OtakuBoards

A Higher Order [PG14 - V, poss. S]

Muad'Dib

[CENTER]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=White][size=3][b]A Higher Order[/b][/size]

A pair of wary, intelligent brown eyes glared across an assortment of strange faces, all congregated around a long, unpolished wooden table. The Wolf spirit took a quick breath and twitched his gray ears before addressing those before him. "I believe that Elponet," he nodded to the Horse spirit, "is right in suspecting the lesser spirits of foul play. Whatever is running amuck in the Netherworld can't have been brought about without their help." He glanced at the Bear spirit, who was looking frustrated. ?I therefore suggest we send an entourage to the Netherworld to investigate.?
At this, the Bear spirit stood and barked at him, ?The lesser spirits know they stand no chance of overthrowing the High Realm, and there is no reason to suspect them of treachery! What you are suggesting is outrageous!?
Now the Fox spirit was standing, glaring at the Bear, ?The Wolf is right, Girmun. What else could be causing the chaos in the Netherworld?? Despite a century long rivalry between fox and wolf, he had to agree.
?The lesser spirits have never acted against us before!? the Bear bellowed.
?Perhaps now they have a means,? the Leopard spirit said in her purring voice, remaining seated. For a brief moment, she caught the Fox?s eye, and then turned her attention back to Girmun, the Bear spirit.
But Girmun merely grumbled and sat back down. Now the Falcon spirit focused his yellow eyes on the Wolf, ?And what of the Snake and Cheetah? Do you think the lesser spirits are responsible for their conditions as well??
The Wolf spirit lowered his gaze, ?I can?t say, but it?s entirely possible. That?s why we need someone down there.?
The Falcon, looking satisfied despite the incomplete answer, sat back down and took up a quiet conversation with the lovely Eagle spirit beside him.
The brown Rabbit spirit stood up uncertainly, twitching her long ears nervously, ?But, who would go to the Netherworld? No one has gone in years??
The Wolf paused, looking around the extensive table. ?Whoever wishes to go. We shouldn?t bring too many? it would be bad to attract the attention of the lesser spirits.?
A murmur went around the table. Higher spirits were going to the Netherworld for the first time in six decades. Who was going to volunteer?

Hello and thank you for reading (and hopefully joining) A Higher Order. As stated in the title, this RP will contain some violence, and possibly sexual content. Language is unlikely, but nevertheless, possible. If for one reason or another, you didn?t get the swing of things from the story above, then please read the following.

What follows is a description of the Plot and details of the RP World:

Spirits are divided into two realms ? the High Realm, and the Netherworld. The inhabitants of the High realm are all Higher Spirits; that is to say, animal spirits. The Netherworld is home to the Lesser Spirits, spirits who have no predetermined form; their appearance ranges from dark and demon like, to small and harmless looking. Some Higher Spirits inhabit the Netherworld as well ? those who were banished from the High Realm for one reason or another.

Meeting two Higher Spirits with the same appearance is very unlikely, but possible. There is sometimes more than one spirit of the same animal.

Now, for some time, there have been disturbances in the Netherworld, which in turn causes problems in the High Realm. In addition, several Higher Spirits (the Snake and Cheetah) have been affected by something from the Netherworld. Finally unable to ignore these occurrences, the Higher Spirits are sending six of their own number to investigate. What awaits them in the Netherworld can only be guessed at.

~~~~

Sign-Ups

Spirit: Which animal are you? (No Lesser Spirits will be played)
Name: One-word name. (No last name)
Appearance: Unless you have a picture of someone with the features of your animal, descriptions will be typed. Remember, spirits are human-like with animal features. (Ex.: tails, eyes, fur, etc.)
Persona: Personality, mannerisms, and preferences. (Doesn?t have to be too long)
Abilities: Inborn skills and traits unique to your animal. (Optional)

Notice there is no Age or Bio part of the sign-up, as they are not necessary.

Here?s my own sign-up, so you may get an idea of what I?m looking for.

[b]Spirit[/b]: Fox
[b]Name[/b]: Chépin
[b]Gender[/b]: male
[b]Appearance[/b]: 5?7?? and rather thin, with long hands and feet. His skin is a dark shade of tan, almost reddish on a close look. His hair is nearly tomato-red with small flecks of gray, and sticks out everywhere. His fur-covered fox ears stick out from his hair several inches above where a human ear would be. His blue eyes are narrow and occasionally suspicious, though very bright. A slim, long nose and wide mouth complete the fox look, along with pointed canine teeth. A bushy, pointed tail sticks out of his waist, with red-orange fur and a gray tip.
He wears a long, forest green shirt with buttons down the front and very short sleeves, and soft, loose blue pants that go down to his ankles. On occasion, he wears a long blue robe with a gap for his tail to keep warm.
[b]Persona[/b]: Chépin is very matter-of-fact with most people, and actually very curious when confronted with something new. It?s sometimes hard to tell whether he is serious or joking, but he always seems to be sneaking around, sometimes just for the pleasure of catching someone off their guard. He has a habit of messing with his own tail, and likes people who can be openly childish, but not all the time. He is often more active at night.
[b]Abilities[/b]: Acute senses of smell and hearing, as well as exceptional low-light vision.

On a last note, as is the common custom these days, this will most likely be on the chapter system. It is, after all, very efficient.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][OOC: Sounds interesting and unique. I'm trying it.][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1][B]Spirit:[/B] Dog

[B]Name:[/B] Genevieve

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/Forgetful_Me1010/19.jpg]Appearance[/URL] Her hair is pitch black with golden yellow eyes, her outift consists of jean shorts and a black long sleeve shirt. Her ears are also black, along with her tail. She ties her hair up into a ponytail. She stands at a normal height of 5'4'' and is slim.

[B]Persona:[/B] She tends to act childish... despite her age. It may look like she isn't paying much attention but she is. The Spirits usually don't take her seriously, unless she is fooling around to much. She is outgoing and I guess you can say.. hyper. She likes people who loves to talk to her. She can act too quick without thinking.

[B]Abilities:[/B] Great sense of smelling. Able to run quick.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OOC: My post is so long! :animesigh
Spirit: Siberian tiger

Name: Mine

Appearance: 5'6" and slender. Her skin is pale white and striped with black and she has black hands and feet. Her hair is a soft white color and hangs loose. A black dorsal stripe starts at her forehead and runs down through her hair (leaving a long black stripe in her hair) and all the way to the base of her spine. The ears on the top of her head are white and tipped with black. Her large yellow eyes are flecked with green and brown. She has a scowling mouth filled with small fangs. She wears a long, form-fitting, leather long-sleeved dress that opens up in the back to show her dorsal stripe with a hole for her tail. An iron collar encircles her neck that has a broken chain attached to it.

Persona: Dangerously curious and naive, she gets her feeling hurt easily and is quick to hold a grudge. She hates to be left alone and often clings to the other Spirits for comfort. She is obsessive compulsive. She is also very stuborn. She sleeps through the day and likes to do everything else at night.It is also very easy to amuse her.

Abilities: Excellent sight in the dark, lightening-quick reflexes, and a knack for squeezing into and out of tight situations.
OOC: No more generic kitty! Myo!

Spirit: Leopard

Name: Ahru

Appearance: Tall (5?9?), somewhat thin but well-toned, Ahru hides her strength well. Her hair is a dirty blonde and cropped to her chin. Her skin is lightly tanned with spots tattooed on her back and down her shoulders. She has a long spotted tail which twitches when she?s thinking. Two round, spotted ears sit on her head which she flattens when she?s angry. Her eyes are expressive, deceiving and an intense amber-gold. Ahru wears a silky beige dress with a diagonal hem. The right side falls at her calf and the left at her knee. The dress has thin straps and is partially backless to show off her spots. She wears black boots that come up to her knees and a black belt over the dress.

Persona: Prideful and tactical, Ahru knows how to manipulate others to get what she wants. She can sweet-talk most with a sultry purr, but that?s not to say that everyone can be seduced. She?d rather sit quietly, calculating her move, than charge into an argument right away. She takes insults personally and is cold to those who fall out of her favor.

Abilities: Heightened sense of smell and increased reflexes. She also has ?retractable? claws. Normally it looks like she has human fingernails, but she can make them grow claw-like at will.

[center][COLOR=indigo][SIZE=1]

[B]Spirit:[/B] Wolf (more of a wolf cub, if you will.)
[B]Name:[/B] Felan
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/zapshazam/26.jpg]Felan[/URL]
Just imagine him with darker, grayer hair/fur, his ears covered in it and less pointy, and set more on the top his head.
Felan stands at a tiny, even five feet tall, but his legs are unusually long for his short size. He has a skinny, slim frame, and his hands and feet are large and look clumsier than they are.
[B]Persona:[/B] Felan is care-free and laid back to the point of extreme annoyance to the older and less patient Spirits. He is always laughing and playing with the other Spirits, never taking anything too seriously. Though, because of his even temper and good nature, most of the Spirits really do like him a lot. However, due to his childish and immature ways, he is also protected by many of the stronger Spirits. This is the reason for his rash decisions to jump at any excuse to fight or do something heroic, to prove to everyone he's quite capable of taking care of himself.
[B]Abilities:[/B] Felan has very good eyesight, acute hearing, and a keen sense of smell. He can run extremely fast, thanks to his long, powerful legs.[/center][/size][/COLOR]

[color=silver][font=Garamond][size=2][b]OOC:[/b] Not my personal style, but I'll join, J-chan.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=silver][font=Garamond][size=2][b]Spirit:[/b] Jackal[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=2][b]Name:[/b] Volkmar (I luff ma German names)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=silver][font=Garamond][size=2][b]Gender:[/b] Male[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=2][b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/ArunueS/volkmar.png"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/ArunueS/volkmar.png[/url] Dont mind the sensless scribbles. [/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=2][b]Persona:[/b] Volkmar is more often then not keeping to himself. He comes in contact with the other spirits as little as possible. He takes great pride in his appearance and cleanlyness. Profesionality and seriousness are ussually his main priorities. [/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=2]Observation is one of his most commenly used tactical skills and he rarely takes charge of an argument or conversation. An even temper is something he ussually maintains, but he often holds judgement on others.[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][size=2][b]Abilities:[/b] Keen eyesight and reflexes as well as a sharp sense of smell and agility.[/size][/font]

[/color]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Well well, very good! This may be the fastest any of my RPs has filled up...

Anyway, everyone is accepted, and unless someone thinks they can out do the current sign-ups, then they are closed, as we have all six of our players. One thing though... Who Am I and Latharix_Sama, your sign-ups are good, except for the generic animals. Dog and Cat are more categories than animals. There are many breeds of dog (including wild ones such as the wolf, fox and coyote) and the same goes for cat (lions, tigers, leopards, cheetahs, etc.). I would like it if both of you could 'expand' on your animal a little. If you stick with generic dog and cat, at least specify what kind. Other than that, everything's perfect!

I look forward to seeing that sketch Runy ~_^

PS: This should be up within the next day or so, so keep your eyes out.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[CENTER][SIZE=1][B]Spirit[/B]: Rabbit
[B]Name[/B]: Beta
[B]Gender[/B]:Female
[B]Appearance[/B]: Beta has everything a rabbit has. Long ears, round paws, red beady eyes. She stands up-right about 5'6''. Weighing in about 105 pounds, she tries to stay atune with her weight. The lighter she is the farther she can jump. She wears a small brown jacket, it stops a little before her belly button. Under that she has a pink mid-drif.

Her ears are rather droppy than standing right up, in between them is wear her hair starts. Long, black, and silky are the traits of her hair.
Persona: Beta is all about ettiquete, she walks with great posture and talks a proper English. Even carrying a slight Brittanic accent. The things she most hate about people is when they act childish, its a pet peeve of hers.
[B]Abilities[/B]: Beta is able to jump long distances with her rabbit like feet. Along with fast punches (jabs) and kicks using both feet.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Im sorry it sucks but I have a head ache right now so everything is mixed up and...idk... Ill post better when the real thing comes.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Very sorry Beta, but I think I'm going to stick with the current five sign-ups. I would have accepted you if you had just replied a little earlier. But, as it is, I don't want to kick off anybody else, and the limit is six players, including myself. Sorry!

Anyway, even though Who Am I hasn't changed the animal yet, and Runy's drawing isn't up yet, I'm gonna go ahead and get this started up. Hope to see you guys there![/COLOR][/FONT]