OtakuBoards

To Celebrate Life [PG-VSL]

GuyYouMetOnline

Nait was feeling a bit better but decided she needed food. But instead of asking for some she just stood up and wandered around untill she found a place to make her own. She was so used to doing things for others. Getting the beer serving the dinner making the beds. It was all normal for her. Sure she occasionally got the thought that she was everyones servent or slave but she didnt mind all that much. It was all a part of her job after all.

Once she had something in her stomach she found a vacant bench and decided to take a nap. As she lay there taking up the whole bench she drifted of to sleep. Her dream was at first very peaceful. She was in her Inn. Just serving the usual customers. Beer, Ale, Water and so on. She would occasionally cook a meal for everyone at a certain time of the day and people were happy.

Her dream turned ,however, from a peaceful reminder of what it used to be to a mix of things that have happend over the past several hours. Running in darkness, fighting people, slashing at them with swords, and of course drowning them. Her dream slowly got into a pattern of showing her the same things over and over again. First was her throwing herself in front of the blade. Was the stress of the day so much that she was willing to just die there? Or was it something more? Then the shield of water... How did she do it? And how come the moment she thought about it the wall fell away?

The last thing that repeated was her losing control. Draining the man of all water. Him becoming dusty, crumpled, and stiff. How was she able to do all this? Why couldnt she control it? Why cant she wake up...

As she lay there dreaming the three things over and over again she would occasionaly make a small noise or something like a leg or a hand would twitch. She was caught in the nightmare and was unable to wake from it. Her extream tiredness made it so she was sleeping and wouldnt wake up untill she was rested enough. But how can one truely rest if their mind is being harrased by visions of the past? Her mind raced so full of questions and so full of doubts.

------------
ooc: She wont wake untill morning. Not even if dunked in water... Lol people can try if they like but she aint waking up (gives me a little break of thinking and plus it gets my character from day two to day three...)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James let Nait go off on her own, figuring she needed some time alone, and doing some things form her normal life, like cooking, might settle her down. People always feel more comfortable when doing something familiar. For James, this was training. He had spent the better part of his life training as a theif, getting his mind and body in peak physical condition. Now doing simple exercises helped to relax him. James wandered the halls and eventually found a series of training rooms, obviously used by the guards, consisting of weights, training dumbies, and sparring circles. He entered what seemed to him to be an empty sparring room and dropped to the ground, doing pushups to try and get the strength back in his still soar body.

It wasn't long before he was interupted by a small group of guards, apparently just coming off duty from a long days work. Most of them paid James little mind, as they had no need for the training rooms then, but one took particular intrest in him. It was Daego, one of the two guards who had hunted James down and captured him earlier. And with all the confusion of the past few days, he had no idea of James' current situation, or that he was helping with the dragon situation.

"You scumbag! What the hell are you doing in here!" Daego yelled as he ran towards the suprised theif. Before James could even make it off the ground to his feet, Daego was ontop of him, pinning his arms to the ground.

James struggled back, but it was no use. Daego had both a weight and leverage advantage on him. "Get off of me man!" he shouted as Daego's fellow guards pulled him off of James.

"What are you guys doing! This punks a theif, me and Kajo captured him the other day, before this dirtball knocked him out and left him for dead outside our ruined station."

"What the hell are you talking about!?" James retorted. "Look, your partner would be dead if it wasn't for me! That dragon attack clapsed the station ceiling right ontop of him. I saved his ass."

"Why you lieing sac of..." Daego was cut off before he could finish.

"He's right Daego. He did save my life." Came Kajo's voice from across the room. Kajo made his way inbetween James and Daego and placed his hands on their sholders, signalling the guards restraining Daego to let go. "It's alright Daego. I just told you he knocked me out to cover my own ass." After explaining what really happened in the station during the attack, Kajo turned to the young theif. "So, what they hell [I]are[/I] you doing in the guard barracks? Not a very smart place for a known theif to hang out."

James explained to the guards what had happened since he left Kajo at the station, how he had run from the dragon, protected Tesera, and been captured by thugs. He also explained about the assassins he beleived to be in the city. "Well, wi'll keep an eye out for them," said Daego, "but now I think we better all get some rest. It's been a hell of a day. Sorry about the miss understanding." The guards turned a left James in the room alone.

"Yeah, so am I," he said, rubbing his arms, soar from the attack coupled with his exercises. Resting sounded offly good to James at this point, so he decided to try and find a place to sleep. After patrolling the halls for a open cot or bench, James came upon the sleeping Nait. She looked peaceful, and almost happy. It was one of the few times he had seen her happy in a while. With a grin on his face, James slumped to the floor next to Nait's bench with his back to the wall. It didn't take long for him to close his eyes and drift off to sleep.

[color=crimson]Ashwin stretched his sore body and cracked his neck a bit. "There was a pirate who was rather famous a few years back." He began, rubbing his chin as he went. "He was one of the best strategists at sea that was ever seen. Remained the scourge of the sea for a good time. He always used to say that the first thing to die in a battle is the battle plan."

"Do you often take advice from pirates?" Alno'dra said and glanced at Ashwin.

Ashwin chuckled, "Nothing wrong with a pirate's advice. Especially this pirate, he was more of a privateer than a murderous, rampaging pirate. Well, he [i]was[/i] more of a privateer. Ran into a bit of bad luck five years ago in the dead of winter." The two men were looking at him, waiting for him to continue. Ashwin sighed and shrugged. "He met his match and, ultimately, his end. Anyway, a pirate's advice is usually pretty spot on. So, just keep a sharp mind and be able to think on the spot. Situational awareness is key."

Eso nodded. "I'm confident in myself and in you all. Even if it turns into chaos I believe we can make it through."

"Chaos, huh?" Ashwin leaned against the wall and stared up at the ceiling. "Chaos.."

"I think we've already been tested by chaos and passed." Alno'dra said and looked back to the city map.

"Today?" Eso shrugged and continued, "Today was just the prelude."

"Sounds accurate enough." Alno'dra replied as he studied the map.

"The days to come.." Eso nodded to himself. "That will be the main event." His mind seemed to drift back towards tomorrow's activities.

Ashwin let out a low 'hmm' and smiled to himself. "You know, if normal interrogations don't work there is a more.. unethical method of getting him to talk."

".. Go on." Eso said with a curious look.

"I can't really describe it. Some necromantic spells are a bit complex in their effects." He rubbed his chin and noticed Alno'dra looking oddly at him- he recalled that most of the rest of the group wasn't aware of the school of magic he was versed in. Too late to be subtle. He continued, "Well, I suppose I'd simply be.. scaring them. Just.. in a rather intense way."

"How 'unethical' is this scaring?" Eso asked.

"Very. There's a good chance that there would be permanent psychological, mental and emotional damage." Ashwin wryly grinned as he finished speaking. He found amusement in this for some odd reason.

"Permanent psychological, mental and emotional damage.. hm." Eso began to ponder about it.

"Significant damage." Ashwin added. "Life-altering. You know, the kind of thing that is.."

"Unethical?" Alno'dra finished the sentence for Ashwin.

Ashwin nodded, "There's no rush to decide. I could probably get them to talk within an hour."

"I'll think about it." Eso stated and rubbed his chin. "If they don't crack I suppose something life-altering might knock some information out of them."

"No problem." Ashwin yawned. "I think I'm going to get some rest. Lynn's got the right idea." He nodded at his sleeping daughter.

Kira, who had been unusually quiet until now, ecstatically agreed. "Yes! Sleep for us! Horrah. Kira is sooooo tired." She yawned.

".. Do fairies get tired?" Eso asked the little familiar.

"Yes! Very tired, in this case!" She wagged a finger at him for his ignorance. "You haven't been around many fairies, have you?"

"Not that many, no." Eso stated and grinned.

"Bah! You'll learn things quickly enough. Good night, Esy." She bowed to him.

".. Esy?" He arched his eyebrow at her but said nothing more.

"Good night, Ashy!" She bowed to everyone before settling down, sitting with her back leaning against Lynn's arm.

"Yeah, see you in the morrow. Get some rest, you two." He looked at Eso and Alno'dra. "Even with youth on your side, you've had a pretty long day."

"Will do." Eso said. Alno'dra just nodded to him, still lost in his own thoughts. Ashwin chuckled- what an interesting crowd he had ended up with.

With that, Ashwin sat down at the nearby table and rested his head on the table, mimicking his daughter. He quickly fell into a quiet sleep, drifting into his own dreams.[/color]

[color=#00ffff]Lesarioth had not left the island chain on which she made her lair for over 2500 years, but she knew that she would now have to. She did not want to, as she very much preferred isolation. Yet she'd known that the day would come for a long ime now, known it for longer than most beings lived. She would have preferred not to, but she knew that she had no choice. Events had conspired against her, and she knew that if she did not intervene, the result would be disasterous. So she had intervened. The battle in the skies about the human city of Alsoto had been the first step in that intervention. She hadused Kaenosetek for that, and she would use him again, but he alone would not be enough. And eventually, he would become a hinderance. Currently, he was valuable, but eventually he would become a problem. When that time came, she would have to kill him.[/color]
[color=#00ffff][/color]
[color=#00ffff]She knew that she could delay no longer. Though she did not want to, she knew that she had to leave her lair and fly to what humans called 'the mainland'. She would not reveal herself to them just yet, but she could not control events from her remote lair. And if she did not put herself in control, there was no telling what the result would be.[/color]
[color=#00ffff][/color]
[color=#00ffff][/color]
Eso'd had a very busy day, and he was exhausted, as anyone would be after what he'd been through. But unlike his companions, he and the other soldiers had been trained to push themselves. He wasn't nearly as exhausted as Tesera and the otehrs were, which was why it came as no surprise that they all went to bed early. Eso stayed up a bit longer, making sure that everyone was safe, checking on the progress of the interrogation, and answering a few more questions from Branit, who never seemed to run out of them. But he was eventually able to make it to his quarters.

As he started to fall asleep, Eso wondered just what would happen tomorrow. It wouldn't be a restful day, of that he was certain. He needed to figure out what was going on as soon as possible. And he was under no illusion that the attempts on Tesera's life would end. Then there was the risk of a return apearance by the dragons, though Eso didn't believe that that would happen. And of course, there were innumerable potential events that might happen. He wouldn't know what would happen until it did. He'd just have to hope that when it did happen, he'd be able to do something about it.

Images of the day's events flashed randomly through Alno'dra's mind as he drifted off to sleep. In all his life he had never expected to be caught in the middle of something like this, and every strand of logic in his brain screamed for him to find the nearest exit and just fade into the darkness. He knew there was no reason to stay and fight, but something held him back. Searching for the answers would have to wait for tomorrow. Right now it was time to let the fatigue take over.

---***--- (indicates memories seen while resting)
[i]"Do me a favor," Eso requested, "and keep the knowledge of Ashwin's Necromancer skills to yourself. I do not want word getting out, otherwise someone might start trouble over it."

Alno'dra had nodded his responce, and Eso had taken his leave.[/i]
---***--- (back to reality)

Even if Eso had not asked Alno'dra would have stayed silent. It was well known that Necromancy, and those who studied its arts, was strongly dislike by the masses. It was understandable given how stories of the worst Necromancers would spread like fire. Under normal circumstances Alno'dra would have been wary of Ashwin had he known, however the recent events had shown that Ashwin was more trustworthy then some others.

---***---
[i]The world blurred by as Alno'dra sped though the obsticle course. It had been a while since he had managed to enjoy himself like this, and only a good hunt would have been better right now. He ended the exersice by climbing a large 'rock wall ,' and sat at the top staring at the rest of the course.

'I see you like jumping around like a monkey." The owner of the voice was none other then the young guard that had brought him to the barracks.

"Are you following me around?" Alno'dra quipped.

"Hardly," she said flatly. "I just heard rumors of your little training event here, and wanted to see if you would make for good competition against a real soldier." She smirked a bit as that barb was sent flying. Not one to back down easily, Alno'dra made his way down the wall, and into the matted portion of the floor used for sparring which she had guestured to.

Overall he faired poorly in a hand-to-hand fight with the guard. She had the training and the knowledge of fighting, and even rivaled Alno'dra in speed, relfexes and endurance. In the end he had no choice but to conceide before the mostly one-sided fight got any more embarassing. "He he he, you really need to learn how to fight." Her merriement was cut short by a spark of fire near her feet, and a smart-assed "Oops" from Alno'dra.

"Maybe at some point we can get our teacher to give you some lessons. And you may just pose a challenge next time." With that said she made her way toward the door. Just oustide the threshhold she turned around and poked her head back in. "By the way, the name's Altea." And with that she was gone again.[/i]
---***---

Shortly after being beaten in the sparring match Alno'dra had found a quiet corner in a room that looked rarely used, and sat down. The rememberances slowly faded away as Alno'dra finally fell into a state of total sleep. It was likely that tomorrow would be a day just like the last two, but for now all that mattered was the brief tranquility brought on by sleep.