OtakuBoards

Clone Yourself!

Guest Dicky Barrett

Guest Dicky Barrett
Now to do this you need photoshop, a digital camera, and a tripod. Set the camera up on the tripod, and take a few pictures of yourself in different positions. Then layer the pics in photoshop, and delete parts of top layers to reveal parts of lower layers to make them look like they are on the same layer. Here's mine

Guinness drinking grey scally cap clone didn't know that sober black scally cap clone was about to end his life. :(
[img]http://fateomcskippy.johnami.com/clone.jpg[/img]

Black Scally Cap Clone and Guinness Hat Clone come home after a long day at work. But Guinness Hat Clone has other plans. He takes revenge for Black Scally Cap Clone killing his drinking buddy.
(i see the formatting problem, but I closed the psd file. Too late to fix it.)
[img]http://fateomcskippy.johnami.com/clone2.jpg[/img]

And this one is hard to see inside the truck because of windshield glare, but whatever.

[img]http://img270.echo.cx/img270/7274/clone35ny.jpg[/img]

Since this thread is more about using Photoshop and blending of layers I am moving this over to the Art Studio for techincal discussions instead of the Otaku Lounge.

Great job with the blending of images too. The blending of the layers are seamlessly done. Backgrounds that didn't change (ie lots of moving things, lighting, etc.) I believe to be the key to the great job blending the pictures. The use of subtle "costume changes" made first glance at the images nothing exciting...it makes you think it's just a few friends playing around. But upon futher viewing the viewer realizes that it is actually all one person in the pictures doing different acts. Your talent with Photoshop shows through. Very well done and very humorous composition as well.

I might give my hand at this when I get a chance. :animesmil

[SIZE=1]I've done something like this, but not with myself. I did it with an object, and made it look kinetic, moving it a little bit on a table, taking pictures with my tripod. It was fun, but didn't come out how I expected. Maybe I'll do this tommorow, when school's officially out. ^_^

Good job, man. I'll try it.[/SIZE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][b]Nicely done. I especially like the first two-- you obviously have a sense of humor akin to my own.

I can't afford a tripod, but it's a fun idea nonetheless. I suppose a partner in crime would work just as well... or I could just clone other people.

*Runs through a mental list of possible cloning targets*

Thanks for the idea! =P
[/b][/font]