OtakuBoards

Avenged Sevenfold

Kazuhirou

Anyone else here listen to these guys? I love 'em...and have their newest CD..."City of Evil"

I also have "Waking the Fallen" and "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet", which are also very nicely done albums.

My favorite song ever by these guys is Probably "Unholy Confessions" Or "Radiant Eclipse"...the new Song "The Beast and the Harlot" is also great, 'cause it sticks in my head for such a long period of time it isn't funny.

So all in all...anyone else here like Avenged Sevenfold(a7x)

[COLOR=DarkGreen]apparently not...

except me...my girlfriend just got me into them a little while ago, theyre her favorite band, and she knows i like metal so she thought id like that band. I only have "Waking the Fallen" but its pretty kick-***. I love that guitar solo at the end of Second Heartbeat. Hopefully ill get the other albums soon. Apparently the fan base is like a cult and im gonna be apart of it soon, hurrah![/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I havn't purchased the new cd yet, I suppose I could simply dl the music but I havn't gotten around to it. However, I do have "Waking the Fallen" and "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet," and they're both great cd's. Although I'm not a fan of the increasingly new music, I really like the old stuff. I find that the band sort of wears itself out though. Some cd's I can listen to over and over again and never get sick of it, but this one gets old. The sound becomes repetative after awhile and compells me not to listen.[/SIZE]

This band is another one of my old favorites that I don't really care for anymore, joining the list of AFI, Atreyu, Bleeding Through, Walls of Jericho, etc.

My friend got me into them and took me to one of their shows, I bought Waking the Fallen and haven't listened to it in probably a year.

I have been listening to a bit of their new stuff, but I don't like it as much as their old stuff; it just feels "less authentic" if you know what I mean.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]yeah i dont like how its gotten...hmmm...more tame i guess. It still sounds heavy, but the singer doesnt scream. Thats ok though because the reason for that is that he broke a blood vessle or something because he didnt scream the right way. That was kinda funny in my eyes, well whatever. Is that what u meant by less authentic? ^

and besides any bands older stuff is always the better stuff. when they are new they do whatever they want. but when they get big the record company has to worry about making the band more appeasing to a larger demographic and thus they have to change their sound. plus the band has to worry about making as good as if not better music then their old stuff.[/COLOR]