Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I want to know what other people think of this band. I think it's good, wholesome, satanism. In short, it's [I]awesome.[/I] Some people don't agree.

What do you think?
Posted
six feet under is by far the worst band i've ever heard. the only other band that comes close is cattle decapitation. that's not real music. interpol, the shins, l'arc en ciel, asian kung fu generation, orange range, now that's real music. or at least good music.
Guest Dicky Berrett
Posted
For a second I thought you were talking about the super cool show Six Feet Under. :(
  • 6 months later...
Posted
Six Feet Under is one of the worst Death Metal bands I've ever had the chance to listen to. I cannot understand why people would even enjoy this garbage. Oh well all I know is I could be listening to a lot better music that is actually about Satanism, since this band has nothing do with Satanism, then this.
Posted
Haha! My reply was quite a while back, and my opinion has changed since. I think Six Feet Under is quite possibly one of the worst Death Metal bands I've ever heard. And I don't know much about their lyrics, but I know enough to know that they have nothing to do with Satanism. Most bands that are "Satanic" simply use the Christian version of Satan to scare people. If such bands knew anything at all about Satanism, they'd know that Satanists don't even believe that Satan exists as a being - which is something many "Satanic" bands use in their lyrics.
Posted
Any real "satanist" knows many of the preconceptions of satanism are absolutely wrong. For example, the pentagram is actually a pagan symbol for the goddess, distorted by the tyrannical christian church, it does not mean you worship the devil and do sacrificial rituals. Also the word "Satan" comes from a Hebrew word meaning "opposer". A real satanist is just an atheist (such as me).

Most people who listen to this junk are just those kids who try to be cool and wear goth clothing to be different and have attention paid to them. Most songs like this *cough*American metal*cough* are redemeless. The music usually sounds like they just play as loud as they can and scream. Don't get me wrong, I like loud music as much as anyone else, but if you want to go dark listen to Dir en Grey or Malice Mizer.
Posted
[quote name='boombox bushido']that's not real music. interpol, the shins, l'arc en ciel, asian kung fu generation, orange range, now that's real music. or at least good music.[/quote]

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say "wrong".
Posted
Actually, the Pentacle is the symbol for godess worship (among other things). The Pentagram is inherently evil as it is a distortion of the Pentacle (the Pentagram is simply an inverted Pentacle). Yet still, many bands miss the point and just use it to be scary.

And why the hell would you bring up bands like Interpol or The Shins on a thread about Death Metal?
Posted
Decent instrumentals but other than that... mindless yelling.

Also, it's a Cannibal Corpse spin-off. Why did George Fisher start another band that sounds [u]exactly the same?[/u]

[u]THE MAN HAS NO DIVERSITY![/u]


Doesn't he also sing for "Corosion of Comformity"? I dont know.
Yeah, well. I'm not saying Six Feet Under is bad, it's just the same as Cannibal Corpse. I don't know about the lyrics, but the instrumental aspect of it is the same.
Posted
I disagree. I don't think Six Feet Under sounds anything like Cannibal Corpse. Six Feet Under is a very straightforward, simple Death Metal band, whereas Cannibal Corpse does a more complex grindy/brutal thing.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE=Killer7]Any real "satanist" knows many of the preconceptions of satanism are absolutely wrong. For example, the pentagram is actually a pagan symbol for the goddess, distorted by the tyrannical christian church, it does not mean you worship the devil and do sacrificial rituals. Also the word "Satan" comes from a Hebrew word meaning "opposer". A real satanist is just an atheist (such as me).

Most people who listen to this junk are just those kids who try to be cool and wear goth clothing to be different and have attention paid to them. Most songs like this *cough*American metal*cough* are redemeless. The music usually sounds like they just play as loud as they can and scream. Don't get me wrong, I like loud music as much as anyone else, but if you want to go dark listen to Dir en Grey or Malice Mizer.[/QUOTE]

True satanism has its roots in atheism, but it isn't the one in the same.
I don't necessarily think the goth clothing thing is a call for attention, and it definitely isn't an attempt at coolness. These days, coolness is influenced by hip hop, pop punk and right out pop. IE, pop culture, in which goths and TRUE punks (not the skater-type Sum 41 and Green Day kids we have now) don't have and may never have a place in. By the sacrificial rituals, you're referring to Satanic cults.
Finally, some forms of Satanism DO include worshipping the devil, although Their Satan isn't the same as the christian Satan and is even diefied into a type of Messiah. This differs to the Satanic wannabes the supposedly worship the Christian devil, and that's yet another example of trying to differ from the pop culture norm.
I conclude with this... I detest Malice Mizer. Sorry, but America is one of the forefathers of metal, not Japan. I have respect for them, but no liking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...