OtakuBoards

inking....

kitsunekami

hello, i am not a manga-ka, but i'm a doujinka... for those of you who don't know what a doujinshi is, it's a fanmade comic. So we do basically the same thing, only a bit different. but as art goes, the same.

anyways, i am terrible at inking :animecry: . if anyone has any tips or anything like that please help:help:.

thank you.

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Never use Ballpionts whatever you do...if u do make sure to get the Gel inks. Never touch the peice of paper you are inking with a hand or elbow. Put as much effort in it as drawing it, or you could just draw it in ink in the first place.

I use a very simple method when it comes to "serious" inking. Trace the drawing/sketch in thin ink. (Remember. Just the parts you know that look good.) Make sure the lines are clear, but they don't have to be perfect. That is the cool part.

Then, once you have the entire thing inked and all the parts you know that want to have "smooth" lines, bust out the ol' french curves (It's a tool damn it!). If you don't have one, then buy one. It is well worth a lowsy 5 bucks (or so..)!

Now use that tool to completely solidy and modify the many curves so that they look professional. (Which indeed make the piece professional. Unless you have complete control of your arm. Unlike me. I am a complete spaz when it comes to holding still for so long.) Now you know why all them lines are so smooth for being [B]"totally freehand"[/B]. *insert text here to annuciate dramatic finger quotation*

If this tip is not what you wanted or it doesn't work, then I guess I can give out a few more tips. :therock:

[quote name='Little Slugger']Never use Ballpionts whatever you do...if u do make sure to get the Gel inks. Never touch the peice of paper you are inking with a hand or elbow. Put as much effort in it as drawing it, or you could just draw it in ink in the first place.[/quote]
yeah, i know not to use ballpoint pens. i'll try my hardest to work with it, THANK YOU!

[QUOTE=Xy GGu]I use a very simple method when it comes to "serious" inking. Trace the drawing/sketch in thin ink. (Remember. Just the parts you know that look good.) Make sure the lines are clear, but they don't have to be perfect. That is the cool part.

Then, once you have the entire thing inked and all the parts you know that want to have "smooth" lines, bust out the ol' french curves (It's a tool damn it!). If you don't have one, then buy one. It is well worth a lowsy 5 bucks (or so..)!

Now use that tool to completely solidy and modify the many curves so that they look professional. (Which indeed make the piece professional. Unless you have complete control of your arm. Unlike me. I am a complete spaz when it comes to holding still for so long.) Now you know why all them lines are so smooth for being [B]"totally freehand"[/B]. *insert text here to annuciate dramatic finger quotation*

If this tip is not what you wanted or it doesn't work, then I guess I can give out a few more tips. :therock:[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much! yes, i have frech curves but i never use them when inking only when drawing. yeah, i can't gold still either. Thanks so much!