OtakuBoards

Die Erz

Onix

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Karl walked out of the diner, dazed. [I]The Lords of hell...Shades...Mephistopheles...I can't believe it...[/I] He opened the car door, slumping into his seat. He had promised Kristan he'd be home soon, but the meeting had taken longer then expected. He drove off towards home. But he took the long way. There was to much for him to think of. He drove onwards, absentmindedly. A black flash flew over his car, with horrid yellow eyes. [I]A Shade[/I].

Karl slammed on the brakes and looked into the darkness, but it was gone. But he was sure of it. It had been a Shade. He sat in his car, his disbeliefs finally confirmed. He didn't have time to contimplate it, however. A scream split the night silence. KArl jumped out of his car and ran in the direction of the scream.

A young woman was sitting their, all alone. She was just sitting there, motionless. He approached her, and her head tilted back. Her eyes glowed a bright yellow and her mouth hung open. She had fangs.

[B]"Die!"[/B]

Karl jumped backwards as the shade took it's original form. Karl raised his sleeve, exposing his rings. He snapped and a plume of flame danced around his hand. He shot it at the Shade, but it jumped out of the way. It clawed at Karl's shoulder, connecting. Karl growled and jumped backwards again. He pulled out a handgun and waite for the Shade to come at him again.

It lunged directly forward, and Karl aimed at its forehead. Karl lit the bullet ablaze when it fired from the gun, and it struck the Shade with dead accuracy. A blood-curling scream tore from it as its ody disintegrated. Karl sighed and ran back to his car, driving home as quickly as he could. He had to make sure Kristan was okay.

He got home in no time, and pulled swiftly into his driveway. He jumped out of the car, ran to the door, and quickly unlocked it. Kristan was sitting there, watching tv. He sighed hapily and took a seat next to her. He held her close and kissed her passionately. He took her hand in his and it squeezed it gently.

[B]"There's something I need to tell you."[/B] He spent the rest of the night explaining the meeting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]"Are they coming?"[/B] Dr. Nesbitt asked, her voice a low, frightened whisper.

[B]"The Demons, all of hell, evil itself?"[/B] Wolfgang said, clarifying without needing to.

Dr. Nesbitt nodded.

[B]"Yes. They are, and I think I'll need your help when they do."[/B]

Before giving Dr. Nesbitt a chance to respond, a thought struck Wolfgang's mind. He quickly lunged from his chair, grabbing the phone off its cradle, dialing the number to his home at supersonic speeds.

[B]"Alyssa is going to skin me..."[/B]

[B]"A...Alyssa?"[/B]

Wolfgang sighed. [B]"My sister...her fury rivals that of Hell itself..."

"What was that, dear brother?"[/B] was Alyssa's cold growl.

[B]"N-Nothing, dear sister,"[/B] Wolfgang said, laughing weakly. [B]"I was simply calling to inform you that I have, indeed, arrived at the good Dr. Nesbitt's lodging without incident."[/B]

[B]"And why did you not call immediately upon arrival?"[/B] Alyssa hissed. [B]"Did it slip your mind in all the excitement?"[/B]

Wolfgang blanched, leaving Dr. Nesbitt rather confused. What kind of harridan could have this effect on such a powerful, confidant man?

[B]"I...I merely began talking with Miss Nesbitt, and..."[/B]

Alyssa snorted. [B]"Miss Nesbitt, eh? Talking, oh? Sounds to me like there is more to the story..."[/B]

Wolfgang flushed. Whether it was from embarrassment or anger, only the good doctor himself could know. He growled into the phone in rapid, acidic German. After a few bouts of the gutteral dialect, intersperced with brief pauses, Dr. Faustus bid his sister "Gutentag" and placed the phone back in it's cradle, grabbing his glass of brandy and taking a quick swallow.

[B]"There is no talking with that woman,"[/B] he sighed, slumping back into his chair.

Dr. Nesbitt smiled sympathetically and poured him another glass of brandy. He thanked her quickly before taking another drink.

[B]"I thank you, Dr. Nesbitt,"[/B] Wolfgang said after a long pause. [B]"For listening to me, for believing me, and, most of all, for giving me liquor. Alyssa rarely lets me touch the stuff."[/B]

[B]"You can call me Beth, if you like, Dr. Faustus,"[/B] Beth said. Then, out of nowhere, she smiled wryly. [B]"And, though it may be bold to say, I find the idea of a German who doesn't drink rather amusing."

"It is a sad state,"[/B] Wolfgang agreed, nodding somberly. [B]"You may call me Wolfgang. But not Wolf, or any diminutizations."

"Well, then, Wolfgang,"[/B] Beth said, rising to pour them both another drink. She lifted her glass, smiling warmly. [B]"To new alliances, and good drink."[/B]

Wolfgang smiled back, clinking his glass against hers.

[B]"Here, here."[/B]

An empty glass later, Beth looked at her fellow doctor with concern in her eyes.

[B]"Are you sure you can get home all right, Wolfgang?"

"Of course. I am a good, hearty, German man. It would be a shame if I couldn't hold my liquor."[/B]

To prove his point, he stood up quickly. He failed to prove said point, however, as he staggered to the side and caught himself only by placing a hand on the bedpost. Unceremoniously, he fell over onto the bed.

[B]"Okay...maybe I am a wee bit drunk."[/B]

[size=1]This ended up being much longer than I expected. Oops. ^_^;

It was getting late, Deirdre knew, but she was feeling restless after dinner and she did not cherish the idea of walking back to her hotel room. She could not shake the idea that she was oddly out of place here, either. If she was going to be of any help at all, she was going to have to study up some, and pay closer attention to her gut instinct. At least she had the assurance of knowing that in that regard, she was never wrong. And then there were always her nightmares?

She wandered around for a while. Part of her just wanted to get a feel for the city, and another part of her might have been out looking for something else. Trouble. A good time. Usually those were about the same thing. Deirdre pulled her jacket sleeves over her hands and shook her head, smiling inwardly. She really was incorrigible. But at least she could admit it, she thought. She knew what kind of woman she was.

Sometimes a slight worry would find its way into the back of her head. Was she doing enough? Was she giving her full, one hundred percent? She had been given her talents for a reason, she knew full well. She, with her wild temper and dark nightmares, had a purpose, and by God, she would see to it that it was done. And she was confident in her beliefs, however much they strayed from the mainstream doctrines. Her God would not have given her different skills and talents if he didn?t want her to use them. And he certainly wouldn?t have made her as crazy as she was if he didn?t want her to shake things up a little.

There was a sudden bit of malarky ahead of her and she raised her eyebrows. She wasn?t quite sure who was fighting who, but there were some definite raised voices and unhappy looks in that group. Her lips quirked up in a wry little smile and she ventured closer, moving one hand to her bag and the other in her pocket casually.

It was a group of men and one girl. And now Deirdre, of course. Her quick eyes surveyed the scene and she began to think that maybe all of this was over the girl... she was being held quite possessively and there were a couple guys who didn?t seem to like that at all. As she approached, one man eyed her up and down from his spot against the wall. Dressed in jeans and leather, his dark hair pulled back in a small ponytail, he seemed to be living in a James Dean movie. He eventually spoke up, his German quick and guttural.

Deirdre had no idea what he was saying, and she shrugged to show this. Her smile never wavered. His acknowledgement of her presence had caught most everybody?s attention and now a few men were muttering back and forth in low tones. The German James Dean said something else, which brought forth some snickers from the other men, before he addressed her in broken English. ?You are lost??

She glanced at the girl, who had remained impassive up until this point. Her hair was a dark blonde color, with streaks of blue, and her eyes were heavily shadowed. That didn?t hide the fact that she was now looking at the Irish woman as though she were a godsend, though. The man holding her, a greasy blonde, yanked on her arm and the look was quickly dropped. ?No,? Deirdre said easily, and leaned most of her weight on her right leg casually. ?What?s the skinny with the girl??

He narrowed his eyes a little, and she could see him trying to figure her out. Good luck, she thought, and smiled a little wider. ?None of your business,? he said. ?Get lost, [i]Gertrud[/i].?

Deirdre decided then that she wasn?t going to leave until she hit someone. That was also when the other girl gave the guy next to her an elbow to his face, knocking him flat on his back. She spit on him and said something that sounded positively insulting before yelling at Deirdre, ?Go ahead and hit that fucker, I?ll do the rest.?

The Irish woman arched an eyebrow in her direction but was still able to duck the charging swing from James Dean. From there she rammed her shoulder into his gut and pushed him back. That was a hard enough hit to give her plenty of time to knee him in the balls. He cursed something awful and fell to his knees, and then over. Deirdre glanced over at the other girl in time to see her do something she hadn?t expected at all ? perform a bit of black magic.

The sisters had said that Germany would be an exciting place for her, but Deirdre hadn?t exactly expected all of this. The other men went down, as the girl had said, and Deirdre began to wonder if this meeting wasn?t just some coincidence.

James Dean?s quick string of German ? no doubt incredibly profane ? caught her attention and she glanced back at him. ?I hit hard for a lass, huh?? She said, and then crouched next to him. ?Next time don?t call me a bitch, you stupid wanker.? She hit him then, and the spray of blood from his mouth and nose decorated the wall to the left of him.

Deirdre stood, and shook her hand out. The girl had taken down a few of the others, and let the rest run. She stood with her hands on her hips now, using the moment to catch her breath. With a nod towards the Irish woman, she said, ?Thanks for the help.?

?No problem,? Deirdre shrugged, and adjusted her bag on her shoulder. ?So you know a bit of spells, do you??

The girl grinned, and pulled her hair over her shoulder. ?A few.? She reached into her jacket and produced a small, blue card, and handed it to her. ?There. I?m Adelaide, and I know why you?re here. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you all.?

Deirdre glanced at her, and glanced at the card, accepting it. The card only had the name Adelaide Lutz written across it in small script, with a number on the back. ?Of course,? The Irish woman agreed, and shook her hand before smiling at the blonde. ?It?s been a pleasure, Adelaide.?

Adelaide returned the gesture, and then started back down the street, kicking one of the downed men as she passed. ?I?ll see you around then, Ms. Kearney.?

Deirdre raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her head. ?Huh,? she sounded, before turning the other way. Interesting way to make friends, she thought, and shook her head a little.

Despite her little adventure, the Irish woman still felt no more ready to return to her hotel then she did before. She thought she might like to be around people right then, as strange as it sounded. Something had to be open this late, some kind of diner, maybe. She could get a slice of pie and something warm to drink.

On her trek back the way she?d previously come, an old, wooden café sign caught her eye and she decided immediately that this was her stop. She entered the little corner establishment and took a quick look around. It was clean, and not too bright, like some diners are prone to, and the dominating colors were yellow and green. The waitress on hour gestured for her to sit anywhere. Deirdre headed for a corner booth and the waitress followed, sliding her a menu. She began speaking in German, and Deirdre couldn?t understand a word.

?She is asking for your drink order,? A man said, from the counter. She glanced over and recognized her sexy bartender instantly. He smiled, and picked up his mug of something and joined her at the booth.

Deirdre grinned and leaned forward on her elbows. ?Something warm. Surprise me.?

He said something to the waitress in his beautiful, deep voice and then she nodded, gave them a remarkably fake smile, and then went to get her drink. Deirdre watched her go for a second before looking back to the bartender. ?Fancy meeting you here,? she said, chin in her hand.

?Best pie in town,? he told her, and sprawled his legs out under the table, nudging hers. If that wasn?t enough, he reached over and took her hand, kissing her knuckles. ?Even better now.?

?You weren?t nearly as charming in the bar,? she said with a smirk. He glanced up at her, his own smile slightly mischievous. ?Not allowed to pick up costumers on the job, sweetheart.? And then as an after thought, he asked, ?What has happened to your hand??

She glanced at her knuckles, which were beginning to bruise a little. ?Oh,? she coughed, ?I hit someone.?

He raised his eyebrows. ?The blonde guy at the bar, I hope.?

Deirdre smiled as his lips continued to move over her hand. ?Unfortunately, no. Some other tosser. So you?re picking me up, are you??

He smiled.[/size]

[size=1][color=#C82356]?Wolfgang has gotten on my last nerve. I think it?s time to visit [i]Dr. Nesbitt[/i] a slight visit.?

A fluttering was heard from a black hawk that perched itself on the rails of the balcony. She looked to her pet and sighed, knowing that she could wait for her brother at home. She sighed once more and stepped off of her bed. She walked to the balcony and looked out to the night sky. It was clear and beautiful, just as it had always been, though the night wasn?t calm as it had been before. Evil walked amongst the humans and all anyone could do was sit and watch as they allowed others to walk into the human dimension.

?So, it?s been beginning. It?s only a matter of time before they arrive, before all of them come to us. But the question isn?t when will they arrive, but will we be ready? Alas, that question goes unanswered. We have but a long way to go, don?t we, Horus??

The black hawk merely cooed in reply and fluttered its wings. A smile came from Alyssa?s lips before she lightly scratched his chin. She was pleased to know that there was at least someone in the house that listened to her. Alyssa took in a fresh breath air, and then jumped onto the balcony rail, looking out into the yard. It was time that she had practiced her suspension in the sky.

?Come along, Horus. It?s time that I learned to fly.? With that Alyssa jumped off of the rail throwing a rice paper into the air and calling, ?Auslüften Federung!? In German, it had meant Air Suspension, a simple spell that allowed Alyssa to stay suspended in the air for however long she wished. She had discovered this while flipping through a demonic magic book a while back before her brother had called the others. ?I?ve got it! Wait, what?s happening?? Somehow, Alyssa?s spell began to dissolve and her magic was failing, making her speed towards the ground.

Horus screeched a large cry and flew with Alyssa as she began to accelerate towards the ground. With quick instincts and reflexes, Alyssa was able to land safely onto the ground; except that she did not care she was safe, only that she wasn?t able to attempt a greater amount of air suspension. She growled and walked back into the house with Horus following behind.

A slam of the door and the phone rang once more. She knew it to be her brother, for who else would call at a bloody high hour? Alyssa walked to the phone and picked it up, not even answering.[/size][/color]