OtakuBoards

Cooking...

Bloodseeker

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]No one's really talked about desserts yet...hmm...I'm good at making those. But in regards to this, all I really have to say are two words.

Strawberry Millefeuille.

This French dessert is so delicious. Although, I can't really find a recipe for it, there are a few different ways to make it.

[quote name='Panda][I']On the rare occassion I actually gain control of the kitchen I love to make teriyaki chicken.[/I][/quote] Teriyaki Chicken is incredibly...okay...it just rocks. Heh. Now, I'm tempted to go run at get some from the mall.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well... You guys just went and made me hungry again. Thanks.

But seriously, my kid brother wanter to be a cook for the longest time (Now he just wants to be a pro soccer player... Ah, the dreams of a 12 year old ^^) Anyway, he made some awesome stuff. I'm not really a cook, but I do love making toasted sandwitches. The awesome thing about them is... Everyone likes them! From the vegetarian (Me ^^) to the meat lover in the family! Whatever ingredients you want! My favorite is below...

You take some whole weat bread (Or white... I like weat better.) and you add slices of Avacado, mozzerella, artichoke hearts, random vegatables, and olive oil and just heat up in the oven (Or microwave, if it suits you better.) It's really good.

I love to make brownies, too. My trick is to add a bit of chocolate syrup and chips to the batter. It makes them a bit creamier, with chockolate chunks. Awesome.

Note- Never puta rock in the microwave. It's not a good idea.

Another note- The meaning of the word 'Decedant' does NOT mean rich, it means filled with rot and decay. Look it up in any dicionary that is dated before 2001 when they attempted to change the legal meaning of the word because it was misused so often. Ever hear Red Lobster commercials that say 'Try our decedant shrimp platter!' or something like that? Yeah. Total misuse. The reason for that was some man in England was making fun of a king (Eh, I forget when and who...) But anyway, everyone thought he was trying to give the king a compliment, but in truth he was insulting him. That little fact will now drive you all crazy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Has anyone ever had a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich? It sounds terrible, but it's pretty good actually.

And speaking of sandwiches, I now want a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Yeah. That's what I get for even viewing this thread. Now I'm hungry, and it's 10:30 at night. Hmm...time to go rummage in the fridge.

Here's another good quick lunch for people that hate touching anything with any large amount of heat around it! This one's fairly well known, but there are enough people out there that haven't heard of it...

Get a small can of tuna, some mayonnasie, and some relish. And be sure to drain the tuna! You'll want a little bit more mayonnaise than tuna, and about a couple teaspoons of relish. Throw it all in a bowl and mix it up. Put it on a sandwhich with some cheese. That's the only way to eat a tuna sandwhich!

Speaking of mayonnaise, here's another severe wrong doing... using Miracle Whip! Mayonnaise is not supposed to be sweet! Disgusting...

[QUOTE=Kiyu-chan]I. Hate. Chicken. It is food from the devil I tell you!

Granted, this comes from eating nothing but chicken breast for months on end...(I'm still eating chicken...) :animedepr [/QUOTE]

WHAT!!???!!!

I LOVE CHICKEN!!! *LOL* :animesmil I think it's about the only meat I eat other than turkey, but you're right about ground turkey. Doesn't taste that good.

I can cook, but I need a cook book. :animeswea My forte is sweets and cake though.

• 2 weeks later...
ok, here's a recipie of mine for "super menchi steak"

first, take a large dish, finely cut up about five chillies, taking the seeds out of four and a half of them, and place them in the dish, finely dice a red onion, and add it to the dish, crush three cloves of garlic, and add to the dish, put about half a bottle of soy sauce into the dish, three tablespoonfulls of sake, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a teaspoon of sugar, salt, and pepper all into the dish. mix it well, and lay some prime steak in the mixture, make sure the stakes are well coated, and leave it in the fridge for three days.

after the three days, baste the steaks again with the mixture in the bowl, and place them on a preheated griddle, at a high temperature - cook to your preference, and serve with whatever you feel like.

• 8 months later...
[COLOR=#656446]Hope you guys don't mind me resuscitating this thread 'cause I gotta ask one [b]very[/b] important question:

[b][u]How do you chop onions without getting weepy?[/u][/b]

Someone used to dice onions for me (yes, I'm a diva even in the kitchen) whenever I cook but just last month she said I'd better start preparing them myself. I try to chop as fast as I can but apparently my eyes are hell-bent on making me give up my craving for onions. Got any tips for this Level 1 Onion Chopper?[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]A few tips from my friend:
1. Use a very sharp knife
2. Use eye-glasses
3. Open windows (if your kitchen had windows) to let onion's gasses out
4. Close your eyes (no don't! I'm just kidding!!!)

Hope that helps :animesmil[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446]Hope you guys don't mind me resuscitating this thread 'cause I gotta ask one [b]very[/b] important question:

[b][u]How do you chop onions without getting weepy?[/u][/b]

Someone used to dice onions for me (yes, I'm a diva even in the kitchen) whenever I cook but just last month she said I'd better start preparing them myself. I try to chop as fast as I can but apparently my eyes are hell-bent on making me give up my craving for onions. Got any tips for this Level 1 Onion Chopper?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Indigo]There are several ways that can help. One is to do this:

1. Put the unpeeled onion in the freezer.
2. Leave the onion in the freezer for about ten minutes.
3. Remove the onion from the freezer and peel it. The onion can now be sliced, chopped, or minced without tears.

I've actually tried this one and it works pretty good. If you don't have time for that using a very sharp knife helps since the job gets done more quickly.

Lastly, if you wear contacts for what ever reason it shields your eyes and you don't get bothered at all. Though you have to be careful not to rub your eyes or then it gets between the contact and your eye and then you have to remove the contacts and clean them.

Those are the only ways I know of. Though I don't wear contacts, I heard that one from a friend of mine who says it works.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=Indigo]There are several ways that can help. One is to do this:

1. Put the unpeeled onion in the freezer.
2. Leave the onion in the freezer for about ten minutes.
3. Remove the onion from the freezer and peel it. The onion can now be sliced, chopped, or minced without tears.

I've actually tried this one and it works pretty good. If you don't have time for that using a very sharp knife helps since the job gets done more quickly.

Lastly, if you wear contacts for what ever reason it shields your eyes and you don't get bothered at all. Though you have to be careful not to rub your eyes or then it gets between the contact and your eye and then you have to remove the contacts and clean them.

Those are the only ways I know of. Though I don't wear contacts, I heard that one from a friend of mine who says it works.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I do wear contacts so I can vouch for that one. As a result anytime there are onions that need to be chopped I'm the one who gets dragged into doing it. ^_^

I've also heard that using hot water to heat the knife can help too, though I've yet to try it. I'd have to take my contacts out and see if it actually worked. [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo']I've actually tried this one and it works pretty good. If you don't have time for that using a very sharp knife helps since the job gets done more quickly.[/COLOR][/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Did everybody know that when we cut an orange sometimes the fruit's juice just sprung out of it? I hear that's because we didn't correctly cut the fruit. There are actually some parts (dunno what exactly) of the fruit that need to be cutted perfectly so that it's juice won't sprung out.

Same goes for onion, there are some parts of it which produce gasses when we cut it unperfectly...

A very sharp knive helped us to cut those parts...that's another reason why you should use a very sharp knive to cut onions.

Hope that helps :animesmil, and sorry if you don't understand this post...I just lack variety of words on english and yeah, I realize it :([/FONT]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo'] If you don't have time for that using a very sharp knife helps since the job gets done more quickly.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That does work, I even have the scar from droping the knife along the top part of my arm to prove it. To be honost I love to cut things...no matter what it is. With my mom however almost having cut her finger off while cleaning out the blended...while it was still plugged into the outlet and...yeah I don't need to tell you any more. However now I am the one who has to cut everything. Yet I couldn't ask for a better wish... in a sense.

However Indifference is right, using a sharp knife and cutting as fast as possible is a good method as long as your hands are steady and you know where you want to cut it and exactly at what size you like it to be when you have cut it. I can feel the stinging sensation in my eyes just slightly. However this is only once I am done and there are no onions left to be chopped! Just be very careful though and...don't accidently cut yourself.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Bloodseeker']-NOT covering the casserole with a thick layer of chedder cheese! The melted cheese is what makes the casserole![/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Dude, no way. Frenchfried onions are the best casserole topping [i]ever[/i]. Seriously.

Of course, I hardly have anything but green bean casserole... but still![/size][/color]

[color=darkslateblue] I Love food. Love with a capital 'L'. I don't have any personal special recipes, but I make stuff at home all the time. Long list of foods I love: hamgurgers, fajitas, cornbread, breaksticks, onions, peanut butter, spaghetti with shrimp (I have my own take on the recipe), chinese take-out, kalbi/bulgogi/kalbi tang, sushi, fried chicken, pizza, lasagna, mangos, peaches, candy corn, caramel, smoothies, ice cream, chestnuts, cheez-its, corn chowder, clam chowder, biscuits and Jesus Christ I could go on forever.

Whenever I have enough ingredients I usually whip up fajitas with tons of sour cream and guacamole and salsa and it's incredibly drool-worthy. Most of the time I use a combination of chicken and shrimp with peppers, onions (a [i]lot[/i]), mushrooms, and more onions. I <3 onions. For some reason I never get tears in my eyes when I cut them. *shrug*

I'm pretty good with making salads, too, except not the lame kind that only has lettuce and tomatoes. It put [i]tons[/i] of stuff on it... boiled eggs, grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, pasta, and then basalmic vinegar... ok, my mouth is watering.

And I have a weird obsession with peanut butter. I slather apple slices with PB and eat them for breakfast or a snack, or I eat PB with oreas. Yes, stange, I know. Sometimes I'll eat strawberries with peanut butter, for crying out loud. Another thing I make a lot are random fruit salads. Except they're not healthy, because I put loads of honey on it. lol

I can make random Korean dishes as well, like bulgogi and kalbi (variations of beef), kalbi tang (beef stew), kimchee jjigae (basically a stew made from kimchee and you add in tofu and beef and whatnot...delicious), sticky rice, and dongkatsu (not sure if it's Korean, but it's beef covered with eggs and flour and bread crumbs and then fried). Then again, hot white sticky rice and good kimchee is an amazing meal in itself.

Also I am obsessed with smoothies and baking cookies.

Werid food-related fact about me: I've never had meatloaf. >_> And the fact that I wrote this huge post instead of studying for my chemistry exam is proof that I love food more than 90% of the world. [/color]

• 3 years later...
I like this thread very much.I want to give you the recipe of the pasta.
1.Cook the pasta in a pan of slightly salted water until it is cooked but still firm.2. 'Dry fry' the mushrooms in a non-stick pan until they are soft.
3. Add the pasta and yoghurt to the mushrooms, mix well.
4. Stir in the parsley.
5.Transfer to a warmed plate and sprinkle with the grated cheese.