OtakuBoards

Info on Gamecube 2 !!!!!

Fall

Ah...I don't see any site, either way duh what did you think, they were going to release the gamecube and sit around doing nothing for a few years? They're constantly researching and developing new hardware...ah I seem to remember they had a separate partner for Nintendo's next system...instead of...whoever they have now, heh damn I forgot a bunch of stuff...either way yeah, they're hard at work at the next playstation as well ::shrugs::, the chance that it'll come out in the next 4 years tho is pretty tiny. Most game consoles' lives have been about 5 years, not counting a bunch of failed sega ones like 32x tho...ah virtual boy as well. Game Boy outlasted em all tho, and if nintendo had never made GBC or GBA, people would STILL be playing the original game boy....or pocket perhaps...guess they have no choice until someone else comes out with a portable videogame system with good games and stuff. Neo Geo pocket was good but....no killer ap, same w/ wonderswan...oh well.

oops, sorry. here's the address again. [url]www.nintendo.com/ngc/ngc2articlegc.html[/url]
hope that works.

yeah, i know what you mean. they wouldn't just sit there, but who's ever think that they would call it game cube 2 ?!

Neither of those links worked. How did you get to it on [url]www.nintendo.com?[/url] What links did you use?

And about the name, it could be a code name. I have an old Nintendo Power issue that has an article about "Project Reality". That was the code name for the Nintendo 64. Also, the code name for the GameCube was "Dolphin". Who knows if "GameCube 2" will be the final name for it, or if it's just a code name.

oops, i made a mistake again............link: [url]www.nintendopower.com/ngc/ngc2articlegc.html[/url]
stupid me! how did i get nintendo into it............

well, i wonder if it is the codename. don't know, but either way, it looks cool

PS. sometimes the link doesn't work, just refresh it a few times. that worked for me :)

Too bad they didn't leave it as Dolphin, I dunno I think gamecube is a stupid name >=\, hell Dreamcast's original name was the Katana, heh which is much cooler than dream+broadcast equalling dreamcast, blargh! I think some of the chips inside of the DC say Katana on them, haha. Oh well, doesn't matter what systems nintendo comes out with, if they continue to butcher the controller so that fighting games play like crap (I'm talking about street fighter not smash brothers), then why bother, I hope GC has some rpg's too, yeesh N64 had...what Quest and aidyn chronicles? IN....5 or 6 years, blah that's y I sold mine for $$ to buy more PSX games, hehe.

Yes, the N64 was lacking in 3rd party support because it was hard to develop for, but I think there'll be more RPGs, since a lot more 3rd party developers have said that they'll make games for GCN.
And about butchering the controller: Have you ever played a fighting game (like Street Fighter) with the GCN controller? (I'll admit that the N64 controller wasn't the greatest)

Hmm, well thats not working either. Hehe, can't give straight directions eh? That happens all the time. Hmm, they would be starting to make another one, but its too close to Gamecube's opening, i guess they wanna make up what happened in Japan and recover with an advanced version of it. Pretty smart i guess, but what if that Gamecube isn't a sucess either? Then Nintendo is really down in video gaming.... Atleast in favoritisism. Hmmmmmm

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am a bit confused. . HOW did they 'butcher' their controller? It is the most comfortable controller I have EVER used, and if anything, they simplified the controller more then butchered it. If you are so used to playing Street Fighter at the arcade, then by all means, go back and play it, but until they come out with it for the GAMECUBE, ummm. . I don't think you can give an opinion about it. *shrug* I guess that is just me though, right? ^_^

I know they are coming out with Mortal Kombat 5 or something for the GAMECUBE, so I guess we will see then how good it really is.

P.S. I am holding the controller right now, and can see quite easily how they can do it. My biggest problem was the buttons being all close together made it a bit difficult to hit the right strength on the attacks. Now, with the much larger buttons, I don't see that being a problem. . . but like I said, we really can't make any 'real' complaints till they put out a game for us to test it on. Right now, I am seeing Super Smash Brothers: Melee as the first game, and think it will not only be easy, but very also very comfortable in the hands. Just my thoughts though ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]