OtakuBoards

Uzumaki

r2vq

This is NOT a Naruto thread!

The Manga series Uzumaki (whirlpool, spiral, etc.) by Junji Ito is one of the freakiest things I have ever read. The opening lines and the title of the first chapter pretty much explain everything.

[i]"This is Kurouzu Cho, where I grew up. I would like to share with you... the strage events that took place here."
Chapter 1: The Spiral Obsession[/i]

Kurouzu Cho and its people are cursed with spirals. They are everywhere. They're hypnotic. They're deadly. A girl and her boyfriend witness the horrors of the spiral as they slowly destroy the townspeople.

Junji Ito is a genius at writing horror fiction and this book is [b]not[/b] for the faint of heart! I convinced a few of my friends to read it, and a few of them were too scared to continue!

If anybody else has read Uzumaki, or seen the live action movie, I'd like to know what you guys think!

-ArV

[quote name='Kiyu-chan']How long is it?[/quote]

I've read two volumes, and I know for sure that there's a third. I'm not sure if there's much more after that.

The author, though, has created lots of other short stories that are just as... well... disturbing. ^^ They come in a different series, which the name escapes me at the moment.

-ArV