OtakuBoards

Graduation

Pumpkin

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Well when I graduated in 1993(yes I am old), it was very humid and while I was standing outside, a past friend of mine(who I had moved to get away from)showed up. She was wearing school colors and everything. She had used my SS# to track me down. Anyway she walked up and tried to hug me and everything. I was so angry and told her to go home. She ran crying to her mother's car. She thought I had forgiven her for all she'd done. So needless to say it was pretty much screwed up by then. :animeangr

To answer the question of my dreams-well I had hoped to jump right into college and be an archeologist. But there was no funding so off to work I went...one thing came after another. Needless to say the fact that I am 31 and a freshman in college should tell it all. So no unfortunately I haven't fulfilled my dreams yet..but I will!! :catgirl:

Graduation...I'm not to worried. It just means that I'll be getting out of the public education system and into an atmosphere where people actually want to learn. I graduate on May 18 next year, not too far away.

Only...even though I try not to have any regrets, I do have a few; Never going to Home Coming, Never finding a few girls I can go to the mall with, Never been on a real date, and never finding a boyfriend.

I think that last one was ammended recently, but I'm not sure.

I personally think I'll have an edge over my classmates when we graduate because I, technically, am already in college. It's a program the schools in my county have with the local community college that allows the student to take college classes for credit both at the college and toward their graduation from high school. From this experience, I can only say one thing:

Don't be afraid of college.

There is my spiel. I'll stop before i get carried away.

i graduated last school year so as of now im a college freshie....

graduation was pretty painful for me, i had a blast during all my highschool years...i admit some part of my highschool life was "unfullfilled" but as wacky as it gets it was an awesome experience...after a while you get pretty close with pretty much all your so-called "batchmates" it starts as a freshmen, you build more and stronger bonds as a sophomore, you build more bonds as a junior, making senior year the peak of all highschool life...

i did manage to tell my biggest crush on how i felt hehe now im in a relationship ;)

after graduation, the bonds you made with people are still there but you wouldn't see them as much...they start to weaken, no matter how much you don't like highschool you'd start to miss it eventually...

as for college i took the course i wanted and which school, i cant say that my dreams were fullfilled since im still a freshie, but im working on it..you can't believe how much freedom you get in college...

I'm graduating in January so I'm happy. The fact of the matter is that I regret my last year in high school, I could have done better and I regret ever going to Florida to study I should have insisted my father on staying in New Jersey. Well my thought on my last years have been sad, lonely, hyper, happy, tired, lazy, and the oh so mighty I don't like my teachers. By the way this high school is my fourth high school in four years so I have a variety of experiences from high school I have to say my high school in NJ rocked, Go Crusaders!, my new high school is okay but I'm glad to be leaving, just that I have to take 10 exams because the North Carolina state requires some weird exams to graduate. :animeswea

I'm in England so the system's a little different. I graduated from senior school 2 1/2 years ago and to tell you the truth no one there really intrested me, I've only kept contact with a few lovely people, one of which has moved to Wales, the other is going to Austrailia soon, and the other is in the Navy so I don't see much of him!

I graduated from college this year and that was slightly more saddening. If it weren't for the fact that I was pissing myself with excitement about uni then it probably would have been worst. I've kept it contact with a lot of people from college, but distance is breaking the relationships up.

As for now, I'm in uni doing a short course in art. I'll be getting a diploma next year (pretty soon actually) and I've bonded with a lot of people but I've only known them for a very short time!

All this, and I've never had a graduation ceremony!

[color=DarkSlateBlue][font=Trebuchet MS]As it's only about 5 months old and seems to be generating an okay amount of discussion, I'm not going to lock this thread. But [b]DeityTheGreat, [/b]bear in mind that you shouldn't bring back threads that have dropped off the first page (as a rule of thumb, if the last post was more than three months ago, don't resurrect). In future, start a new thread instead.[/font][/color]