OtakuBoards

Music Talk

Sun

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Lately i've been heavily influenced from bands like Rancid, Operation Ivy, Minor Threat, The Misfits (Although they are heavily over rated now-a-days), Suicidal Tendencies, Common Rider, and the Bad Brains. This music takes me away from reality and i think that this is what makes me like this punk genre.. Although, sadly, it has been turned into a big pile of a turd but i can live. I'm just wondering if anybody listens to the bands i listen to and maybe suggest new bands that i might be interested in.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23259&stc=1[/IMG]

Live it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yay! You like the real punk instead of bands like Green Day that go around calling themselves punk to make money! Minor Threat is awesome by the way. Their vocalist Ian McKaye (I think that's how you spell his last name...) helped start the Straightedge movement by coining the phrase and upholding the values in his lyrics.

I'm afraid I won't be much help suggesting new bands because I'm not really into the whole punk thing, but I hear that BLACK FLAG is pretty awesome.

I love the Ramones if that counts :P

Tool really influences me, they have the song for the right moment with me, If im depressed I listen to a tool song, same for angry. They really are a great Metal bands there lyrics are excelent and they always get there message out.

But if you want some awesome new bands, Trivium, Atreyu. There always good.

[QUOTE=Ænigma]I love the Ramones if that counts :P

Tool really influences me, they have the song for the right moment with me, If im depressed I listen to a tool song, same for angry. They really are a great Metal bands there lyrics are excelent and they always get there message out.

But if you want some awesome new bands, Trivium, Atreyu. There always good.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I'm a person who likes all music. I love it all. my personal favorite is rock! :animeswea have yal heard of chevele? this band is pretty good. :catgirl: [/FONT]

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']I'm afraid I won't be much help suggesting new bands because I'm not really into the whole punk thing, but I hear that BLACK FLAG is pretty awesome.[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh yes, [B]Black Flag[/B] is a great [I]real[/I] punk band. Judging from other bands you (Rising Sun) mentioned, i can tell you you'll love Black Flag. I highly reccomend The First Four Years by them. The only other thing i have from them is Rise Against, which is good too (Tim Armstrong and Lars Fredrickson sing a song in it).

Let's see, [B]The Ramones [/B] are good original punk, but not quite as hard or fast. My favorite punk band of all is [B]The Clash[/B]. London Calling was their best, but they have a greatest hits collection called Clash on Broadway, which covers all you need. A big one you would like is [B]The Dead Kennedys[/B]. They are pretty similar to Black Flag, that kind of thing. You may also like [B]The Sex Pistols[/B]. There are countless underground bands that can be great too, so just look around and you'll find good stuff. So, yeah, hope i helped.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]
I totally forgot to include The Clash and The Ramones. Yes i listen to them too. I've gotten some suggestions from friends about Black Flag and The Dead Kennedy's also. I haven't listened to any Sex Pistols but i'll check them out to see what they're like. If you like the more popish side of punk i do suggest Common Rider. Songs like "Where the Waves are Highest" and "Blackbirds vs. Crows" really gets stuck in your head. And for some reason i'm just not feeling any of the other Rock genres. The only people i listen to outside of this punk music are The Queens of the Stone Age. I only like a couple songs but they are cool to listen to.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23279&stc=1[/IMG]

Live it.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]