OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R1 M9: Kagome (Inuyasha) vs. Sango (Inuyasha)

Bloodseeker

Here's Match 9! This is the step over the half-way point for Round 1!

Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

Two Inuyasha characters! How about that? Who'll win? I'm gonna say Sango, because she's a kick *** demon slayer while Kagome is just an ignorant little girl.

Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)
[img]http://img157.echo.cx/img157/3678/iykagome0017wi.jpg[/img]
(good Kagome pictures are really scarce, and it seems like any good pics that I find are either tiny, on a non-existant page, or throw Kagome [i]way[/i] out of character. I had to blow that one up a bit, if you can't tell. In other words, if you find a good Kagome pic, feel free to post it)

vs.

Sango (Inuyasha)
[img]http://img232.echo.cx/img232/2299/faceoff22al.jpg[/img]

I could throw in a huge list as to why Sango kicks *** and Kagome sucks, but I wouldn't be telling you anything that you don't already know. (they really need to re-hire Shawn O' Hare) Maybe I'll give you that list later. For now, I'll just lay down the basics. Sango is a cool demon slayer with a huge boomerang, and Kagome is a posessive tease that happens to be a little too nice. Sango being a lot hotter than Kagome and also has better fasion sense than Kagome. How could you resist that tight demon slayer body suit?

Edit: Wow, I really screwed up on that last sentence. OMG MY ENNER RIF HQZ FINELY ARISSON! GOD HELP ME!!!!11111

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]Here's Match 9! This is the step over the half-way point for Round 1!

Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

Two Inuyasha characters! How about that? Who'll win? I'm gonna say Sango, because she's a kick *** demon slayer while Kagome is just an ignorant little girl.

Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)
[img]http://img157.echo.cx/img157/3678/iykagome0017wi.jpg[/img]
(good Kagome pictures are really scarce, and it seems like any good pics that I find are either tiny, on a non-existant page, or throw Kagome [i]way[/i] out of character. I had to blow that one up a bit, if you can't tell. In other words, if you find a good Kagome pic, feel free to post it)

vs.

Sango (Inuyasha)
[img]http://img232.echo.cx/img232/2299/faceoff22al.jpg[/img]

I could throw in a huge list as to why Sango kicks *** and Kagome sucks, but I wouldn't be telling you anything that you don't already know. (they really need to re-hire Shawn O' Hare) Maybe I'll give you that list later. For now, I'll just lay down the basics. Sango is a cool demon slayer with a huge boomerang, and Kagome is a posessive tease that happens to be a little too nice. Sango being a lot hotter than Kagome and having better fasion sense are both on that list.[/QUOTE]

I finally get to answer your poll! I'm so excited!!This one is Songo all the way! There are so many reasons not to like Kagome.... but my biggest problem with her is she ALWAYS ends up kidnapped, and just mainly stands there while everyone else is expected to save her :mad: ! I don't get it, did you run out of sacred arrows or what?? So just for being able to take care of herself its Songo!

Wasn't she unarmed most of those times? She sometimes finds a new bow lying on the ground.

But yeah, she draws Inuyasha and company into more trouble than she's worth. Sure she's helped out a few times, but she's forced Inuyasha to put himself in danger to help complete strangers on more than one occassion.

Guest xXxNikore19xXx
Sango of course! kagome is a great fighter dont get me wrong but sango is alot tougher and isnt afaird of a little flesh wound plus she has kirara and kagome is a mortal from our time all she has is her arrows which will definatly run out but sangos weapon can be used over and over without fail... so definatly sango
:catgirl:
Nikore

[B]Sango all the way. [/B]

Why? Does there need to be reasons? I'm not saying I'm a Kagome hater, but Sango is a lot cooler on so many levels. Plus, a lot easier to listen to. There have been times Kagome would just stand there and watch Inuyasha fight someone before it clicks into her brain that she has to do something. Sango, though, just goes ahead and kicks some major demon behind to help out. Also, Kagome mainly spends most of her time wondering if she is in love with Inuyasha or not. Heck, Sango and Miroku have a funnier relationship that can quickly switch to romance when he's not being a perv.

Don't know if those are good reasons to support my decision.... but, oh well.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Sango definately because i do not like Kagome. she's ok with a bow and arrow i'll give her that but other than that she's a wimp. She's always getting kidnapped. always. and she flirts way too much. let's see there's Inuyasha, Kouga, Hojo and in the second movie, past Hojo. she just drives me crazy!!! :animeangr Sango on the other hand is awesome! she kicks demon butt and she has kirara. and Kirara is awesome! so yeah that's basically why.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

heh...heh...heh... this isnt even a competetion...i got sick of kagome a long time ago... let me give you and example of why:
Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" Kagome yells "Inu Yasha!" ....again...and again...and again...and again...im flooding...i think my point is made...

sango doesnt.
she just slaps miroku when he grabs her ***.

Wow. This is the most one-sided poll yet.

On the other hand, that's not terribly surprising. There are a lot of Kagome/Inuyasha fans, but those are just people who support the romantic pairing; you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who really loves Kagome (when taken by herself). In an amusing contrast, there's a rather large segment of the Inuyasha fandom that professes to like Kikyo for Kikyo, regardless of who she's coupled with.

To echo what everyone else has stated, Sango >>> Kagome.

~Dagger~

Sango also probably has the largest fanbase of any Inuyasha character, next to Sesshomaru. And rightfully so, I think. Everybody likes the kick *** chick. That's a large part of where Asuka and Faye got their fanbases. And while Sango isn't quite as developed as either of those two, she's still a cool character through and through.

And here I was, expecting to counter three or four lame arguments as to why Kagome is a better character than Sango. But I guess that Thursday isn't up yet. I'm sure that somebody will try to argue in Kagome's favor between now and then.

I think kagome is the best because the story is about her and inuyasha. Kagome is a better character because you see her more throught the series and in the mangas. Sangos love interest is not as vibrent as kagomes. you just want to see kagome with you know who. :catgirl: I like sango but i like kagome mush better. :animesmil

[quote name='sbrebaby']I think kagome is the best because the story is about her and inuyasha. Kagome is a better character because you see her more throught the series and in the mangas. Sangos love interest is not as vibrent as kagomes. you just want to see kagome with you know who. :catgirl: I like sango but i like kagome mush better. :animesmil[/quote]

Hardly sooner said than done.

Since when does the love story alone define the character? There might have been more time spent developing Inuyasha's love triangle than the Sango/Miroku relationship, but despite that, Sango is still generally more capable than Kagome and is definitely less of a hassel to the group.

Did I mention that I'm one of those oddballs that supports InuyashaXSango and MirokuXKagome? I've always thought those interactions were more interesting.

Also, have you noticed that Richard Cox (the guy that voices Inuyasha) sounds so much more passionate when he yells "Sango" than when he yells "Kagome"? I was noticing that when they fought that last moth demon... Even Cox knows that Sango's better.

[quote name='sbrebaby]Sangos love interest is not as vibrent as kagomes. you just want to see kagome with you know who.[/QUOTE][quote=Dagger']There are a lot of Kagome/Inuyasha fans, but those are just people who support the romantic pairing; you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who really loves Kagome (when taken by herself).[/quote]
I do believe that my point stands. Rebuttals are always welcome, of course. :animesmil

~Dagger~

You'd be less hard pressed to find a true Kagome fan than you might think. Check around the Adult Swim or Game FAQ boards. You won't find a lot of them, but they're definitely there. Of course, most of them use the exact same easily countered arguments to support Kagome.

"Kagome's nice!" Too nice. She drags her friends into danger for complete strangers on the regular basis, sometimes without their aproval.

"She has a sparkling arrow!" Plenty of anime characters have sparkling weapons. Only Sango has a giant boomerang. I have yet to hear anyone name off another character that uses Sango's weapon.

"She keeps Inuyasha in check, but she's still loyal to him!" Loyal enough to tease Koga and side with Koga every time that he and Inuyasha get into an argument. What a great girlfriend you are, Kagome! I'd be feeling a bit insecure too if my girlfriend was always being overly nice to another guy and giving him the snacks that she had brought for me.

"She wears a schoolgirl outfit!" Again, lots of anime girls do, and plenty pull it off better than she does. See the Sailor Warriors, for instance. Sure, they call them sailor uniforms, but they look almost identical to schoolgirl uniforms.

That's the start of the aforementioned list.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']"She keeps Inuyasha in check, but she's still loyal to him!" Loyal enough to tease Koga and side with Koga every time that he and Inuyasha get into an argument. What a great girlfriend you are, Kagome! I'd be feeling a bit insecure too if my girlfriend was always being overly nice to another guy and giving him the snacks that she had brought for me.[/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Verdana]I totally agree!!!!!! She's supposedly in love with Inuyasha but when ever Koga comes around she flirts with him!! It's so annoying! Koga needs to get over her... He only likes her because she can see the jewel shards anyways...[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]Hardly sooner said than done.

Since when does the love story alone define the character? There might have been more time spent developing Inuyasha's love triangle than the Sango/Miroku relationship, but despite that, Sango is still generally more capable than Kagome and is definitely less of a hassel to the group.

Did I mention that I'm one of those oddballs that supports InuyashaXSango and MirokuXKagome? I've always thought those interactions were more interesting.

Also, have you noticed that Richard Cox (the guy that voices Inuyasha) sounds so much more passionate when he yells "Sango" than when he yells "Kagome"? I was noticing that when they fought that last moth demon... Even Cox knows that Sango's better.[/QUOTE]

I just tthink that kagome is a better character. I know that Sango has more fight in her and can do more things, but kagome has this spirit in her that just is dieing to come out. Her getting captured is what makes her even more fasinating because of the chance of inuyasha rescueing her. i just like kagome better thats all. Kagome knows but doesnt know that inuyasha loves her until later on. Kouga is just there to make inyasha mad. She has her ways and so does Sango.:p

[quote name='sbrebaby']I just tthink that kagome is a better character. I know that Sango has more fight in her and can do more things, but kagome has this spirit in her that just is dieing to come out. Her getting captured is what makes her even more fasinating because of the chance of inuyasha rescueing her. i just like kagome better thats all. Kagome knows but doesnt know that inuyasha loves her until later on. Kouga is just there to make inyasha mad. She has her ways and so does Sango.:p[/quote]

So her helplesness, her stupidity, and her ignorance as a result is what makes you like her? Those aren't good traits.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']So her helplesness, her stupidity, and her ignorance as a result is what makes you like her? Those aren't good traits.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]now i want you to open your eyes.. now that they are open. I just like kagome better than Sango. She is more interesting to me. she doesnt seem to be as stupud as you think so mabey you will want to look at her one more time before you insult me. :mad: [/COLOR]

[quote name='sbrebaby][COLOR=DarkRed']now i want you to open your eyes.. now that they are open. I just like kagome better than Sango. She is more interesting to me. she doesnt seem to be as stupud as you think so mabey you will want to look at her one more time before you insult me. :mad: [/COLOR][/quote]

A quote from you:

[quote name='sbrebaby][color=DarkRed']Kagome knows but doesnt know that inuyasha loves her until later on.[/color][/quote]

That's what you said. One of the reasons why you like her is because she's too stupid to figure out that Inuyasha likes her. And when you don't know something, you're ignorant.

BTW, Kagome definitely knows that Inuyasha likes her. You know how she refers to him as her boyfriend? Yeah. That speaks for itself. And she started doing that 50+ episodes ago.

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]A

That's what you said. One of the reasons why you like her is because she's too stupid to figure out that Inuyasha likes her. And when you don't know something, you're ignorant.

BTW, Kagome definitely knows that Inuyasha likes her. You know how she refers to him as her boyfriend? Yeah. That speaks for itself. And she started doing that 50+ episodes ago.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]ignorence is not stupidity by the way. and i know what i said and that is not what i mentR]

[quote name='Bloodseeker']But her stupidity is what allowed her to remain ignorant.[/quote]

[COLOR=Blue]Ah but she is ignorent not stupid. you just contridicted yourself in saying she is stupid for stupidity is not ignorence. Such as i like her because she reminds me of my sister who is fourteen, they both act dumb but in all reality they are ignorent. there lays the problem. Kagome is not stupid therefore she is ignorentley young and unsure of herself. so as my family says "Salicam a salom." or love is ignorent. just a hint of how i feel about kagome and inyasha :angel: [/COLOR]