OtakuBoards

What anime character goes from evil to good?

Guest leecwen

Hi, I would just like to ask if there is an anime that shows a character turning from an evil one to a good one?

Because in most shows the main character normally might turn towards the "dark side" for certain reasons. But how about the reverse? Anyone has any suggestions? They need to be leads in the anime. Just a more significant character.

Thank you!

If I understand your question correctly there are a couple of examples I can think of a couple of examples off the top of my head. I will be using [b]spoiler tags[/b] in my response as to not ruin the story for those who still might like to see it. To read the blacked out 'spoiler' area just hightlight the black and you can read what's underneath. When in doubt if something is a spoiler, opt to use the spoiler tags. Better safe than sorry!

The first would be from Super Dimentional Fortress Macross. This is also the anime used in the first saga of Robotech. For conversations sake I will use the Robotech names since they are fairly well known. The invading aliens are called the Zentraedi and the commanding officer of the fleet incharge of regaining control of Zor's ship is named Breetai. [spoiler]As the story progresses Breetai and many of his soldiers switch sides and fight on the side of the Micronians (aka humans) against the leader of the Zentraedi forces, Dolza. Breetai and crew begin the story fighting a war against mankind, killing thousands of people, but in the end fight the greater evil along side the Micronians. [/spoiler] Going from killing to saving Micronian lives is a nice switch...speaking from a Micronian's point of view of course.

The second would be Great Teacher Onizuka or GTO as it is better known. Onizuka's entire classroom of students are bad apples who had done and are doing terrible things to their teachers. [spoiler]A general distrust of adults and other emotional baggage each of the students carry make them lash out as a group towards the teacher of their class. One by one Onizuka wins over the trust of each of these students. They go from physically and mental abusing other students and destructive career ending pranks on their teachers to productive students who learn to heal from their internal demons.[/spoiler] When you see what the students do others you can't help but call them evil.

Hope that is what you are looking for in responses. If it isn't exactly what you were aiming for in responses please elaborate a bit more.

There's tales of Symphonia. The renegades first kidnap loyd, then become loyd;s freinds, Botta tries to kill loyd, then sacrifices himself for loyd. Another one is Zelos, he goes bad, then good. When you first meet Regal, he wants to kill you, but then he joins you. Kratos was bad from the start, at the end going to do good. I hope that helps. My quotes are from tales of Symphonia.

Guest darkmoonfox
Well....I could tell you some things.....well There is this game(it's an anime one that I have never heard of)...And I'm not really sure how to explain it.But anyways, there is this character that starts out extremely mean to you and then you find out that that person is an enemy of the thing you are going against.But as the story progresses the character starts to realize what he/she is doing and starts to come over to the better side.X3. I hope i didn't make it really confusing or anything... I also hope I answered you question correctly. :D

Well there's Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin. First he's an assasin, then he's nice, then he's a batosai(man slayer) then he's kind again. lol well that's basically what happens.

There's also Alucard from Hellsing.
Well....sorta :animeswea
He was first like this BIG evil guy(Dracula) Then he gets captured and is then a servant of Hellsing, which is an organization that kills vampires. He helps them even though he is one.
Even though he helps humans, he isn't what you would exxactly call GOOD. ;)

Elfen Lied is a perfect one. The main character, Lucy, is a Dimoncolous, (or something like that) which means she has strong will power and has extessential hands that are beyond any power you can imagine. She is basically a psychotic killer in this form. Whenever she is hit on the head though she becomes like a child, and can't even say real words.

Word of Warning: The show is extremely violent

Guest dark_angel_fire
[font=Fixedsys][size=2]try watching Vampire Princess Miyu, her 'assistant' Larva starts out evil but changes to aid the young vamp princess in her duties of clearing the world of the demon thingys[/size][/font]

[QUOTE=leecwen]Hi, I would just like to ask if there is an anime that shows a character turning from an evil one to a good one?

Because in most shows the main character normally might turn towards the "dark side" for certain reasons. But how about the reverse? Anyone has any suggestions? They need to be leads in the anime. Just a more significant character.

Thank you![/QUOTE]
rurouni kenshin all the way!

Guest kuroinuyoukai
[QUOTE=leecwen]Hi, I would just like to ask if there is an anime that shows a character turning from an evil one to a good one?

Thank you![/QUOTE]
Maybe Sesshomaru in "Inuyasha"? I mean he goes from hating humans to resurecting Rin with Tenseiga! Maybe he will be a decent evil guy in the end.

Now i wouldn't call Kenshin evil he was killing for a cause not killing because he had nothing better to do. Remember the art of Ryu no hirumeki was made to protect the weak.

I guess you could kinda say Zech Marquise from gundam wing had a change like that. He went from being first a pacifist prince, seeing his family murdered, then he joinded OZ. Graduated top of his calss from OZ's academy, quickly rose through the ranks even earning the Nick name The Lightning Baron due to his piolting techniques. Then once he realized that his sister was still alive and that the war he was fighting was wrong he changed his ways and started to fight for freedom.