OtakuBoards

In the mood...

FlamesFirebrand

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, there are few that come to mind. I'm sure you've heard of some of them. One is an anime called Trigun. I'm not going to say anything cause it'll just spoil the plot. Just watch the series and you'll understand. It's one of my all time favorite anime. I'll edit this post when I think of more, k?[/COLOR]

Something depressing? Try [b]Saikano[/b]. Almost nothing positive happens in the entire series. It's not only a tragedy due to the nature of its story, but it also tries as hard as it possibly can to get the viewer down in the dumps. It's almost oppressively sad. As such, it's not for everyone, but in terms of what you're looking for, Saikano fits the bill almost exactly (especially with the romance angle).

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#757458][SIZE=1]Get [b]Texhnolyze[/b]. Yep. If that doesn't put you in a lousy mood, nothing will. It has no tinge of comedy whatsoever and the characters aren't exactly psychologically sound. Most notable are the colors and dialogue; get ready for a very depressing experience.

But it's good. Depressing but good.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Probably the show I'd recommend for you would Gunslinger Girl. It's honestly depressing, both tearjerking and compelling at the exact same time. A bit too much for those who can't handle it, but I doubt you'd post a thread like this if you couldn't in the first place!

Grave of the Fireflies was a great and very sad, but I don't know if it is what you would want. I cried more than any other movie I've ever seen when watching it, yet for some odd reason I wasn't too depressed afterwards. Probably because when you think about what makes it all so sad was that the characters were so likeable, and if you can try really hard to think of the nice moments they had together, it gives off a bit more of a bittersweet vide than an entirely depressing one.

FMA has a lot of really sad moments. I recommend that if you don't mind a few bursts of comedy amongst all of the tragedy.

Paranoia Agent is depressing in it's own wierd way. However, you have to be really smart to be able to figure the story out and exactly why it's sad. Otherwise, you just go out of the series befuddled and terrified... Not as if that's a bad thing and the people who do get it don't have those feelings as well! :devil:

I'd say [B] Escaflowne[/B], at least, the movie anyway. It's really the only anime I know in which the main character is really clinnically depressed. But, in spite of all this, there is still an endearing note to this flick.

[B] Cowboy Bebop[/B], while hilarious in some episodes, has rather depressing undertones. However, the source of the bitterness doesn't really show up in the series, but in the barely seen past of the characters. But keep in mind that the entire series isn't devoted toward pining over grievances that happened in the past--as I said, it can be out right hilarious. Just watch, pay attention, and you'll see what I mean.

Love. Betrayal. Death. These all have their moments in these two anime, but both are enjoyable for the most part.

How about Zeta Gundam?

Kamille is angry at his parents and something happens to them. He becomes depress. Then, Kamille meets Four and something happens to Four. Kamille becomes upset and depress. Kamille meets Four again and something happens to Four again. Kamille becomes depress again.

It is just one of the subplot of Zeta Gundam. Actually, I don't recommand it without the knowledge of other UC Gundams. Anyway, it fits your discription perfectly.

You might enjoy Rahxephon.