and the group the client represents, if there is one) want this built and for what purpose will it serve? Is it for the greater good or are there some ulterior motives?

Aside from that information, you will also be expected to write a short bit from Estelle?s point of view. She is, after all, the main focus of the RPG and so all those participating must be able to write her. This will be a very important part of the sign up because it will let me know whether or not you have a feel for the character and if your voice suits the general tone of the story.

There will also be a slight romantic aspect to this story. I?m still deciding on how I want to handle that, so if you?re interested please let me know. I think, however, that if I open that up as a character possibility than you will need to submit a sign-up similar to Estelle?s above.[/size]

[size=3][b]Underground[/b][/size]
[size=1]This thread will be used extensively with the rest of the RPG, seeing as new information will be added continually as the story progresses and you all continue to create the world in which Estelle lives. For now, however, use this thread to ask any questions you have about the story or your sign-ups or the set up of the RPG or whatever. Mostly I just want to share my idea before I start recruiting in the Inn so those who are interested can get a head start.

Otherwise, I think that's pretty much it. ^_^[/size]