OtakuBoards

presidental elections

Emme888

ok ... currently im running for president of my student senate at my school...

elections are today. I'm not really worried but rather excited.
Im already the vice president of the student senate.. and there's really no reason to worry now. If i win, i win. If i don't... o well i guess.

anyways... at my school there seems to alot a competition for office and other positions in the student government...

Is is just school, or is it like this everywhere?

Yes, it is pretty much that way [I]everywhere.[/I] It's quite sickening, I know.

But, remind yourself, at least your elections aren't rigged, like the recent U.S. Presidential election.

(If you disagree with the last comment, ignore it. I really couldn't care less.)

[QUOTE=Emme888]
Is is just school, or is it like this everywhere?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Presidential Elections, Schools, etc. Everything is included in this, since people like to compete. Its a natural instinct, I guess when your running for office for something, some people can take things a little TOO far. Just be sure that you don't get to opsessed with winning, that you forget the reason WHY your running. Your suppose to run for a good cause, but sadly most people just care about the shiny gold award or praise they get afterward. Thats life for you. [/SIZE]

I've perfected the art of not knowing [i]anything[/i] about student elections until the day after the elections have ended. It's a nice skill to have, and it's served me well over the years. I haven't really paid attention to a school election since middle school. :)

The presidential election was a different story. I voted in that, though I couldn't have cared less for either Bush or Kerry (or the Democratic and Republican parties in general, really). Since my allegiance lies with a third party, my vote won't mean jack for a long while. Oh well lol.

Unfit For Command...Farenheight 9/11...Moveon.Pac....Teresa Heinz-Kerry....God, the memories...get them out of my head!!!

Oh, you mean school presidential election? Thank God.

Well, in my experience, they're mostly shallow popularity contests. However, at my school, candidates gave out candy. And I took as much as I could get, and then didn't vote.

I'm an unfaithful political whore, apparently.

ummm of course they're all popularity contest... but at my school the unpopular kids out weight the popular ones. So i thought i had a chance. but its those darn band kids.. they vote in mass quanties .. so i lost.

its sucks... o well, i think? oh by the way the day i found out i won the election my boyfriend of 10 months broke up with me...

high school really does suck.