OtakuBoards

Metroid Omega: The Final Conflict [PG-VL]

Roxas

[font=Times New Roman][size=1]This is another Metroid idea of mine, please tell me what you guys think of it. I am going to try and make this a rpg if that helps any.[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=1]Deep with in the reaches of space, a new horror is slowly gaining power. A power so great, that if it was allowed to continue to gain power, it would be unstoppable. Even now, it possesses enough power to wipeout an entire galaxy. Only one person can stop it, but she?s going to need help.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=1]The Galactic Federation, a huge federation that keeps the peace in the universe, is currently unaware of the new threat. They are currently trying to help the Luminoth, a moth like race that inhabits the planet Aether, regain stability on their home world, which was devastated by a comet the had crashed into their planet. [/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=1]Samus, the well known bounty hunter, is also unaware of the threat. She went in search of the Chozo, a bird like race that helped Samus in her times of need. She has yet to find them and is still searching for even a small group of them.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=1]The Space Pirates, a huge group of pirates that want nothing more than self gain, are still mining Phazon form the galaxy. They have yet to care of its deadly potential, and will continue experimenting with it.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][size=1]Slowly the threat is gaining power. If it is not stopped soon, it will be too late. But it doesn?t seem as though the threat is going to wait until it?s unstoppable, for it is slowly expanding outward. Soon, it will be able to be spotted by anyone who wishes to do so. Yet it is only a matter of time until it won?t matter.[/size] [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=1]For the playable races, I am going to allow the use of humans, Luminoth, Chozo, and the Space Pirates. Noone will be able to be the new threat under any circumstance. Even if they are very good role players. I have a very huge idea instore for the "threat", and I don't want it being spoiled. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=1]So thier it is. Please tell me your opinions.[/size][/font]

I have some advice. First, I can't see the Luminoth factoring into the story, so you probably shouldn't include them (unless they are important to the story, of course). Also, the Chozo are, as far as I know, extinct. there are plenty of Space Pirates left, though, and I can think of quite a few ways to put them in the story.

And now, the most important point: remove Samus Aran. Yes, remove Samus Aran. First of all, the lack of already created characters makes it easier for a story to develop itself. Also, needing to be true to established characters makes an RPG a lot less accessable for people. So remove Samus from the story.

As for characters people play as, Space Pirates are definatly okay, as are Federation soldiers. Working in people with Power Suits is a bit more difficult, but probably essential to attract enough people for a successful RPG. Well, maybe not too dificult. The only trick is that the Power Suits were Chozo-made, so characters could only have gotten them from the Chozo. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the fact that Samus was infused with Chozo blood is important for the Power Suit's operation, and so having Chozo blood is essential for characters with Power Suits.

Well, there's my two cents' worth.

Trust me when I tell you that we are going to need every race in this war. So the Luminoth, with the few thier are, will still need to be part of the war. Luminoth are basically a different sub-race of Chozo. Being the insectoid version. They have all the same abilities as the Chozo and are just as strong.

The Chozo aren't extinct. The Metorid Prime handbook stated, that the Chozo "left for an unknown destination." They are still alvie, but how many are left I am not sure of, but I am guessing around a few dozen.

Are you mad! Do you realize how much weaker I would have to make the "threat" if I removed Samus. Even with Samus' help, their isn't much hope on anyones survival as it is. I had a very good plot idea that included Samus. I am not removing her. And, I never said she would be the main character. In fact she's staining behind the scenes through out most of this.

Humans= Federation. I never said peopel would have acess to the power suits. And just a side note. The Power Suit, is activated via the brain. the Chozo blood infusion was probably for stuff they had made that need a certain gene to work. Kinda like the gene the anceints had in Stargate Atlantis.

Sorry, if I sounded kinda rude, but I have but some thought into this. I may have to end up putting the "true" version that contains spoilers up here as well just so people can see what I mean.

[quote name='Amon']Trust me when I tell you that we are going to need every race in this war. So the Luminoth, with the few thier are, will still need to be part of the war. Luminoth are basically a different sub-race of Chozo. Being the insectoid version. They have all the same abilities as the Chozo and are just as strong.[/quote]

I wouldn't put them in just to have another race, but whatever. they're certainly a better choice than the Chozo (see below).

[quote name='Amon']The Chozo aren't extinct. The Metorid Prime handbook stated, that the Chozo "left for an unknown destination." They are still alvie, but how many are left I am not sure of, but I am guessing around a few dozen.[/quote]

Well, this all depends on where in the Metroid timeline you plan on placeing this RPG. See, Metroid Prime falls into the series timeline right after the original Metroid. If you're putting this RPG after the farthest along point in the timeline (Fusion), then wether or not there are any Chozo left is unknown. It really depends on where in the Metroid timeline you're putting this RPG.

Of course, I would still say to leave the Chozo out of it, for one simple reason: virtually nothing is known abou them. It's known that they were technilogically advanced, colinized more than one world, and are now extinct or virtually extinct. We also know that they gave Samus her Power Suit, and that Samus was raised by them. Certainly nowhere near the amount of informationthat would be needed for people to play as them.

[quote name='Amon']Are you mad! Do you realize how much weaker I would have to make the "threat" if I removed Samus. Even with Samus' help, their isn't much hope on anyones survival as it is. I had a very good plot idea that included Samus. I am not removing her. And, I never said she would be the main character. In fact she's staining behind the scenes through out most of this. [/quote]

I fail to see what Samus could do that nobody else could. She has two things going for her. 1: Skill. 2: The Power Suit. I see no reason that others can't be just as skilled as Samus, or even more skilled. As for the Power Suit, well, I've seen nothing that says the Chozo never gave anyone else a Power Suit. There's nothing Samus could do that nobody else could.

[quote name='Amon']Humans=Federation. I never said peopel would have acess to the power suits. And just a side note. The Power Suit, is activated via the brain. the Chozo blood infusion was probably for stuff they had made that need a certain gene to work. Kinda like the gene the anceints had in Stargate Atlantis.[/quote]

I've never seen Stargate, but I understand what you're saying. It's what I said: the fact that Samus has Chozo blood is probably important to Power Suit operation. And as I stated above, I've seen nothing to indicate that Samus was the only person to ever be given a Power Suit. Following that logic, there's no reason other people can't have been infused with Chozo blood. I'm not talking about huge numbers here, but there's no reason that a few people can't have Power Suits.

That would be my second two cents' worth.