OtakuBoards

What Punk REALLY means for all you people who dont REALLY know.

Hells Angel

[COLOR=Orange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
All music is put out there to say something. Something political, something heartfelt, or something ridiculous. Either way, punk is not the only music out there to speak to you. Some people may connect with Weird Al just because another one rides the bus. *laughs* I mean.. *coughs* I guess you'd have to listen to him to get the reference.

Another thing that I find is funny is that you think these "punk opinions" are different. Well.. they can't really be different if they're all the same. And neither can the kids that listen to them, because then they all end up being the same. I think it's near impossible to be an individual that goes against the grain if you're all caught up in labels like "punk" and "prep". In the end, even the "punk" kids end up conforming in one fashion or another.

In my humble opinion, anyway. :animesmil

(I sort of confused myself in the last paragraph.. sorry if it seems really stupid or I offend you. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying what I believe.)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Usually when I think of punk I think of Siouxsie and the Banshees. Even though she is more well known for the creation of goth music rather than punk rock.... ^^;; Feh. Punk music gets own my nerves whether it be the Ramones or Avril Lavigne, I bloody hate them all (for their music... not personally).

As for labelling - who cares? People can call themselves what they like, they can call me what they like. I know what I am, I'm pretty secure and confident with myself. I make friends on both sides of the spectrum - those that like to follow certain trends and those that don't.

And despite people saying they're different - everyone conforms. Non-conformity would be going outside naked (but even that's conforming to nudist values). To be a non-conformist, you'd have to do something radical no one else has done, like rebel against lemur lorry drivers.