OtakuBoards

good mangas you like

Guest shadowsoul81

Guest shadowsoul81
i was wondering if someone can give me recommendations of different mangas that are good thinking of buying a few .Some animes too.I kinda like action and books like love hina and fruit basket or like negima.It doesnt have to be like any of those just like to read something new.

Try Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. There's also an anime, but it is still only Japanese.

In an attempt to explain it without giving too much away (spoiler tags used just in case), [spoiler]Tsubasa involves some of the characters from Card Captor Sakura, but it's about ten times cooler. Basic plot is Sakura is the princess of her world and, after an accident, looses her memories before she can confess to Syaoran that she loves him. Syaoran must then travel to other worlds in search of Sakura's memories or she'll die. [/spoiler]

[quote name='J2Assassin']Ai Yori Aoshi, A.I Love You, Van Von Hunter, Sgt. Frog, Excel Saga, Suikoden III: The Successor of Fate, Boys Be, Megatokyo (of course), Tuxedo Gin.[/quote]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Excel is funnier in the anime, I think personally. You might want to try M.A.R.S. that's a good one that my group likes. :animesmil If you can get a group of otakus and introduce a manga it's most likely if they like it a lot they'll buy the next one and you will cut down on money spending. "Demon Diaries" is a GREAT one too! :animesmil I know some more, but I wanted to let you know the good ones. (Inu-Yasha is good too. ;) ) I think Kare Kono is a good one, but the anime is pretty close. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]The best advice I can give to you is to check around the other threads in the Manga Workshop and see which series mentioned appeal to you. There's a thread about favourite manga [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46500]here[/URL] and various others around and about for people asking for recommendations. Take a look ^_^

In the meantime, I'm going to close this thread else it'll end up exactly the same as any other favourites/recommendations thread. If you've any further questions, feel free to ask.[/COLOR]