OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R1 M13: Anita (Read or Die) vs. Naru (Love Hina)

Bloodseeker

The pink haired brat vs. Keitaro's abbusive girlfriend! Go!!!11111

My only rule is to not spam up these threads. Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

I'm hoping that Naru wins, and I think that she will. I've only ran into large Anita fanbase at the G4 forums... hopefully they don't exist in mass here too.

Anita King (Read or Die the TV)
[img]http://img269.echo.cx/img269/760/untitled31ac.jpg[/img]

vs.

Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina)
[img]http://img269.echo.cx/img269/5199/leaves3004bh.jpg[/img]

This another case where I really like one character and don't like the other at all. Naru may have an abbusive side, but when she's not beating up on Keitaro for exposing her in public or walking in on her when she's naked, she's usually really nice to everyone. She also happens to be the smartest character in the series (in some respects), as well as Keitaro's motivation to keep going whenever he felt like he wasn't going to get into Tokyo University. Sure she had her bad points, but that's just the trait of a well developed character...

Anita on the other hand reminds me a bit of a (severely) toned down Chibiusa. (better known as Rini to the people that watched Sailor Moon on Toonami) She's always disrespecting her older adoptive sisters, who really had no obligation to bring her in or look out for her. She's obviously there for a bit of a cuteness factor too: a role that she doesn't play too well. On top of all this, she has a really stupid reason for hating books...

...and she's a little girl, you damned pedo wannabes! Naru looks better by default!

I voted for the brat.

Of all the girls in R.O.D the TV, I like Anita only marginally better than Maggie--yet in many ways she is the show's central character. Her personality is really well fleshed out; she suffers a lot over the course of the series, but she perseveres and demonstrates surprising courage and strength. I stongly disliked her attitude toward [spoiler]Yomiko,[/spoiler] but it's really hard not to sympathize with her in certain scenes. Her weird relationship with Junior is one of my favorite aspects of R.O.D the TV.

And I haven't seen Love Hina. :p

~Dagger~

I've only watched the R.O.D mini series and haven't gotten around to watching the TV series yet. so i really have no idea who Anita is. I have watched Love Hina a couple times through but at the same time Naru was one of my least favorites in the series. Her Holier-than-thou attitude and constant indeciseiveness always annoyed the crap out of me. But then again since i know zilch about anita i'll just vote for Naru.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Holier than thou attitude? I can't say that I remember anything even resembling that with Naru. Could you give me an example?[/quote]

Well the fact that she belittles and insults Keitarou in pretty much every single episode (not to mention the excessive punching in the face). She misunderstands pretty much every situation. She puts up a tough front and tries to hide or deny her feelings for Keitarou, and yet whenever he even talks to another female she again insults him, calls him a pervert and/or gives him the cold shoulder for no apparent reason. Her character gets better toward the end of the series, but not by much and then she starts all over for the Love Hina Again movies. Honestly i don't see much to like.

I only remember her unreasonably belittling Keitaro towards the beginning, before she really knew him. (most of the stuff towards the middle and end were things that pretty much anybody would made fun of him for) Sucking on her nose instead of kissing her on the mouth? I think that most girls would have made fun of him for that.

Gets on his case whenever he talks to another female? The only time that she got unreasonably upset over something like that was when Su was sleeping in his room. Wasn't she the one that thought that it was sweet that he was taking care of Shinobu? There was also one point when she was pushing for Keitaro to go for Mutsumi because [spoiler]she thought that it was her that Keitaro had made that childhood promise to.[/spoiler] It might have been some screwed up logic there, but its not like she had only herself in mind when she did that.

[spoiler]Yeah, she was a bit of a hypocrit towards the end (getting mad at Haruka for not confessing her feelings for Seta), but she ultimately got over that, even if it did take an over-the-top chase by Keitaro to get her to change her mind.[/spoiler]

Then again, I'm going off of what I read in the manga, so maybe her character is different in the anime. I haven't heard of any major changes in character between the two though.

definately, i must cast my vote for naru narusegawa. i've just seen eps 1 - the end of dvd 4, and i must say, naru rocks (for want of a better word).

while she does have one hell of a punch, she is a nice character (as bloodseeker said), and i can't help but laugh at the way she goes ballistic at kietaro.

Read or Die has a TV show?! Why am I always left out of the loop? :animecry: *sighs* Well, I mentioned earlier, that I've seen all Love Hinas, the specials and even Love Hina Again, and Naru is not really one of my favs, but she's not on e of my dislikes either...but she looks the best in Love Hina Again...In Love Hina, she just looked too big, her thighs were huge...but in Love Hina Again, the artist showed a more cuter side to Naru, and she looked more petite :catgirl: Well, I don't have to compare the two, especially since I've never even heard of the other girl...Word of advice: That pic makes Naru look way too muscular :animesmil I vote for Naru

[COLOR=#503F86]*dons hypocrite hat*

I've never seen Love Hina, but I can't stand to see Anita lose by such a huge margin >.> I think she's a great character with loads of charisma and she's certainly one of the more interesting Paper Sisters (even though at the moment I like Maggie better). I've only watched to the end of the second DVD, but she's still maintaining my interest, heh.[/COLOR]

[color=magenta]Everyone said Naru, but personally i would have to go with Anita King from R.O.D.:animeangr [/color]

[color=magenta]I mean Anita has some special abilities that Naru doesnt have. But Naru may have[/color]

[color=magenta]a 3,000 lbs slap, i would still have to go with Anita. Because again she has awesome[/color]

[color=magenta]paper master magic, and who knows, you might end up with alot of papercuts!:animesmil [/color]

[color=magenta][/color]

[color=magenta]TwoMoons[/color]

Naru's taken blasts from Su's weapons and Motoko's sword. I'm pretty sure that she can take a few paper cuts. She'd knock Anita almost into orbit, and I doubt that she'd survive the fall. (seeing as how she's not immortal like Keitaro)

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Naru's taken blasts from Su's weapons and Motoko's sword. I'm pretty sure that she can take a few paper cuts. She'd knock Anita almost into orbit, and I doubt that she'd survive the fall. (seeing as how she's not immortal like Keitaro)[/quote]
true. Naru has also survived countless assaults by mecha-tama, and the clumsiness of mutsumi otohime!

[COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][LEFT]Ha my vote goes for the paper sister Anita. She the best out of the paper sisters and she is really funny. She can be honest about her feelings and she is sometimes mean but she dosent mean it. She is nice an very good athete. She is also soo cute, she reminds me of a little cat. My vote denfitly goes to Anita. [/LEFT] [/FONT][/SIZE] [/COLOR] :catgirl:

Anita sounds more of a ghetto girl name than Naru. Naru sounds like a guy's name or something. And besides, if Anita learns to use defense with her moves and dogdes very well, Naru will just be in the way. That means she does more than paper cuts.