9mm Avenger Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 If u look at Mario's pants in SSBM he has stiches, zippers, etc...Thats to much work on a plumber's pants.
NeoCactuar Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 Lol, you have way too much free time on your hands. Or you are really bored with that game. But it's true, a plumber shouldnĂ˝ have that much detail, then again... He is mario.
Desbreko Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 The shots where Mario has stitches in his pants are actually cinemas, not gameplay screens, so when you're playing, you there won't be that much detail. And why shouldn't there be that much detail? They have 8 texture layers, and I think they should use 'em.
Fall Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 maybe they want him to look good for all those girl gamers out there? most of the girls, who play mario games, take a great lot of consideration into his pants..........
Desbreko Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 Hmmm... And just how did you come by this knowledge, may I ask?
9mm Avenger Posted November 26, 2001 Author Posted November 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i] [B]Hmmm... And just how did you come by this knowledge, may I ask? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=royalblue] I look very long at plumber's pants...j/k. Nah, I saw some screen shots of Mario Sunshine. And, being used to the N64's seamsless pants, I found this strange. [/color]
Shy Posted November 26, 2001 Posted November 26, 2001 [SIZE=1]And to think, just a few years ago Marios pants were nothing but a few blue dots. Now they are practically works of art.[/SIZE]
9mm Avenger Posted November 26, 2001 Author Posted November 26, 2001 [color=royalblue]I like the little blue dots. They were alot more..Dotty.(?)[/color]
Fall Posted November 27, 2001 Posted November 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i] [B]Hmmm... And just how did you come by this knowledge, may I ask? [/B][/QUOTE] err.........hmm...........um....................i was.......er.........well, i was just thi..............no................ought!! i dunno, ok??!!! i just......,well, thought of it,...........i guess.......:D ..okay, i got a bit carried away there................let me say it again: i just thought of it :D. there we go.................. sorry jcgoudy for the psyconess crazy reply............
Desbreko Posted November 27, 2001 Posted November 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B] err.........hmm...........um....................i was.......er.........well, i was just thi..............no................ought!! i dunno, ok??!!! i just......,well, thought of it,...........i guess.......:D ..okay, i got a bit carried away there................let me say it again: i just thought of it :D. there we go.................. sorry jcgoudy for the psyconess crazy reply............ [/B][/QUOTE] That's okay, I enjoyed reading it. heheheheh... I also like the old "dotty" pants that Mario used to have... *sigh* ...It makes me want to pull out my old NES and play SMB 1 and 3. btw, did you know that when Nintendo made the arcade game Donkey Kong (you actually played as "Jumpman" but he looked like Mario) They gave Mario a hat and mustache because they were easier to draw than hair and a nose?
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 27, 2001 Posted November 27, 2001 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]JUMPMAN!! That game rules!! What? Oh, wrong game. . sorry there folks. . *cough* As for the new look for Mario, I think it is great. The more detail the better - AS LONG AS they don't kill the game because they are putting in too much detail on little nothings, LOL I think that it really isn't too much of a problem though. I am looking forward to the new Mario game, WITH the new pants, LOL. I think it will be rather enjoyable to see him in his new and improved outfit for the GAMECUBE. Just me though. . :therock: [/SIZE][/COLOR]
kizu Posted November 27, 2001 Posted November 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i] [B]If u look at Mario's pants in SSBM he has stiches, zippers, etc...Thats to much work on a plumber's pants. [/B][/QUOTE] That is just wrong. Why are you lookingat Mario that way. You should not be focusing on his pants (zipper mainly). I don't think that video games were ment to be view that way.
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i] [B] That is just wrong. Why are you lookingat Mario that way. You should not be focusing on his pants (zipper mainly). I don't think that video games were ment to be view that way. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, I really don't think it is THAT bad as some of you are making it seem. I mean, you have to look at him throughout the whole game anyways. . what about times when you are just trying to figure something out. . . you are sure to notice the details then, if not before while looking at screenshots. I think it is pretty awesome how much detail they are putting forward. Better to spend it on the main character, then trying to put it into some building in the game that you only see once. . LOL, just my opinion though *cough*. . . riight then [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Fall Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i] [B] zippers. [/B][/QUOTE] Do you mean to tell me that he has more than one ...........err..............thing behind the zipper place ??? :D
Desbreko Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B] Do you mean to tell me that he has more than one ...........err..............thing behind the zipper place ??? :D [/B][/QUOTE] WAIT! Stop right there! I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want this thread to turn into a discusion about "that". *shudder* Lets just say that there's a lot of detail on Mario's pants and leave it at that, shall we? btw, here's a character model of what Mario will look like in the FMV scenes in SSB Melee:
9mm Avenger Posted November 28, 2001 Author Posted November 28, 2001 [color=royalblue]Gahh! Those pants! So deatailed......Luigi didn't get that kinda work on his pants...Ugh![/color]
Stormbringer Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 Thank god Nintendo's humor didn't go so far as to give Mario "plumber's crack" lmao.
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i] [B]Thank god Nintendo's humor didn't go so far as to give Mario "plumber's crack" lmao. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well. . he wears overalls, so I don't really see a crack becoming a problem . . that just sounds wierd to say. . *shrug* So just be thankful that they thought well ahead and solved that problem ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Desbreko Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i] [B]Thank god Nintendo's humor didn't go so far as to give Mario "plumber's crack" lmao. [/B][/QUOTE] AAGGHHHH!!!!! STOP SAYING THINGS LIKE THAT!!! I DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF IMAGE IN MY HEAD!!! GAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
kizu Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 Hehe, that gives me an idea of a good taunt he oculd use in SSB: Melee. But it is nasty to think about it. His taunt would be somethign like this :butthead: . That would be funny to see him do that in the middle of a game.
9mm Avenger Posted December 1, 2001 Author Posted December 1, 2001 [color=royalblue]Lol. That would be funny. Mario mooning Pikachu. Then getting a thunderbolt up the...never mind.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now