OtakuBoards

Who besides me likes classical music?

Tyler Koregaten

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Garamond]I love classical music when I write or when I study, It helps me mellow out and focus. On top of it all its just gorgeous stuff. Too bad I play the guitar...[/FONT] :animeswea [/COLOR]

[quote name='Kotoko_Hikari][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Garamond]I love classical music when I write or when I study, It helps me mellow out and focus. On top of it all its just gorgeous stuff. Too bad I play the guitar...[/FONT'] :animeswea [/COLOR][/quote]

When i was in elementary school my parents used to tell me that listening to mozart make one understand the lessons better :D Don't know about that but i became more interested in his works after watching Amadeus basically (our teacher in primary school made us watch it)
I can really confirm that listening to Beethoven when ironing your clothes makes you forget about the torturous heat :)

I am in love with classical music and just anything instrumental. I think that after a while, you can get sick of peoples voices and lyrics. But classical/instrumental music never gets annoying. Jazz though has to be my favorite, it just makes you want to dance. :catgirl:

[quote name='randalion']I am in love with classical music and just anything instrumental. I think that after a while, you can get sick of peoples voices and lyrics. But classical/instrumental music never gets annoying. Jazz though has to be my favorite, it just makes you want to dance. :catgirl:[/quote]

I agree here! My personal favorite instrumental pieces are "Patterns in the Ivy" by Opeth (yes, Opeth is a progressive death metal band, but that song is a beautiful classical guitar piece), and "Dialougue With the Stars" by In Flames (I'm a sucker for two-part harmonies).

And I hate to digress, but while we're on the topic of orchestral/instrumental music, anyone here a fan of Scandinavian folk music? I love it so much! It's some of the most interesting music out there, in my opinion.

[font=Comic Sans MS][b]I'm a music whore, I admit it.

I was the first-chair 'cellist in the symphony orchestra here by the time I was 14 years old, and played in the Duluth Philharmonic as a guest 'cellist.

I've played duets and solos for audiences of 500+ people.

But 'cello is not my only "classical" instrument. I can (and do) play both violin and viola, piano, mandolin, pennywhistle, dulcimer-- not to mention guitar (and the not-so-classical bass guitar) pretty much everything but band instruments, and only because I've never had the opportunity to play those.

Beethoven's 9th is good...but his so-called "Moonlight Sonata" (By Beethoven, named Op.27 #2) by far surpasses his 9th in both depth and emotion, as far as I'm concerned. It alters me every time I listen to it.

Beethoven is easily my favorite composer-- probably because of the melancholic intensity of his pieces--and because many of the most amazing works were composed after he had gone deaf.

He inspired me to learn notes and keys by the feel of the vibration, instead of the sound itself- it came in quite handy when making sub-bass beats for a hip-hop artist's CD--as the equipment I was working on only vibrated at those decibles and I had to match up the key by feeling the floor vibrate. I did a damned good job of it, too--Ludwig would've smiled--lol.

I love so many forms/genres of music, but I always return to classical music somehow.
[/b][/font]

Thanks so much for your reply! I came to appreciate classical music at the age of four when I began cello lessons. You know what, I guess that classical isn't the
[I]only[/I] musical genre that could be considered a fine art. I'd never think of comparing metal and classical(thanks for the idea^_^!) That's very interesting. By the way, I like all of the composers, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Ludwig van Beethoven. Ijust love his independent style. My favorite pieces by him would be his [I]Symphony No.9 in D minor Op.125-Presto[/I], [I]Symphony No.5 in C minor-Allegro con Brio[/I], [I]Symphony No.7 in A major- Allegro con Brio[/I],
[I]Piano Concerto No.5-Emperor-Rondo:Allegro[/I], and [I]Symphony No.3 in E flat major-Eroica-Scherzo:Allegro Vivace[/I]. Oh, I just remembered, have you heard of the group Bond? I love the way they redo classical music with electric guitars, drums, and midi sounds. Speaking of videos, I have The Five Browns DVD, all of the Andre Rieu Dvd's(and CD's) and a DVD with performances by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Speaking of Johann Sebastien Bach, my favorites by him are the "Air From Suite No.3", the "Minuet in G major", and "Jesus Bleibet Meine Freude"("Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring").And, yes, I have heard "Thus Do You Fare, My Jesus"- and I love it!

Thanks again for the comment!

Guest Mrs.Ishtar
It's not my favorite, but I have nothing against it. It makes me sleepy sometimes. I just like the piano.

• 4 weeks later...