r2vq Posted June 12, 2005 Posted June 12, 2005 This is NOT a Naruto thread! The Manga series Uzumaki (whirlpool, spiral, etc.) by Junji Ito is one of the freakiest things I have ever read. The opening lines and the title of the first chapter pretty much explain everything. [i]"This is Kurouzu Cho, where I grew up. I would like to share with you... the strage events that took place here." Chapter 1: The Spiral Obsession[/i] Kurouzu Cho and its people are cursed with spirals. They are everywhere. They're hypnotic. They're deadly. A girl and her boyfriend witness the horrors of the spiral as they slowly destroy the townspeople. Junji Ito is a genius at writing horror fiction and this book is [b]not[/b] for the faint of heart! I convinced a few of my friends to read it, and a few of them were too scared to continue! If anybody else has read Uzumaki, or seen the live action movie, I'd like to know what you guys think! -ArV
Kiyu-chan Posted June 12, 2005 Posted June 12, 2005 Oooh, my friend was telling me about this series, but she couldn't remember the name. I wanted to go read it, but you know, a description wasn't much to go on. How long is it?
r2vq Posted June 13, 2005 Author Posted June 13, 2005 [quote name='Kiyu-chan']How long is it?[/quote] I've read two volumes, and I know for sure that there's a third. I'm not sure if there's much more after that. The author, though, has created lots of other short stories that are just as... well... disturbing. ^^ They come in a different series, which the name escapes me at the moment. -ArV
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now