OtakuBoards

Graduation

Pumpkin

I came to this subject while reading the post "Infamous Prom" and got me thinking about Graduation. I know for one that I'm glad and excited to be graduating and to be out of highschool. I can honestly say that it hasn't been the "best experience of my life". I wanted to know what you all think.

To those who are graduating this year, what are your thoughts? Do you have any regrets or wish you could go back and do something that you never tried? Are you sad about leaving?

To those that are still in highschool what do you think about graduating and how do you think you'll react?

To those who've already graduated, what were your plans for when you graduated highschool and did you get to furfill your dreams? If not, what happened instead and how do you view your over-all experience? Would you ever want to go back and do it over again? What would you do differently?

Please share your thoughts.

Hmm... Nobody else is graduating?

Well...I am...Graduation is the 19th...and the practice is the 18th for me...

It was a weird sensation for me...I was incredibly happy knowing that summer was around the corner and everything was coming to a close...but a few days ago...when I read everything that everyone wrote in my yearbook, I got depressed knowing that I have to leave behind friends and the town I grew up in after summer...I say that because I'm going out of state for college...Then I just started thinking of everything that happened during my high school years...Dances, concerts, my first girlfriend, my first job, beer, parties, the fights at the parties, the vicious breakups, the teachers, my first car, etc...and these four years...it feels as if I've done nothing...I'm just lying there awe-strucken at everything that happened...

I guess I'm sad that I am leaving...but I'm happier guessing what will happen at college...hopefully it will prove to be better than highschool...

I wonder what will happen next...I guess I'll just have to live through the few moments of sadness when I actually have to say good-bye to everyone I met...

I graduate in 07. I think that it's both a depressing and happy moment in your life when you graduate becuase you're leaving all your friends that you've grown up with behind. I've lived in my town for my entire life and leaving high school is going to be hard on me becuase I know I'll never see any of the people I grew up with again.
On the other hand it's another step into adulthood. No more high school drama. If you're going to college it's going to be a much more mature sense and it will be entirly different from your previous learning experiences. Much more of an enviroment that one can learn in succesfully. I'm looking forward to graduating two years from now. I tell everyone who's not graduating to cherish your time in high school. It's the last time as a true kid.

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]I'm not having a 'graduation ceremony' as such, but this Wednesday, May 18th, is my last day of school ever. I'm ready for it and I'm not sad - there are a lot of people I like but a lot of people I won't miss in the least.

[quote name='Box Hoy][size=2][color=Black]...[/color][/size][/size][/color]I know I'll never see any of the people I grew up with again.[color=DarkGreen'][size=1][/quote]
Whyever not? If you're upset about leaving them behind, stay in touch. My parents keep telling me they're jealous of our generation, because what with the Internet, email, mobile phones and instant messaging (MSN, AIM) it's easier than ever not to lose touch with all your old friends from school. I know I'm going to make every effort to see certain people over and over, because I don't want to lose friends I've had for this long.
[/size][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Pumpkin'] To those that are still in highschool what do you think about graduating and how do you think you'll react? [/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Graduation was so...I don't know how to describe it. :animesigh I was sad at first then so excited. I hugged a friend of mine that wasn't speaking to me at all. We didn't need an explaination, guess we've always been like that. When I wnt across the stage the band has a tradition of shouting, "R.B.P." which stands for Rebel Band Pride. I hugged my teacher before going. Two of my friends were sitting on stage and I said hi. I was almost in tears and it was a little difficult to smile for the camera when I received my diaploma.

Walking back to my seat I hugged my old chemistry teacher and my friend Monica hugged me. I didn't expect the rest of my friends to be standing in front of me.

They shouted my name and tackled me in a group hug. :animeblus I hide my head and cried, but I was so happy. I'll still see them so it isn't that depressing.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm supposed to graduate this year.
It's entirely my fault that I fell behind. If I wasn't so lazy, I would probably be leaving school with my friends.

It's depressing seeing them leave you behind.
Ah well, at least I can sit on the niners (freshmen) next year.

-ArV

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]What if you?re not in high school yet?[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]I just graduated from middle school on the ninth? and while it isn?t nearly as big it was pretty big to me.[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]The school I?ve been going to is a private school. It?s JK-12th grade and I?ve been going there since fourth. I?ve made a ton of great friends and because it?s some small I know practically everybody in the grade and I get along with everyone. Since it?s a private school you have to pay and lately tuition has been getting really high so eighth grade was my final year. Next year I?ll be going to the local high school. The local high school is huge and I know no one except my older brother. ?Anyways on to the question:[/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]For me my eighth grade graduation was pretty sad. I?m not all that great with keeping in touch with people and I?ve made many great friends and knowing that I?m leaving all of them behind while most of them still get to stay together (there are only I believe twelve of us who left out of around 90 to 100 eighth graders). So that?s very sad for me. Also I?m not very sociable and there are more people who I had really hoped to befriend who know I probably wont ever see again. (It?s not like I?m likely to bump into someone from school? the people from are school are from the whole DC metropolitan are? DC, VA, and Md.) I?ve had sort of mixed feelings about graduation I?m very sad to be leaving everyone but at the same time I?m somewhat excited (and nervous) about starting high school. [/font][/color]

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]As for high school graduation I can?t really say yet since I know nothing about the school, the type of friends I?ll meet, and the experiences I?ll have. I have no clue if high school will be wonderful and something I won?t want to end or awful and incredibly happy once it is over. (Though I hope the first!^^)[/font][/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#000080][color=navy][font='Comic Sans MS']I could go on and on about my feelings of leaving middle school... but I'm rather tired and can't get my thoughts organized, thinking about this has made me sad, and my mom is still yelling at me to go to bed.[/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=r2vq]I'm supposed to graduate this year.
It's entirely my fault that I fell behind. If I wasn't so lazy, I would probably be leaving school with my friends.

It's depressing seeing them leave you behind.
Ah well, at least I can sit on the niners (freshmen) next year.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Contraband was like that(Look at my site if curious.)...sigh...he came to the senior picnic, but I didn't go to that. He couldn't graduate with the rest of us because he tried to get home schooled, but it didn't work out. he has to go to summer school and complete all his credits...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Graduation was something I was looking forward to. I was looking forward to the little scenes in movies where you see friends hugging and smiling and jumping in slow motion, the parties...and all the fun associated with it. Unfortunately I did not get to experience any of that. :-(

I did graduate yes. But with like a month left of Junior year my mom moved for the most bogus reasons to Georgia. So, I had about a month of school down here before summer hit. And then come Senior year. I have classes up the wazoo and realize that people down here are idiots, no offense to those who live here. I made friends yes, but not like my friends back home in Wisconsin. These were just people to "chill" with for a year. Come college, I am never going to see nor talk to them again. Hell, I all ready don't even talk to them.

Because of all that, I decided not to attend the ceremony with the diploma and what not. Partly because I didn't want to graduate with these people, but also to deprive my mom the happy moment of crossing the stage and getting my diploma. *shrug* She was mad, but she didn't say too much about it. ^_^;; I've never really liked my mom, as you can probably tell.

But I am happy that I am no longer going to have to see these people ever again. *cough* Again, aplogies to those who live here.

I'm suppossed to graduate this month on the 20 from video production, i will have an associates of applied sciences and will have been in school only two years.

I plan on coming back next quarter, every three months is a quarter, and starting Digital Media Production. (DMP) It is bascially my associates degree with some web and design thrown in. I have always wanted to learn more design so i guess this is my chance.

My class is pretty small, 5 of us. Three girls and two boys.

After grad i guess i just want to take a small break and get ready for the work ahead.

I already graduated as well. May 22nd to be exact. It's going to be so weird for me to not be able to see the same people that I was so used to seeing every weekday once college starts.

Some people I may not be able to see again what with them going out of state and all and one of my friends who's like a brother to me has already left for the army. But all is not bad. I'm still in contact with most of my other close friends.

Senior year went by so fast. Still, though, great times were had.

Graduation wasn't exactly great. Our school was so paranoid about us doing something stupid that they actually patted us down before the ceremony. But someone actually made it in with a beach ball. Apparently he inflated it during the ceremony and then threw it in the air. It was being played with by everybody for awhile before one teacher actually got a hold of it. It was so hilarious. Other than that, the ceremony was pretty boring.

Can't wait for college so I can take some real classes, haha.

[COLOR=Navy]I graduated last Saturday. I had fun all senior year with my friends playing video games...good times.

The graduation ceremony was boring. There was a beach ball, lots of marbles being thrown underneath the seats, bubbles, and silly string.

I guess I can't complain....there were four beach balls at my friend's graduation.

It was also hot, stupid...if you ever wanted to see tons of idiots in once place, all you had to do was watch the ceremony.[/COLOR]

I graduate next year and I'm kind of... I don't know...freaked out. For those few people who know me, I've been a foreign exchange student and I just got back to the states a few weeks ago. It was hard enough to leave everything behind here for a year, but this is going to be a lot LONGER than a year! [College I mean] Yes, I'm excited because I will get to spend my last year in high school with great friends and great teachers (although my schedule isn't that nice..), and I know that I'm not going to care about what others think (not that I did that much anyway). When people ask me how it feels to be a senior, I say "I don't want to think about that yet." I have to worry about scholarships, college applications, work, driver's license (no I still don't have it yet), play practice, violin, etc. That's a lot to put on a 17 year old! (I turn 18 in April)

In a nutshell, it's kind of a mix of fear and excitement for me.

I graduated a year ago. I'm home for summer vacation now after my first year of college. Graduation wasn't a big deal for me, not many people to miss, and those I did I knew I'd see again. Besides, you make a lot of new friends in college. Ah, college. I liked what one of the dudes up there said about it being a more mature place and a better place to learn...NOT! Now, I'm going to a private university, so maybe that has some effect on it. The guys here are NOT more mature than the people I know in highschool. A lot of them are idiots. There's always something being vandalized, and repairs get charged to everyone in the building/class when that stuff happens. A better place to learn, eh, maybe. Its a lot easier to slack off, there's more distractions, and the material is harder. Other than that, its a kick *** experience, except for freshman dorms...*cringe*

Yep, yep... I just graduated on the 10th. It was a tough year, but it was only tough because I made it so. Strangely enough, I enjoyed high school. Of course, that was probably only because I hated my previous school so much.

Now that I think about it, there was so much that I wish that I had done. I guess I should've taken the initiative a bit more. I could have done so much better in class if I had tried,and there will be so many people that I will miss hanging out with on a regular basis. Oh well, at least I got a few E-mails and phone numbers before the year ended so I won't be left totally out of the loop. Besides, I was actually involved in the school this year. I guess I'll just have to visit again sometime next year...

...But yeah, the ceremony was really lame.

• 2 weeks later...
Sigh... I dread graduation with a passion!!! I hate change and graduation represented the worst kind of change ever. It feels like...every thing that was holding everything and everyone together will just magically snap, and everything will just fall apart.

The ceremony was pretty cool, but before the ceremony they stupidly made all 500 something graduates sit alphabetically in our school gym, which was horriblely hot, and expected us to be...quiet. It make me wonder how such...mentally retarded teachers expected to keep us under control.

Now that its.....what ...almost a month since graduation, it still saddens me to think that all those people that I wa so familiar with, might not ever be apart of my life again.

But there is a good side to graduation, at least we aren't held prisoners anymore to those stupid curriculums and limitted to only so few subjects. I have more freedom than I've ever had (which sometimes makes me a little too giddy for my own good) and I SO love it! ...Though.....I haven't started college yet so....I might change my mind.

Now that the nervousness of an impending change is over with, I kinda looking forward to learning new things and being able to depend on myself.

Now that I've have shared my two cents I will go off and explore this new domain.... :D

I graduate in two years, but I'm already feeling the hurt since almost all of my friends were seniors. I only keep in touch with like two really close ones and I've been trying to find some of the other guys' screen names and phone numbers, etc. I really can't imagine school without some of them, My senior year is going to be even more depressing since a lot of my junior friends will have graduated and all I'll have are my younger friends who don't amount to that many.

I graduate in 3 years and will miss a bunch of this years seniors, including one of the funniest people I have ever met.

But graduation with release me. No more "Can I do this? Can I do that?" crap I have to go through now. My mom feels I have to call someone everytime I go to Mcdonald's down the street.

well i just graduated from middle school earlier this month all i can say is that i cried i hugged and i cried somemore. well i played piano at graduation and own an award. the award was kool. when i was palying piano i was so scared my whole body was shaking i coudn't even press the pedal correctly cuase my leg was shaking so much. lol i'm gonna miss all my friends that are going to differant highschools. all the times we had. man i feel like crying now. i ahve to stop

[quote name='mary no jutsu']well i just graduated from middle school earlier this month all i can say is that i cried i hugged and i cried somemore. well i played piano at graduation and own an award. the award was kool. when i was palying piano i was so scared my whole body was shaking i coudn't even press the pedal correctly cuase my leg was shaking so much. lol i'm gonna miss all my friends that are going to differant highschools. all the times we had. man i feel like crying now. i ahve to stop[/quote]

If your high school is anything like mine, you'll be fine. I still talk to all my old middle school friends and I've made lots of new friends that changed my life. We actually have a school "lottery" program going on where the state throws incoming high school freshmen into a random school in the county, so that's rather tough, but you meet a lot of new friends that way as well. All in all, you'll be fine after your first week.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#DC9B99]Graduation is the most boring event ever. You basically sit around for a long time just for a chance to be on stage for 15 seconds. lol

My highscool graduation was a bit nice because I get to hug everyone (including my crush back then *giggles*) and make up with my enemies.

I'm hopefully graduating from college this year and it's a good feeling. School is finally almost over for me. I'm still thinking about whether to attend the ceremony or not, though. Cause yeah, as I said, it's boring and it must be a hundred time more boring than my highschool graduation because of the hundreds of students graduating this year. Plus, it's just added expense.:animesigh [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I to graduated this year, May 27th was my last day, June 5th was my graduation. I liked high school so I know I'll miss it. I had great teachers, and friends, and I have tons of memories.

My original career plan was to become a manga artist and live in Japan, I've had this dream since middle school.

However, I've realized how difficult this would be for an American girl, who knows little Japanese. I'm really into working out and martial arts so now I hope to get into the Airforce and get a job that involves alot of physical activity to keep fit and enjoy.

This will also give me some money for college aswell. It'll still be hard though.

I still want to learn Japanese, visit Japan, and continue drawing.[/SIZE]

Graduation (if i have it correct) is the time when you leave compulsory education?

If so, then i graduate on the first of july, but i've already left school (we leave after our exams are done, but we officially sign off from the register on the first of june).

Graduation was great for me, as i no longer have to have anything to do with my school, or the people that go there. I hated that school, and almost everyone who went there, with college coming up in september, release has come, and i'll get to take some intilectuall subjects, rather than having to take lessons with people who don't know the difference between a supernova and a star.

• 4 months later...
[QUOTE=Ganymede]Sigh... I dread graduation with a passion!!! I hate change and graduation represented the worst kind of change ever. It feels like...every thing that was holding everything and everyone together will just magically snap, and everything will just fall apart.

The ceremony was pretty cool, but before the ceremony they stupidly made all 500 something graduates sit alphabetically in our school gym, which was horriblely hot, and expected us to be...quiet. It make me wonder how such...mentally retarded teachers expected to keep us under control.

Now that its.....what ...almost a month since graduation, it still saddens me to think that all those people that I wa so familiar with, might not ever be apart of my life again.

But there is a good side to graduation, at least we aren't held prisoners anymore to those stupid curriculums and limitted to only so few subjects. I have more freedom than I've ever had (which sometimes makes me a little too giddy for my own good) and I SO love it! ...Though.....I haven't started college yet so....I might change my mind.

Now that the nervousness of an impending change is over with, I kinda looking forward to learning new things and being able to depend on myself.

Now that I've have shared my two cents I will go off and explore this new domain.... :D[/QUOTE]

South High has a small gym how the hell did they fit every one in there? No wander it was so hot in there lol i bet the color on your gowns where fading.