OtakuBoards

i'v gotta riddle

coolkam007

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]Here it is:

There is a man looking for his friend, he walks into a town and in this town there is a line down the middle. On one side of the line lives the 'Truth tellers' on the other side lives the 'Liars'. The man has to find his friend who lives on the 'Truth tellers' side, but in the daytime the people are all mixed up, they are on either side. He can ask one person, one question to find out what the Truth telling side is. But he must find his friend before nightfall. What question does he ask? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=purple][size=1] a man have to ask one question to find out who's the truth teller. It's during the day, so he can ask one of them that "Is it dark right now?" The liar always lie will say no, and the truth tell teller will answer yes. [/color][/size]

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have 2 riddles at the moment, and they're both fairly easy.

1. One train was in the state of The Right Side. It was heading for the border of The Left Side at 90 miles per hour. Another train was in the state of The Left Side. It was heading for the border of The Right Side at 80 miles per hour. They were on the same track, not knowing that each other were heading in the opposite direction. If both the trains crashed exactly on the border that seperated The Left Side from The Right Side, where would they burry the survivers?

2. If an electric train was travelling north at 40 miles per hour, and the wind was blowing at 50 miles per hour in the same direction, which way would the smoke blow?

These are fairly easy ones once you think about them. And Neo, I'm still trying to figure your riddle, but I haven't had any luck yet.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

Close enough.

The stick was 2 feet tall. He was a dwarf that worked at the circus. he came home and the stick was cut off. He thought he had grown... so he picked up the gun and shot himself...

If i'm roght you heard this riddle before cera? No beginer can get it first try with no hints or clues... [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Actually, no I hadn't. But I've heard a story that was somewhat similar, only the person thought she was shrinking... that book by Roald Dahl.... I dun remember the title.... [/FONT]

[B]Here it is:

There is a man looking for his friend, he walks into a town and in this town there is a line down the middle. On one side of the line lives the 'Truth tellers' on the other side lives the 'Liars'. The man has to find his friend who lives on the 'Truth tellers' side, but in the daytime the people are all mixed up, they are on either side. He can ask one person, one question to find out what the Truth telling side is. But he must find his friend before nightfall. What question does he ask? [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=century gothic]I'll get this if it kills me.....[/FONT]

There is a man looking for his friend, he walks into a town and in this town there is a line down the middle. On one side of the line lives the 'Truth tellers' on the other side lives the 'Liars'. The man has to find his friend who lives on the 'Truth tellers' side, but in the daytime the people are all mixed up, they are on either side. He can ask one person, one question to find out what the Truth telling side is. But he must find his friend before nightfall. What question does he ask?

[b]Ask him which side he lives on...
If he's a truthie, he'll show ya where...
If he's a liar, he'll show ya where the truthie's live!!!
I s[i]ooooo[/i] rule!![/b]

EDIT: Corrected spelling mistake
(wrote 'lier' before...)
I still rock though

[b]If the bee hive one is still open[/b]
HIbVE is a Bee inside a hive.

[b]Rich people want it
Poor people have it
And if you eat it
You will die
What is it?[/b]

The answer is ....Happiness? You can't eat happiness but it still is a good answer.

[b]The Person Riddle.
[/b]He finds his friend and ask his friend what the triuth teller side is??

All COMPLETE guesses

Here are mine:

A man marrys 32 woman in a month. But isn't arrested. Why?

Joe has a metal rod on his back and food infront of him. Why did he die?

SO easy.

EDIT:

A rooster is at the top of a barn. It lays an egg. Which side of the barn doe's it fall on?

The are 10 copycats on a fence. One jumps down. How many are left?

SO EASY

EDIT:

*Note you need to say this outloud to really get the correct answer. Otherwise you can't get the correct answer*

26 are in a feild. One dies. How many are left??

And since i'm nice i'll give you a clue. When you say "26" don't ad the "ix" sound....

Well done AJ2K1 4 life. i just got that one after hours and now someones beaten me to it:mad: but well done you do rule:D

Here's one for you all

A man is trying to get into an exclusive club but he needs the pass word so he hides near the door. A member comes up to the doorman who says twelve, to which the member replies six and the doorman lets him in. A second member arrives, the doorman says to him six, he replies three and is let in. The man, thinking he has heard enough goes up to the doorman wo says to him ten. The man replies five but is not let in. Why not?

Edit

[B]26 are in a field. One dies. How many are left??[/B]

There are still 26 left in the field even if 1 is dead.

[B]Here it is:

There is a man looking for his friend, he walks into a town and in this town there is a line down the middle. On one side of the line lives the 'Truth tellers' on the other side lives the 'Liars'. The man has to find his friend who lives on the 'Truth tellers' side, but in the daytime the people are all mixed up, they are on either side. He can ask one person, one question to find out what the Truth telling side is. But he must find his friend before nightfall. What question does he ask? [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Okay, I've been chewing on this ever since you first posted it up.....and I think I've got it pretty well figured out. [FINALLY!]

It can't be a yes/no answer. Especially if you can only ask one question.

If you asked two, you could ask something like, "Is water wet?" Then, by their answer, you would know if they were a liar or not, and you could then proceed to ask them which side of the village you were on. But you can only ask one question, so that won't work.

Asking them if they were a liar or not would do no good whatsoever, since everyone's mixed up during the day.

You cannot just ask which side of the village you are on. It wouldn't work. You would get a different answer if you asked a truth-teller or a liar, and you wouldn't be able to tell.

EX: Is this the liar side? [answer=yes]
Liar: No.
Truth-teller: Yes

EX: Is this the liar side? [answer=no]
Liar: Yes.
Truth-teller: No.

And you wouldn't know if the person you asked was a liar or not.

So what you need to do is ask a question where it wouldn't matter, where they would both have the same answer. How is [i]that[/i] possible?

Well, again, it wouldn't just be a yes/no question. You would have to word it kinda funny. Not ask them what [i]they[/i] think, but what the [i]other[/i] party in the village would say.

For sake of demonstration, you are on the Liar side of the village.

Suppose you went up to someone who was a liar, and asked: if I asked the people who live on the other side of the village from you which side of the village this is, what would they say?

Well, the people living on the other side of the village would be truthtellers, and they would say, "This is the lying side of the village." Thus, the person you asked, who always lies, would tell you, "They would say this is the Truth-telling side of the village."

Now, what would happen if you asked a truthteller the same question? [if I asked the people who live on the other side of the village from you which side of the village this is, what would they say?] Well, you're still on the liar side.

The people living on the opposite side as the truth-tellers would be the liars. They would say you were on the truth-telling side. The truth-teller you asked would have to be honest about this, and say so.

So, if you were on the Liar Side, and asked "if I asked the people who live on the other side of the village from you which side of the village this is, what would they say?" you would always be told you were on the truth-telling side.

If you were on the truth-telling side, and asked the same question, you would always be told, the liar side.

Thus, to find his friend, he would simply need to ask this question, and reverse the answer he gets.

[EDIT]Of course, there is also the insanely simple way AJ2K1 posted.... Do I always make things too complicated, or what? :p[/EDIT][/FONT]

[FONT=century gothic]Twenty sick are in a field....one dies.....so it's either twenty or nineteen, depending how you look at it....

[COLOR=indigo]There are ten flies on the table. You swat and kill one of them. How many are left? [/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]Well done AJ2K1 4 life. i just got that one after hours and now someones beaten me to it:mad: but well done you do rule:D

Here's one for you all

A man is trying to get into an exclusive club but he needs the pass word so he hides near the door. A member comes up to the doorman who says twelve, to which the member replies six and the doorman lets him in. A second member arrives, the doorman says to him six, he replies three and is let in. The man, thinking he has heard enough goes up to the doorman wo says to him ten. The man replies five but is not let in. Why not? [/B][/QUOTE]

The answer was surposed to be 1 1/2 because the guy said 12 and the answer was 6. The guy says 6 and the answer was 3. But the guy saw the guy listening in and said 10 when he was gonna say 3??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]26 are in a field. One dies. How many are left??[/B]

There are still 26 left in the field even if 1 is dead. [/B][/QUOTE]

NO! If something dies you don't includ it in!

As for Broli:
I fixed number one. Plz reply to that one again
Number Two is correct
You didn't have an answer for number three
??? What food one?
Correct. If you say Twenty Six sheep WITHOUT saying "IX" it turns into TWENTY SICK Sheep. One dies you got nineteen left.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Twenty sick are in a field....one dies.....so it's either twenty or nineteen, depending how you look at it....

[COLOR=indigo]There are ten flies on the table. You swat and kill one of them. How many are left? [/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

One cause you kill the one fly so the watse fly away and the dead one ain't gonna anywhere!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]None left coz those other 9 flies sure as heck ain't stupid![/b]
[EDIT]Insanely stupid is good[/EDIT] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Heh. Nope.

[EDIT]Saiyadude got it. The answer is one. The dead one.[/EDIT]

[COLOR=indigo]Where was the United States Consitution signed?[/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]Roosters don't lay eggs :p
Like the riddle that goes:
'A monkey lays an eggs at the top of a mountain...what colour's the egg?'
Answer: Monkeys don't lay eggs...

Hehe...w[i]aaaaaa[/i]y too similar...[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah but the rooster one is MUCH older. Trust me I know. Anywho next Riddle:

What can you break without hitting or dropping it? Note there can be two answers to this riddle.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Heh. Nope.

[EDIT]Saiyadude got it. The answer is one. The dead one.[/EDIT]

[COLOR=indigo]Where was the United States Consitution signed?[/FONT] [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Hehe....I was gonna say that saiyadude musta got it right then...but while I was quoting, you edited...(view quote..)

As for the US one...I have [u]no[/u] idea about nothing about the US...:(*sigh*..[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyadude [/i]
[B]I believe it was in virginia? But how is that a riddle? [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]You're looking at it the wrong way. You can get this one without any knowledge of american history....[/FONT]

[B]

What can you break without hitting or dropping it? Note there can be two answers to this riddle. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]First thing that came to mind:
Your breath?

Don't laugh if I'm insanely off the mark...[/b]

[B]

What can you break without hitting or dropping it? Note there can be two answers to this riddle. [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Never heard the monkey one, myself....

Someone's heart? [/FONT]