OtakuBoards

Sweat the Small Stuff

Kamuro

Let them have guns. Let everyone have guns, in fact give them to children. But make bullets cost 3 Million each. Then no one would be shooting anyone, and they couldn't complain about the constitution because all it says is that they have the right to own a firearm. That would be funny as hell. Samedi raises interesting points, it's true that guns just make it easier to kill people, and if they realistically made people safer then in truth America would be the safest place on Earth. I still don't get why Americans have such a hardon for guns.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"]
[b]Atleast Paris Hilton is actually TRYING to do something....even if I don't all agree with it...here are some things that just don't make sense...[/b]

[b]How Britney Spears brags about Kevin Federline and how proud she is of him and his work. I don't like Britney, but she does sing, dance, etc. and pretty much make their whole income. But what does Federline do? Let's see...hmmm...according to a magazine he stated " I can sit on my butt and play videogames and she'll still be proud of me". He's done nothing, and everything he's planning on doing is all hosted by who else, his wife. He left his girlfriend of two kids without telling her, has no money really, and yet she's still proud of him. I just kind of find it interesting, when she brags that he's just the greatest when he really hasn't got around to doing ANYTHING.[/b]

[b]Lil' Jon for being famous for saying "YEAH" "OK" or "HUH?". Those are phrases we use everyday and yet he makes a profit out of it. All I have to say is Ok? Huh? Proves how much people get impressed easily these days.[/b]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]Yet oddly enough, in countries where there are restrictions on guns, the murder rate is shockingly low. In fact, in Australia, we've never even had a school shooting. I wonder why?

You're right, gun's don't kill people. But they provide an easier-access and more remote way for people to kill other people. Perhaps a guy has just found out that his girlfriend cheated on him. Odds are, in America, Land Of The Free, that if he gets angry enough, he'll just grab his Constitutionally recognised gun and mosey on out to the other guy's place [b]and shoot him[/b]. Perhaps in another country, if he can't get hold of a gun, then he'll let his anger work off, or he'll go to the other guy's place, and maybe they'll fight.

]But he probably won't kill anyone. Guns are an easy solution for people who think only in the moment. Gun registration and prevention laws [b]do[/b] help. To just say "Oh, they'll just kill people some other way", you're not considering people as beings. Sure, there is more than one way to, err, 'skin a cat', but you don't get much more impersonal than shooting someone. Besides, it at least gives both parties a fairer chance if it becomes a knifefight, lol.[/size][/QUOTE]

[b]I have to agree with Baron on this one. Getting away from a knife sounds a whole lot easier then running from a bullet which is impossible. Plus if all else fails you could always just kick the dude where it hurts...hey..if its a way to fight back, I'd go for it. If its hard to get a gun, chances are, they won't bother with it.[/b]

[QUOTE=Fallen][size=1]
Also, it really ticks me off when people ask you the time and they point at their wrist. I know where my watch is! Do I point at my crotch when I tell people I need the toilet? [/size][/QUOTE]

[b]lol....Fallen you just made my day.[/b]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"]
[b]Atleast Paris Hilton is actually TRYING to do something....even if I don't all agree with it...here are some things that just don't make sense...[/b]

[b]+[/b] [b]How Britney Spears brags about Kevin Federline and how proud she is of him and his work. I don't like Britney, but she does sing, dance, etc. and pretty much make their whole income. But what does Federline do? Let's see...hmmm...according to a magazine he stated " I can sit on my butt and play videogames and she'll still be proud of me". He's done nothing, and everything he's planning on doing is all hosted by who else, his wife. He left his girlfriend of two kids without telling her, has no money really, and yet she's still proud of him. I just kind of find it interesting, when she brags that he's just the greatest when he really hasn't got around to doing ANYTHING.[/b]

[b]+ Lil' Jon for being famous for saying "YEAH" "OK" or "HUH?". Those are phrases we use everyday and yet he makes a profit out of it. All I have to say is Ok? Huh?

[/b][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Britney Spears is a complete idiot. Why would you even TRY to make sense of what she does?

And Lil' Jon only makes money because now-a-days no one has any taste. New music all sucks, it can't even begin to think about competeing with the 60's, 70's, early 80's... It just sucks so bad.

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

And what exactly is that something, again? Partying and being a dumbass? And staring in the world's stupidest "reality" tv show which even she admitted was staged?

She's not doing anything with herself other than using her beauty to make guest appearances on VH1 and MTV specials. That's not exactly what I'd call trying to do something.

She's probably not even going to take over the family business. I'd be willing to bet that its going to be left to her smarter and more productive sister, Nicki.

[SIZE=1]The point I was trying to make is, if someone wants to kill another person, they'll do it. Whether its with a gun, a knife, or their bare hands. Its amazing how people can be completely lazy at other aspects of life yet determined enough to kill someone for whatever reason.

My point is this, I don't believe taking away guns would really solve anything. Crime rates would become lower, at first. However, people often to find ways to get around laws, and putting restrictions on guns only makes people want them more. Drugs for example, some people do drugs just for the high of knowing they're not supposed to. I'm sure you could list tons of countries benefiting from the extraction of guns, and I would list countries troubled by the exact opposite, however, I'm lazy and don't feel like looking it up lol.

On to the other point. Its hard for me to believe that Paris Hilton isn't, well, completely retarded lol. I've never seen her make a smart point, about anything. And if she has, it sounds like shes reading it from a card or its being spoken into her ear. Now, I imagine there is people behind the scenes making sure Paris gets all the exposure she does, which is why shes so popular. Besides the fact that shes pretty. As dumb as she may be, shes pretty and girls want to look like her, unfortunently.

Britney Spears is a publicity whore as Paris is just a regular whore lol. I believe Britney Spears almost knows what shes doing, but luckily shes just stupid enough to do things like get married 4085358 times and then wonder why people are interested in her? "I don't know why people say I'm a whore *stupid giggle* I love Kevin," people are interested because god knows how long it'll last. As soon as she announces something everyone takes out a spot watch, I mean c'mon.

Alright, heres some more things...

- I hate it when you walk up to an elevator and press the button, and it doesn't come. Then another person comes up and either...
1) Presses the button constantly or even at all as though you were just standing there and forgot to push it or
2) They actually ask if you've pushed the button. No, no I havn't, I enjoy the shiny door and I'd hate for it go away so soon, dumbasses...

- Who does serving sizes? I look on the back of something and say "Hmm, not to many calories, I might just eat this" and then look at the serving size and its a half a cookie or something. I mean c'mon, be realistic. I'm not fat, but when I buy Oreos I don't intend on eating them a half at a time.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]And what exactly is that something, again? Partying and being a dumbass? And staring in the world's stupidest "reality" tv show which even she admitted was staged?

She's not doing anything with herself other than using her beauty to make guest appearances on VH1 and MTV specials. That's not exactly what I'd call trying to do something.

She's probably not even going to take over the family business. I'd be willing to bet that its going to be left to her smarter and more productive sister, Nicki.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]Sorry but this makes me laugh. Nicki more productive? Why just cause she strays away from the spotlight that makes her so much better? No, she's just as bad. She's just not in the tabloids as much. This is a girl who got married for two months and then split and had her mom talk her out of it. Yeah she's really more productive. Also, even though Paris has no talent whatsoever (dont get me wrong) atleast she's trying to make it on her own. She's coming out with an album (yeah I listened to it, it sucks yes we know), had her reality show, has a perfume line, starred in a movie (she actually did some good acting. suprising) and has her own corporation. Don't get wrong what I'm saying, I hate Paris as much as you do, but for her cockiness, and the fact that she puts on such a dumb act, but saying Nicki is better is just not true. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=Kamuro][SIZE=1]On to the other point. Its hard for me to believe that Paris Hilton isn't, well, completely retarded lol. I've never seen her make a smart point, about anything. And if she has, it sounds like shes reading it from a card or its being spoken into her ear. Now, I imagine there is people behind the scenes making sure Paris gets all the exposure she does, which is why shes so popular. Besides the fact that shes pretty. As dumb as she may be, shes pretty and girls want to look like her, unfortunently.

Britney Spears is a publicity whore as Paris is just a regular whore lol. [/QUOTE][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]
I agree she acts dumb. Completely stupid. But how much of that is an act? People eat up dumb blondes. I mean just look at Jessica Simpson. People love it. She has a corporation, she has to run it somehow, I'm sure 98% of that corporation is run by people she hires, but what about the 2%? I'm sure theres a pea of a brain working in there..no one can be THAT stupid. I think she's using it for publicity, since you haven't noticed, she loves the attention. She was even happy about the attention she got from the sex tape that made her a "celebrity". But then again you might be right. It just seems like someone drilled a hole through her head. I just can't believe someone can be that dumb and have a corporation...you actually you know..have to work in that buisness... You have to be involved in it. I wish I could get payed just for parying though...think about it...Oh and by the way, Paris Hilton is a bigger publicity whore easily. Britney is just hanging onto her fame since she lost it.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]Sorry but this makes me laugh. Nicki more productive? Why just cause she strays away from the spotlight that makes her so much better? No, she's just as bad. She's just not in the tabloids as much. This is a girl who got married for two months and then split and had her mom talk her out of it. Yeah she's really more productive. Also, even though Paris has no talent whatsoever (dont get me wrong) atleast she's trying to make it on her own. She's coming out with an album (yeah I listened to it, it sucks yes we know), had her reality show, has a perfume line, starred in a movie (she actually did some good acting. suprising) and has her own corporation. Don't get wrong what I'm saying, I hate Paris as much as you do, but for her cockiness, and the fact that she puts on such a dumb act, but saying Nicki is better is just not true. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR'][/B][/quote]

Have you ever read an interview with Nicki? She doesn't get caught up on... oh, what's that thing again... it spins around... and does something to your clothes... that's right, a washer! (stupid Paris) Also, she's shown interest in the designing world, designing handbags. That's more than Paris can say. Its also said that she has a much better business sense than her sister, though I don't feel like going into that much research for something so minor...

[quote=Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]
I agree she acts dumb. Completely stupid. But how much of that is an act? People eat up dumb blondes. I mean just look at Jessica Simpson. People love it. She has a corporation, she has to run it somehow, I'm sure 98% of that corporation is run by people she hires, but what about the 2%? I'm sure theres a pea of a brain working in there..no one can be THAT stupid. I think she's using it for publicity, since you haven't noticed, she loves the attention. She was even happy about the attention she got from the sex tape that made her a "celebrity". But then again you might be right. It just seems like someone drilled a hole through her head. I just can't believe someone can be that dumb and have a corporation...you actually you know..have to work in that buisness... You have to be involved in it. I wish I could get payed just for parying though...think about it...Oh and by the way, Paris Hilton is a bigger publicity whore easily. Britney is just hanging onto her fame since she lost it.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I think that we have a fanboy/fangirl on our hands. She hasn't done anything yet to make me believe that she's not completely stupid. If she weren't dumb, she would be using her extreme popularity to promote the family business that she might end up taking control of sometime in the future. How hard would it be to convince her family to put her on commercials advertising their resorts?

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]
I think that we have a fanboy/fangirl on our hands. She hasn't done anything yet to make me believe that she's not completely stupid. If she weren't dumb, she would be using her extreme popularity to promote the family business that she might end up taking control of sometime in the future. How hard would it be to convince her family to put her on commercials advertising their resorts?[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][B]Okay clearly you don't read the posts how I want them too. Obviously you don't get that I don't like Paris Hilton, so how does that make me a fangirl? lol. You could be right, and infact I think she's an airhead too but how stupid can you be and still own your own buisness? I hear she's starting her own corporation, and she actually you know, has cut down on the partying and been doing buisness lately. The only thing I was getting at is would if she were smarter then we thought and half of it was just an act? Never believe everything the media tells you. But then again..she could be just stupid..I guess the world may never know the true anwser. I'm definately not argueing over this. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to Otakuboards, [b]SilverWolfEyes.

[/b]If you cast a quick glance over our [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"][b]Rules[/b] (click!)[/url] you'll notice that we like to maintain quality posts here, and this topic doesn't exactly invite discussion; there isn't anything wrong with your quality (correct spelling and punctuation, phew!) but it's likely the responses will end up being of the "[b]Yes[/b]" or "[b]No[/b]" variety, and that [b]would[/b] be spam.

Also, there's actually another thread here in the Lounge that this observation might fit better in, so I'll merge your thread with it.

I hope you enjoy your stay at OB. If you have any queries, don't hesitate to message me or one of the other Moderators.
[/font][/color]