OtakuBoards

Lesser animes . . .

Guest Aliakai

Guest Aliakai
Im kinda new here but it seems that a lot of lesser animes dont get much attention, i figured that would make an interesting discussion . . . . .

[B]EDIT :[/B] i kno Im the one that posted this but I believe that many lesser animes can compete w/ the big ones in quality, theyre just ignored because theyre smaller . . . well thats what I think neways . . .

[quote name='Aliakai']Im kinda new here but it seems that a lot of lesser animes dont get much attention, i figured that would make an interesting discussion . . . . .[/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Hello Aliakai.

Hmm... Yes that may make an interesting discussion, but unfortunately this is not the proper forum to be placing a thread with the topic of Anime. I'll be moving this thread to the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27]Anime Lounge[/URL]; Where it belongs. I also suggest you review the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL]. Seeing as you're new here. Also, OtakuBoards does not allow for double posting. If you'd like to post a message and wish to post another directly after, we ask that they edit your original message rather than create a new one. If you have any questions feel free to PM myself or another moderator

[B]Thread Moved.[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

If by 'lesser anime' you mean the ones that don't get as much attention as Fullmetal Alchemist or Inuyasha or Naruto, then I would say I know quite a few. My example is Candidate for Goddes. It's only 12 episodes and an OVA and I don't think the anime is as good as the manga but for some reason I really like it. It has it's shortcomings and I don't think it could EVER compete with the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I love the characters.

So, I love the hyper popular, mainstream anime like FMA. They're mainstream because they are SOOOOO good and appeal to a wider group of people. BUT! I wish some anime lovers out there would unglue themselves from the mainstream and try something different. Pick up something old school or less popular to expand your appreciation of anime! :animesmil

I like lesser known anime and mainstream ones but I do sometimes dislike the fan base that comes with them heh...that's another topic though.

As far as lesser animes go, I think I can enjoy them better at times than a mainstream one. It's because of the closer knit community but also the knowledge that the anime doesn't have a lot of sponsers or anything riding on it. They are often just from small fan bases or aimed at niche markets.

Not many people know the Mon Colle Knights (I happened to have enjoyed it) or the Pet Shop of Horrors anime but they were both good. The only bad thing is lesser animes often get limited release or get cancelled.

Hayama mentions Candidate for Goddess, a interesting mech anime that wasn't as popular when it ran on Cartoon Network. It was good though and it's too bad it never saw much on the rerun front.

As far as anime that hasn't yet come across the ocean, I'm afraid I don't know very many. I'm mostly going on dvd releases here.

Wasn't candidate for goddess called pilot candidate in America? I saw some episodes and really liked it, but unfortuanately I can only find some of the volumes, and I hate buying it by volumes. It is not that many of these animes are neglected, it is that we are only alowed to have one thread per anime, meaning alot of them get pushed back and hard to find. Also the fact that people post alot of random spam causes a push-back too.

[font=times new roman][size=2]Lesser animes? I know what you mean. Anime series like Silent Mobius don't seem like big time, everyone knows what it is, anime series. But there are less popular known animes, that are ten times better than the big time animes. Silent Mobius is an excellent anime, that hardly anyone I know, ever watches or has even heard of. And it's way better than let's say hmm.. InuYasha. I watch a lot of animes on G4TV.. or whatever they changed the name to.. I know it as TechTV. But whatever.. shows like Duel were on there. Great show, one I also think can replace any big shot anime, any day. But there are also some shows I dislike that seem to me like lesser animes compared to the more popular ones. I'm so sure I'm not making sense, but eh, oh well...[/size][/font]

[COLOR=FireBrick][SIZE=1][quote name='Killer7']Wasn't candidate for goddess called pilot candidate in America? I saw some episodes and really liked it, but unfortuanately I can only find some of the volumes, and I hate buying it by volumes. It is not that many of these animes are neglected, it is that we are only alowed to have one thread per anime, meaning alot of them get pushed back and hard to find. Also the fact that people post alot of random spam causes a push-back too.[/quote]
There's always the Search Button, yeah? ^^

A lot of us anime fans would very much like to broaden our horizons and watch other series. The problem is that we can't get anymore than what we see on cable TV. Due to lack of funds, dealers or just plain paranoia of online stores, I can only guess. But given the chance, we'd probably jump on it the same way hungry wildebeest would.

Many lesser known series out there are actually good; what they need is good promotion by pioneers willing to take the first step and buy it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
apparentally paranoia agent isnt a big fan thing here at the otaku.com cuz its one of the best but they dont hav a hub

[QUOTE] apparentally paranoia agent isnt a big fan thing here at the otaku.com cuz its one of the best but they dont hav a hub [/QUOTE]

Actually it is fairly popular, perhaps not as popular here but still if you look around many people watch it. I myself watch it and enjoy it but it's not a lesser known anime really.

[QUOTE] Lesser animes? I know what you mean. Anime series like Silent Mobius don't seem like big time, everyone knows what it is, anime series. But there are less popular known animes, that are ten times better than the big time animes. Silent Mobius is an excellent anime, that hardly anyone I know, ever watches or has even heard of. And it's way better than let's say hmm.. InuYasha. I watch a lot of animes on G4TV.. or whatever they changed the name to.. I know it as TechTV. But whatever.. shows like Duel were on there. Great show, one I also think can replace any big shot anime, any day. But there are also some shows I dislike that seem to me like lesser animes compared to the more popular ones. I'm so sure I'm not making sense, but eh, oh well...[/QUOTE]

I remember that show a bit. I used to watched the Action channel I believe and they'd have anime like that and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (still one of my favorite animes, also lesser known) on.

[quote]The problem is that we can't get anymore than what we see on cable TV. Due to lack of funds, dealers or just plain paranoia of online stores, I can only guess.[/quote]

I can understand the funds part, but unless you live in a rural area you shouldn't have a problem finding some pretty cool anime. You can find anime in almost any movie or comic store. I have two suncoast's near me, so I have a huge selection to buy from. I still prefer ebay though because it cost's about 1/3 of the normal price. This is 2005, their shouldn't be any paranoia about the internet.

I remember The canididate for goddess. I really liked it! It was awesome. I remember Gundam 0080, which i rarely ever hear about from anyone... Though these are mangas, I've never heard anyone talk about Juvinille Orion or R2 [Raise R to the Second Power]. Lesser animes can be great, it just depends on your intrest. Sure I like Full Metal Alchmist, but if i where to never see it again on CN, i honestly can say i wouldn't think, "why'd they have to take away FMA?" but i have thought that with the candidate for goddess and Gundam 0080 and a few others.

Quoting: Elk [QUOTE]Though these are mangas, I've never heard anyone talk about Juvinille Orion or R2 [Raise R to the Second Power]. [/QUOTE]

I have both those! The Juvinille Orion series came to a conclusion but ADV can't seem to publish R2 volume 2. WHY!!!!!!!!! Another ADV manga that I liked but they haven't published volume 2 of is Kagerou Nostalgia. I really want to see volume two of both those manga, but where are they? I hope ADV doesn't keep from publishing them because they aren't a hot item.